T-Mobile

Average Difficulty
16 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2012.

Interview Details – You get about 2-3 interviews followed by a very thorough background check of previous employers and education. Do not lie about your experience.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work at Tmobile?   View Answer

San Jose, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

Interview Details – Overall easy questions.

-Tell me about yourself
-Explain one of these systems you used in your previous jobs

Interview Question – What do you do when an irate customer starts to get loud?   Answer Question

Rialto, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2012.

Interview Details – Got a fast interview because of employee referral. One on one interview with store manager. It was a series of typical questions. Was hired within a month after interview.

Interview Question – What is your weakness?   Answer Question

Interviewed at T-Mobile

Interview Details – Online exam. Two Interviews.

Interview Question – What would you do if you do not have an answer to a question?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Very Easy Interview

Arlington, VA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

Interview Details – The third party they use, Hireright, is terribly slow and inefficient. It takes an average of 2 interviews, 2 over the phone and 1 with the manager of the location you are applying for. Interview was basic and simple. If you are not lying in your resume and have the actual experience to back it up you are golden. General sales questions about presenting products and overcoming customers hesitations.

Interview Question – Since i had always worked alone before, the only difficult question was :

Can you mention one situation in which you worked as part of a team to overcome a problem?
  View Answer

Negotiation Details – There was none, take it or leave it.

North Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

Interview Details – applied online by completing the assessment tests and after a few days i got a call from the assistant manager at that store to set up an interview for the next day. They were pretty laid back and basically asked a whole bunch of behavioral questions and what would you do in this situation and such.

Houston, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2009.

Interview Details – First Interview, basic questions to know you, always talk about the ARM statement in your own words, how to deal with angry customers, where do you see yourself in the next 5 years, what was the most exciting thing in your life, what are the 3 words that describes you

Interview Question – Sometimes they pick up something around them and will ask you to sell it to them. take a few minutes, and start by saying this a necessity, and then from there say three features of the product or what they can use it for, and three benefits of having that product, and in the end sat that you also need something to go with it, like if they ask you sell a pencil, always try to sell it with an eraser, because at the end of the day when you buy a phone you always look for a case or something to protect it with.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Since it was a part time job, they give you an hourly rate depending on your experiance

Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2013.

Interview Details – easy. they asked a couple of questions about my skills set and my background.

Interview Question – why did i want the job at tmobile and what my past phone experience were.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – not sure why.

Plano, TX

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – A friend of mine recommended me to the position. I got a call for an interview and was offered the position on the spot and told about how salary worked. Was fairly straight forward.

Interview Question – standard process   Answer Question

Sacramento, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted 2 weeks later to set up a first interview. Immediately after the first interview I was set up to return for a second interview with another store manager (just to make sure I'd be a fit for the company) and after the second interview I was suppose to be scheduled for a third interview. After three days I called to see why I haven't been given the third interview date and was notified that someone with more sales experience with me had gotten the job with a "I did like you so if I get another opening I'll be sure to give you a call." So about two weeks afterwards I received a call from him (now store manager) saying that one of his associates had quit and he was still interested in me. I got the third interview and was hired after the background check cleared.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty simple, generic, questions.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. Was told expected pay at first interview.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!