T-Mobile Retail Store Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

18 interviews

18 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

The hiring and interview process could not have been easier. I was hired after a phone interview only. I was led to believe that I would be promoted quickly, however...and that was not the case.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Employee  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

Use behavioral interview techniques. Always used words like not "I" not "we" when answering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I interviewed online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2010.

Show your competitive side in the interview. Know about our culture of holding people accountable and how you have done that in the past but also how you have developed people. Why you should be excited to work here is we are up and coming, great benefits and a place to grow with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary from what I remember but you need to speak to results.   View Answer
    I could negotiate the price an additional $3k. For a store manager in Minnesota you can start at 56+ per year. Keep in mind you will likely have an additional $10k in bonus on top of that and insane benefits that are worth another 10-15k.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Basic STAR format: Situation/Task, Action, Result. Behavior based job interview.

They have base pay ranges, however they are pretty flexible.

Anonymous Employee  in  Los Angeles, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2009.

T-Mobile hires leaders with good work ethics and values. A store manager must interview with the District Manager, Divisional Director and sometimes the VPGM.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult coaching conversation with an employee that you've had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Hiring process took about 2 weeks ask basic questions

N/A

Retail Store Manager Interview

Online application was filled out, in person interview with 2 hiring managers. A complete accurate background profile was done by Hireright. It is important to be very accurate.

Interview Questions
    • T-Mobile uses the word opportunity as an area of improvement not an area of success.   Answer Question
    Total Compensation Package

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fort Collins, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Collins, CO

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2008.

Every interview is conducted using the STAR format, which is a behavioral based question format. ST = the situation/task, A = the action you took, and R = the result or outcome. They want you to be very specific and do not generalize - pick a specific scenario from your past and cover all 3 of the above topics. The inability to follow the guidelines is an easy way to weed out candidates.

This is how I was interviewed and it was very easy once I understood what they were looking for. The saying is, "past behavior predicts future performance". They want to know what you did in the past because you will probably do the same thing in the future, so be careful about the scenarios you choose to include.

Interview Questions
    • "Often times we are faced with customers with unreasonable demands. What is the most difficult customer interaction you have ever dealt with? How did you handle the situation and what was the result?"   View Answer
    I tried to negotiate a higher base salary, but was turned down for it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2012.

Had to present a 30-60-90 and business model to panel interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to influence the business on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • What do your boss to well and bad? How have you affected his leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Employee in Huntsville, AL

I interviewed through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

Interviewed as internal candidate. Initial interview is with District Manager and a couple of Retail Store Managers. Next interview is with District Director and VP of Sales for the Gulf Coast.

Interview Questions

Less pay than current position.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!