T-Mobile Retail Store Manager Interview Questions

Updated Sep 24, 2014
Updated Sep 24, 2014

19 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Store Manager Interview

Interview process was long, but had a great experience. Interviewed with two different people and was asked about sales and leadership experience. I followed up after 2 weeks of not hearing anything after they said I would so that was annoying.

Interview Questions
  • How would you a complaint from a customer about an emoloyee? And how would you address the employee?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Retail Store Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Hiring process took about 2 weeks ask basic questions

N/A

Retail Store Manager Interview

Online application was filled out, in person interview with 2 hiring managers. A complete accurate background profile was done by Hireright. It is important to be very accurate.

Interview Questions
    • T-Mobile uses the word opportunity as an area of improvement not an area of success.   Answer Question
    Total Compensation Package

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2012.

Had to present a 30-60-90 and business model to panel interview

Interview Questions
    • What do you do to influence the business on a daily basis?   Answer Question
    • What do your boss to well and bad? How have you affected his leadership?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Huntsville, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Huntsville, AL

I applied through other source. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

Interviewed as internal candidate. Initial interview is with District Manager and a couple of Retail Store Managers. Next interview is with District Director and VP of Sales for the Gulf Coast.

Interview Questions

Less pay than current position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Basic STAR format: Situation/Task, Action, Result. Behavior based job interview.

They have base pay ranges, however they are pretty flexible.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Concord, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Concord, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2010.

Initial phone interview went well. Meeting with recruiter started off well, but slowly went off the cliff. Numerous questions were asked about handling employee situations in a retail environment (which I had not been a part of since college--20 yrs. ago) Think they were looking for someone closer to the age of what is perceived to be their target smart phone client. Mentioned that I use Mac & PC, as well as Blackberry, and was also T-Mobile client. Got the don't call us we'll call you handshake and I knew nothing would become of it. Whenever, I visit a T-Mobile store to check on new phones or accessories, I look at how the stores are run and see why they are being purchased by AT&T.

Interview Questions
    • You have a problem employee that you must fire as soon as possible and you have to change the store out for a brand new promotion the next day. Would you fire the employee first or wait until the store closed and put up the new promotional material?   View Answers (3)

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

Use behavioral interview techniques. Always used words like not "I" not "we" when answering.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

The hiring and interview process could not have been easier. I was hired after a phone interview only. I was led to believe that I would be promoted quickly, however...and that was not the case.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2010.

Show your competitive side in the interview. Know about our culture of holding people accountable and how you have done that in the past but also how you have developed people. Why you should be excited to work here is we are up and coming, great benefits and a place to grow with the company.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too out of the ordinary from what I remember but you need to speak to results.   View Answer
    I could negotiate the price an additional $3k. For a store manager in Minnesota you can start at 56+ per year. Keep in mind you will likely have an additional $10k in bonus on top of that and insane benefits that are worth another 10-15k.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!