T-Mobile

52 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Easton, PA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2010.

Interview Details – THe process was straight forward their was an interview that was one on one in a fast food area of a walmart. Its important to be full of energy for the interview. After their was a drug test at quest lab that took over two weeks to get the results from.

Interview Question – Selling a phone to the interviewer was an interesting question if you have no sales experience.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative

I applied in-person and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2010.

Interview Details – i had two interviews. what makes you right for the position? Give me examples of sales experience, if any?
Why should i pick you for the position? Describe yourself in one word.

Interview Question – He picked a pen of the table and asked me to sell him the pen....   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – Applied online and was asked to take online assessment then I was called in for in-person interview with store manager. Immediately following was asked to submit for background check. Next I was called and asked to interview via phn with the regional sales manager. The next day I was called and offered the job. Less than 5% pass online assessment.

Interview Question – Sell me your phone.
What qualities do you have that make you right for the job.
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – Everything is negotiable, EVERYTHING! especially in sales. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Las Vegas, NV

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – I applied online, completed the assessment it takes about one hour. After that i called around to find out where the interviews were and basically just showed up. I was the only applicant who completed the assessment and turn in a resume! Makes a good impression in the panel interview. After that I had a 2nd panel but the other applicants were narrowed down, on the third interview I met a store manager and was offered a job.

Interview Question – When was a time you had to break policy to get the job done   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Base Salary was good so I accepted, after commission I was making about $22 per hour or 44K a year

Tacoma, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2013.

Interview Details – I initially did a short casual interview with the RAM that my friend set up as an employee here. The next day, I had a full interview with the RSM and that was fairly concise with all the regular questions you would expect about applicable sales and customer service background, understanding incentives for commission sales, seeing if your personality was a good fit with the rest of the team, etc. Two weeks later, I got the call asking to accept the position.

Interview Question – Sell me your phone right now.   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2013.

Interview Details – I have heard of some people getting interviews from applying online but very rare. Most people get an interview by referral.

Interview Question – Sell me this "random object" here.

Why sales.
  Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online couple days later I received a call, Went into the interview I had a one on one interview with the store manager. The questions mainly consisted of scenarios most of which were "What if situations" or your role playing them. They were pretty straight forward had a pretty good interview. Then a couple of days later I got a call from the store manager to set up a the same day phone interview with the district manager pretty much still asking the same question near the end of the phone interview he asked me to sell a pen to him.

Interview Question – overall just be ready to be asked question like "what are some skills that you have that can be brought to the table?"   View Answer

New Orleans, LA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2013.

Interview Details – Called me and wanted an interview same day.

Interview Question – Asked me how would I get business and corporate accounts started up.
Asked me about previous sales experience in the industry.
Interview lasted literally less than 15 minuets.
  Answer Question

Interviewed at T-Mobile

Interview Details – Apply online, do questionaire, get interview.

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

Portland, OR

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2013.

Interview Details – Filled out application online, went through basic sales personality survey, had an initial phone interview with a hr recruiter then fact to face with regional manager. Oddly enough I didn't interview with the store manager until after the regional.

Interview Question – Everything was pretty standard. Tell me about a time you felt with a difficult customer. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. Tell me about a time you worked with someone you didn't get along with, how did you handle the situation. Basic entry level questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Fairly standard there is no real negotiations. 99% of sales reps are all brought on part time, there is only one MAYBE two full time reps in a given store. Reps are payed right around minimum wage but get slightly higher commission than at other wireless companies. That's fine as long as your hitting your numbers every month, if you are missing in one or two areas your not taking home much.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!