T-Mobile Retail Sales Representative Interview Questions

Updated Sep 7, 2014

2.6

54 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Very structured interview, the manager sat me down and pulled out his list of questions and wrote down everything that I said. Not a whole lot of surprising questions.

Interview Questions
I didn't have to negotiate

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Standard question oriented interview with the area manager and assistant store manager. Discussed previous sales experience and responsibilities. Waiting on reply as background check is extensive and can take up to 3 weeks.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Applied online and was asked to take online assessment then I was called in for in-person interview with store manager. Immediately following was asked to submit for background check. Next I was called and asked to interview via phn with the regional sales manager. The next day I was called and offered the job. Less than 5% pass online assessment.

Interview Questions
    • Sell me your phone.
      What qualities do you have that make you right for the job.
        View Answer
    Everything is negotiable, EVERYTHING! especially in sales. "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take"

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I applied online, completed the assessment it takes about one hour. After that i called around to find out where the interviews were and basically just showed up. I was the only applicant who completed the assessment and turn in a resume! Makes a good impression in the panel interview. After that I had a 2nd panel but the other applicants were narrowed down, on the third interview I met a store manager and was offered a job.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time you had to break policy to get the job done   Answer Question
    Base Salary was good so I accepted, after commission I was making about $22 per hour or 44K a year

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

I applied online couple days later I received a call, Went into the interview I had a one on one interview with the store manager. The questions mainly consisted of scenarios most of which were "What if situations" or your role playing them. They were pretty straight forward had a pretty good interview. Then a couple of days later I got a call from the store manager to set up a the same day phone interview with the district manager pretty much still asking the same question near the end of the phone interview he asked me to sell a pen to him.

Interview Questions
    • overall just be ready to be asked question like "what are some skills that you have that can be brought to the table?"   View Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Apply online, do questionaire, get interview.

no negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New Orleans, LA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in November 2013.

Called me and wanted an interview same day.

Interview Questions
    • Asked me how would I get business and corporate accounts started up.
      Asked me about previous sales experience in the industry.
      Interview lasted literally less than 15 minuets.
        Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Must take an online assessment and have to get alas sing score to be cAlled for interview. Be likable and coachable. Techy or customer service experience is a plus

Interview Questions
    • They relate all questions to how can you react to different scenarios   Answer Question
    Negotiation is tight they mostly offer the max that they can offer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Was contacted rather quickly about their interest in me. Was given an interview the very next day. Interview was about an hour and was with the assistant manager and store manager. After the interview, I was instructed to fill out a background check, and after three weeks, the background check cleared and was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Very straightforward questions. Be prepared to sell the interviewer something, since it is a sales job. If you have experience in sales, it will go fairly easily.   Answer Question
    No negotiating. If you want to make more money, sell more. You can write your own paycheck anyways.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Akron, OH

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2013.

An open interview- which I thought was odd considering it was in a mall, but still professional nonetheless. It wasn't a free-for-all type of open interview job fair, very organized and seemed they seemed to be expecting everyone as they came in, which I thought was very impressive. I was asked a few questions about myself, a few 'Tell me about a time' questions with a few of the supervisors and then with the store manger herself. She further described the position and what would be expected. I'm going through the background check now, just about 4 days after the initial interview so things are going pretty swiftly.

Interview Questions
    • There honestly weren't any really hard questions. Just 'Tell me about a time' "What would you do" and role play questions.   Answer Question