T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 31, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Hawthorne, CA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile (Hawthorne, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

I was extremely nervous, stuttered alot, and was kind of repeating my answers . Tried selling speaker as an example I feel like I did great so did the employee I was trying to sell it to.
I have a question I was Givin a personal card , I hope Its a good sign !

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Applied to many locations. Two tmobile stores I didn't apply to called me in for interview. One was an interview with three guys. They seemed very disinterested and monotone. I was glad when it was over & would not want to work with those people. My next interview was cool. The man was very interested & willing to listen. Our conversation flowed great.

Interview Questions

• How can your previous experience help you excell in this job?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty flexible with my college schedule

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Quick phone screen interview asking the basic questions regarding availability, languages spoken, past experience in sales. They will either call back or schedule another interview on a later date with 2 store managers. They will go by an interview guide that the company supplies. Basic situational questions were asked. If they like what you say they will put you through background followed by an offer. Most store managers are lazy are looking for people with previous sales experience in wireless so there is minimal training needed in store.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Hourly rate is based on previous experience. They have a recruiter that figures out the range which your offer will be.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

got called for the interview they asked me to tell me about myself, my experience. They asked why do i want to work for tmobile, how much experience do i have with phones, how do i sell phones

Interview Questions

• what do you need to improve in yourself or have to work on ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

was hard to take a lower hourly rate then i was making but the commission structure out weighs and makes it more

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2015.

Interview

Fairly easy, met with store manager for first interview. And District Manager for second. By the questions asked you can tell the company is taking a different approach to sales as other companies do. Don't expect any different questions. All of it is situation based questions. Tell me a time when...

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at T-Mobile (Cincinnati, OH) in January 2015.

Interview

...consisted of call from store mgr to schedule interview, second interview was at another location, third interview at first location, background 'investigation'...
    Overall experience was not favorable. Seemed like a cult, not a company you were subjecting yourself to, then again anything corporate is that way now...at least you can wear jeans and a tee at TMUS.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile (New York, NY).

Interview

Apply online then got a call for a interview, went in to an interview turned out they were having a bunch of interviews that day, waited a bit but then interviewed with two managers typical interview questions scenario based.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in December 2014.

Interview

My first interview was really chill. The manager was super cool and basically asked me who I am. Done!
    Second interview with a district manager was really mind-blowing, he was asking me some pretty hard questions and the interview was unorthodox. He had jazz music playing, and said he wanted to get to know the real me so he can hire the right employee. I was honest and had fun too. haha The interview was 1 and 1/2 hours long. Yeah....lol

Interview Questions

• He showed me a board with all the associates ranked in order from best to worst. He asked me are you sure you can be in the top 2? If so, how, why, what drives you, you don't know her so what makes you so sure she won't run you out of the store.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiating, 9 an hour but the commission package is extremely generous.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2014.

Interview

For this retail branch I had to apply in person and not via their online website. I received an interview the next day. The interview process took about 10 minutes. The location was in the Berkshire mall located in Wyomissing PA. They interviewer was very prompt with being on time for the interview and did not have me waiting to long. Very laid back interview and very friendly.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Interview

The interview was very difficult, they grilled me with strange questions, and then left and didn't hear back from them until three weeks later. It turns out my interviewer was an ex-boyfriend and it made it a bit awkward :(

Interview Questions

• What would you do in particular situation, yourself being the manager and needing to solve a problem.   Answer Question