T-Mobile Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 20, 2014

2.7

17 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2014.

I applied online through the website and didn't even begin the questionnaire. I got a phone call 2 days later. When I got there the two managers started asking me questions and as soon as they realized I didn't have ANY retail experience they sent me home. Kinda lame that they brought my spirits up but hasn't even checked my application for experience.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Sales Associate Interview

Online exam. Two Interviews.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you do not have an answer to a question?   View Answer
    No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

applied online by completing the assessment tests and after a few days i got a call from the assistant manager at that store to set up an interview for the next day. They were pretty laid back and basically asked a whole bunch of behavioral questions and what would you do in this situation and such.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile.

A friend of mine recommended me to the position. I got a call for an interview and was offered the position on the spot and told about how salary worked. Was fairly straight forward.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I went through two interviews (one with the store manager, and the other with the district manager). The whole process took about one month (because of the background check). The background check was a bit over the top for a Retail Sales occupation.

Interview Questions
    • They asked for very specific customer situations from previous jobs.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation phase.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in June 2013.

I applied online and was contacted 2 weeks later to set up a first interview. Immediately after the first interview I was set up to return for a second interview with another store manager (just to make sure I'd be a fit for the company) and after the second interview I was suppose to be scheduled for a third interview. After three days I called to see why I haven't been given the third interview date and was notified that someone with more sales experience with me had gotten the job with a "I did like you so if I get another opening I'll be sure to give you a call." So about two weeks afterwards I received a call from him (now store manager) saying that one of his associates had quit and he was still interested in me. I got the third interview and was hired after the background check cleared.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty simple, generic, questions.   View Answer
    No negotiation. Was told expected pay at first interview.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile.

Really disliked the environment. other associates were fake (tone and voice), gossiped when no one was in the store. manager wasnt giving off a welcoming feeling.

they only record specific answers because they want you to answer it in a specific way.

I didnt get the job, I got a call saying I was rejected. but even if i did, i wouldnt even want to work there from the environment feeling. I am thankful that they even called me to reject me because that is the proper interviewing etiquette a lot of companies dont have.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I was referred by an employee. I recieved a phone call asking if i would be interested in an interview. Before the interview i was sent to take an online test that evaluated responses to in store scenarios and personality questions. After that i had an in store interview and then a 2nd interview with the general manager. Overall it was a pleasant experience that resulted in me being offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How important is work/life balance to you?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2013.

easy. they asked a couple of questions about my skills set and my background.

Interview Questions
    • why did i want the job at tmobile and what my past phone experience were.   Answer Question

not sure why.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

The third party they use, Hireright, is terribly slow and inefficient. It takes an average of 2 interviews, 2 over the phone and 1 with the manager of the location you are applying for. Interview was basic and simple. If you are not lying in your resume and have the actual experience to back it up you are golden. General sales questions about presenting products and overcoming customers hesitations.

Interview Questions
    • Since i had always worked alone before, the only difficult question was :

Can you mention one situation in which you worked as part of a team to overcome a problem?
        View Answer
    There was none, take it or leave it.