T-Mobile Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Florence, AL) in August 2015.

Interview

I applied after one of my previous coworkers (who now works at T-Mobile) referred me. Application is online and was pretty long. There were several assessments of which were fairly simple with the exception of a few which required some thinking. I was called by the store manager the next morning for an interview the following day. I had one interview, since the people who would have done a second interview were already there. That's right-I had three people interview me. But it wasn't too bad. I was super comfortable and they loved me. I received another phone call from the store manager as soon as I got home from the interview and he chose me.

Interview Questions

• How do you know when your customers are happy, describe when you made someone happy who was angry before, what are your strengths/weaknesses, what motivates you, etc. Very generic questions that you would expect for an interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Houston, TX).

Interview

2 interviews one with the store manager the other one with the dm. first you have to apply online and take a personality test. the test is not bad .

Interview Questions

• tell me a little about yourself, tell me about a time of success with a customer, tell about a time when you were challenged and how you overcame that,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2015.

Interview

It was a pretty long interview with 3 people. They haven't introduced themselves but one of them was the store manager. They ask basic questions about you and your achievements in your life. Be sure to stress on your experience especially if it was related to the job you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• They asked typical interview questions like why should we hire you and stuff.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

Three step process: different managers, asking a range of questions. Each manager took on a different part of a template interview question evaluation. This evaluated your trustworthiness, values, morals etc.

Interview Questions

• Questions dealing with "what would you do?" scenarios.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Bridgeport, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Bridgeport, CT) in October 2014.

Interview

Very fast process overall. I received a call for a phone interview 2 days after I submitted an online application. I was scheduled for a in-store interview the next day. I arrived about 10 minutes early for the interview. I ended up waiting over 45 minutes before the manager finally sat down with me. I interviewed with the district manager and a store supervisor. Typical retail interview. Very easy questions. I filled out an additional application, and they made copies of my ID. I felt the interview was rushed. As they had 3 other candidates waiting to be interviewed. Got a call 2 hours after the interview, was told they found a more "qualified" candidate.

Interview Questions

• What have you done for a customer in the past that exceeded normal job expectations?   Answer Question
    • What would you do to resolve an issue between a co-worker and yourself?   Answer Question
    • Tell us where you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Very structured interview, the manager sat me down and pulled out his list of questions and wrote down everything that I said. Not a whole lot of surprising questions.

Interview Questions

• Nothing really, it wasn't too hard   1 Answer

Negotiation

I didn't have to negotiate

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Standard question oriented interview with the area manager and assistant store manager. Discussed previous sales experience and responsibilities. Waiting on reply as background check is extensive and can take up to 3 weeks.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview

Applied online and was asked to take online assessment then I was called in for in-person interview with store manager. Immediately following was asked to submit for background check. Next I was called and asked to interview via phn with the regional sales manager. The next day I was called and offered the job. Less than 5% pass online assessment.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your phone. What qualities do you have that make you right for the job.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Everything is negotiable, EVERYTHING! especially in sales. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Las Vegas, NV).

Interview

I applied online, completed the assessment it takes about one hour. After that i called around to find out where the interviews were and basically just showed up. I was the only applicant who completed the assessment and turn in a resume! Makes a good impression in the panel interview. After that I had a 2nd panel but the other applicants were narrowed down, on the third interview I met a store manager and was offered a job.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to break policy to get the job done   Answer Question

Negotiation

Base Salary was good so I accepted, after commission I was making about $22 per hour or 44K a year

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

Interview

I applied online couple days later I received a call, Went into the interview I had a one on one interview with the store manager. The questions mainly consisted of scenarios most of which were "What if situations" or your role playing them. They were pretty straight forward had a pretty good interview. Then a couple of days later I got a call from the store manager to set up a the same day phone interview with the district manager pretty much still asking the same question near the end of the phone interview he asked me to sell a pen to him.

Interview Questions

• overall just be ready to be asked question like "what are some skills that you have that can be brought to the table?"   1 Answer