T-Mobile

Average Difficulty
17 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Atlanta, GA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

Interview Details – Use behavioral interview techniques. Always used words like not "I" not "we" when answering.

Interview Question – What animal would you be?   Answer Question

Minneapolis, MN

I applied online and the process took 2 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2010.

Interview Details – Show your competitive side in the interview. Know about our culture of holding people accountable and how you have done that in the past but also how you have developed people. Why you should be excited to work here is we are up and coming, great benefits and a place to grow with the company.

Interview Question – Nothing too out of the ordinary from what I remember but you need to speak to results.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I could negotiate the price an additional $3k. For a store manager in Minnesota you can start at 56+ per year. Keep in mind you will likely have an additional $10k in bonus on top of that and insane benefits that are worth another 10-15k.

Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Interview Details – Basic STAR format: Situation/Task, Action, Result. Behavior based job interview.

Negotiation Details – They have base pay ranges, however they are pretty flexible.

Los Angeles, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2009.

Interview Details – T-Mobile hires leaders with good work ethics and values. A store manager must interview with the District Manager, Divisional Director and sometimes the VPGM.

Interview Question – What is the most difficult coaching conversation with an employee that you've had and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Retail Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – Hiring process took about 2 weeks ask basic questions

Negotiation Details – N/A

Interviewed at T-Mobile

Interview Details – Online application was filled out, in person interview with 2 hiring managers. A complete accurate background profile was done by Hireright. It is important to be very accurate.

Interview Question – T-Mobile uses the word opportunity as an area of improvement not an area of success.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Total Compensation Package

Fort Collins, CO

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2008.

Interview Details – Every interview is conducted using the STAR format, which is a behavioral based question format. ST = the situation/task, A = the action you took, and R = the result or outcome. They want you to be very specific and do not generalize - pick a specific scenario from your past and cover all 3 of the above topics. The inability to follow the guidelines is an easy way to weed out candidates.

This is how I was interviewed and it was very easy once I understood what they were looking for. The saying is, "past behavior predicts future performance". They want to know what you did in the past because you will probably do the same thing in the future, so be careful about the scenarios you choose to include.

Interview Question – "Often times we are faced with customers with unreasonable demands. What is the most difficult customer interaction you have ever dealt with? How did you handle the situation and what was the result?"   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate a higher base salary, but was turned down for it.

Austin, TX

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2012.

Interview Details – Had to present a 30-60-90 and business model to panel interview

Interview Questions

• What do you do to influence the business on a daily basis?   Answer Question
  • What do your boss to well and bad? How have you affected his leadership?   Answer Question

Huntsville, AL

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

Interview Details – Interviewed as internal candidate. Initial interview is with District Manager and a couple of Retail Store Managers. Next interview is with District Director and VP of Sales for the Gulf Coast.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Less pay than current position.

Concord, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2010.

Interview Details – Initial phone interview went well. Meeting with recruiter started off well, but slowly went off the cliff. Numerous questions were asked about handling employee situations in a retail environment (which I had not been a part of since college--20 yrs. ago) Think they were looking for someone closer to the age of what is perceived to be their target smart phone client. Mentioned that I use Mac & PC, as well as Blackberry, and was also T-Mobile client. Got the don't call us we'll call you handshake and I knew nothing would become of it. Whenever, I visit a T-Mobile store to check on new phones or accessories, I look at how the stores are run and see why they are being purchased by AT&T.

Interview Question – You have a problem employee that you must fire as soon as possible and you have to change the store out for a brand new promotion the next day. Would you fire the employee first or wait until the store closed and put up the new promotional material?   View Answers (3)

Interviews for Top Jobs at T-Mobile

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!

T-Mobile Videos

T-Mobile – Why Work for Us?

Bring customer experiences to life. Each T-Mobile retail store is staffed with team members driven by professionalism and a genuine interest in helping our customers. It’s a dynamic, service-driven atmosphere where no… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T-Mobile Retail Store Manager interview questions and advice. All 17 interview reviews posted anonymously by T-Mobile employees and interview candidates.