T-Mobile Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 21, 2014

2.7

93 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Average of 15-30 min. interviews. Expect to be interviewed at least 3 separate times.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile.

When I applied in 2008, the exam was not very difficult. however, in more recent years they have gotten more selective and harder to work at T-Mobile. However, once the exam is passed, it all depends on the manager who you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    • My interview was very typical. Why do you want to work here? What are some of your negatives?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2013.

I applied online but didn't really finish the assessment. I got a call about three days later setting me up for an interview the following week. I finished the assessment and everything else and went to the interview. I was interviewed by two store managers and that was probably the most difficult. The asked me two questions that kind of threw me of because I wasn't sure what they were asking me... tell me of a time you ...something something.. pertaining to rules and regulations... anyways after that I interviewed with my actual store manager and then the district manager. Three interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us of a time you didn't meet a deadline.

Tell us of a time you had to not follow company policy.
        Answer Question
    No negotiation as far as I know. The letter I was sent said "non negotiable hourly rate of 9.73"

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tustin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tustin, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2013.

They called a few months after I applied online. Manager asked questions based on a sheet and manager was always laughing and making jokes. He didn't even look like a manager but he was always making rude comments after I answer a question. He then sent me to a different store for a second interview and he was going to schedule a third and final phone interview (with a district manager).

Interview Questions
    • They kept asking questions that were on their sheet. Questions were pretty much the same like what did you do when this or that happened. They wanted you to answer based on experience. They didn't even ask questions as to why you would be a good candidate for the job. They didn't care about your experience with phones or technology.   View Answer

Retail Sales Associate Interview

It was pretty standard. I submitted my application online, my resume looked good to one of the stores in the area I applied for so the manager called me and asked me in for an interview. I went and did 1 interview, he (later) told me he wanted a second opinion so I interviewed with another manage in a different store. I was then hired. The interview is pretty generic. They of course ask you about your experience in sales (if any) and how would you handle scenario 1, 2, and 3. They'll ask questions that will make you inadvertently reveal yourself (regarding punctuality, work ethics, etc.) so if you're a good worker, you'll be fine. This is just like any other company looking to hire.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions are those involving the scenarios. Usually they will consist of "In your past experiences, how did you handle a situation where __________."   View Answer
    I did not negotiate. As a retail sales associate, the base pay does not matter much. If you are good at sales, you will make a desirable income with your commission.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

The application process is done online. I was called for an interview and we sat down and the manager asked me questions such as "why would you be good at sales?", "name one experience when you had to upsell something", "where do you see yourself in 5 years", etc.

Interview Questions
    • The mult. questions about my sales experience since I had none at the time, but it wouldn't be ok to just say that. I had to think back on ANY experience and use that as an example so I used the time when I was a waitress and had to upsell food specials.   Answer Question
    There was none. I was offered the usual base pay amount and started part time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

It was a normal situational interview questions. Like tell me about a time when.

Interview Questions
    • The interview was not that difficult unless you have never been interview before. If you have been in sales before and looking for a sales position you should be able to get through this interview.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pineville, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pineville, NC

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

Was asked a few stupid questions was hired for my looks and harassed constantly do not apply pccnc t mobile carolina place mall !!! Unprofessional and also poor management

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview over the phone, then with teh store manager.

Interview Questions
    • Give me an example when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Pasadena, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2013.

I applied online, passed the assessment and then got called to an interview. The manager that called me for the interview was not the interviewer. My first interviewer was really nice, seemed to know what he was talking about and asked basic interview questions. To sum it up the first interview went really great. I then got an email to fill out information for my background check and days after I got a call from the same manager that called the first time, and was told he was going to interview me this time for the. He then again asked me the same questions as the previous interview, and shortly offered me the positions and I accepted. He then filled me into salary details, info on how he worked and what he expected from me and introduced me to the team. He also provided me with his personal number and business card. I asked him about the training and he said he was going to email me the information.
    Two days letter, I receive an email from T-Mobile stating "After careful consideration, we regret to inform you that you have not been selected for this particular position." I was really upset but decided it was probably an error, I called him to the number he provided me and got no answer, so I left a message and have not yet heard of him.
    I must admit I am very upset and disappointed in the managers professionalism, he did not bother to call back personally since he had made the job offer. So I guess the only thing I can conclude is that he is not a man of his word, and hope that that is not the image and values of T-Mobile.
    Word of advice for recruiters: do not get someones hopes up welcoming them to your team if it is not a serious offer.

Interview Questions
    I accepted the offered salary.