T-Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

2.7

16 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I interviewed online - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2012.

You get about 2-3 interviews followed by a very thorough background check of previous employers and education. Do not lie about your experience.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

Overall easy questions.

-Tell me about yourself
    -Explain one of these systems you used in your previous jobs

Interview Questions
    • What do you do when an irate customer starts to get loud?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rialto, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rialto, CA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2012.

Got a fast interview because of employee referral. One on one interview with store manager. It was a series of typical questions. Was hired within a month after interview.

Sales Associate Interview

Online exam. Two Interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you do not have an answer to a question?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

The third party they use, Hireright, is terribly slow and inefficient. It takes an average of 2 interviews, 2 over the phone and 1 with the manager of the location you are applying for. Interview was basic and simple. If you are not lying in your resume and have the actual experience to back it up you are golden. General sales questions about presenting products and overcoming customers hesitations.

Interview Questions
    • Since i had always worked alone before, the only difficult question was :

Can you mention one situation in which you worked as part of a team to overcome a problem?
        View Answer
    There was none, take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee  in  North Miami, FL
    Anonymous Employee in North Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

applied online by completing the assessment tests and after a few days i got a call from the assistant manager at that store to set up an interview for the next day. They were pretty laid back and basically asked a whole bunch of behavioral questions and what would you do in this situation and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2009.

First Interview, basic questions to know you, always talk about the ARM statement in your own words, how to deal with angry customers, where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, what was the most exciting thing in your life, what are the 3 words that describes you

Interview Questions
    • Sometimes they pick up something around them and will ask you to sell it to them. take a few minutes, and start by saying this a necessity, and then from there say three features of the product or what they can use it for, and three benefits of having that product, and in the end sat that you also need something to go with it, like if they ask you sell a pencil, always try to sell it with an eraser, because at the end of the day when you buy a phone you always look for a case or something to protect it with.   Answer Question
    Since it was a part time job, they give you an hourly rate depending on your experiance

Anonymous Employee  in  Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2013.

easy. they asked a couple of questions about my skills set and my background.

Interview Questions
    • why did i want the job at tmobile and what my past phone experience were.   Answer Question

not sure why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile.

A friend of mine recommended me to the position. I got a call for an interview and was offered the position on the spot and told about how salary worked. Was fairly straight forward.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

I applied online and was contacted 2 weeks later to set up a first interview. Immediately after the first interview I was set up to return for a second interview with another store manager (just to make sure I'd be a fit for the company) and after the second interview I was suppose to be scheduled for a third interview. After three days I called to see why I haven't been given the third interview date and was notified that someone with more sales experience with me had gotten the job with a "I did like you so if I get another opening I'll be sure to give you a call." So about two weeks afterwards I received a call from him (now store manager) saying that one of his associates had quit and he was still interested in me. I got the third interview and was hired after the background check cleared.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty simple, generic, questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was told expected pay at first interview.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!