T-Mobile

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Rochester, NY

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2012.

Interview Details – When into the store asked if they were hiring. I was then told to apply online

Interview Question – What was a time where you experienced teamwork   Answer Question

Portsmouth, NH

The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2012.

Interview Details – phone interview

Interview Question – what work experience can you relate to this position   Answer Question

Rochester, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2008.

Interview Details – I walked in to the location and asked the store manager if they had any openings for Sales Representatives. After hearing that they did have an opening or two for people experienced in commission based cellular sales I handed him my resume and he told me to call later that day so we could chat. I called approximately 3-4 hours later to have a brief over the phone interview and to set up a 1 on 1 interview with the District Manager to see if I had qualified for a position with more pay at a Supervisor level. I interviewed and was presented with an offer I refused due to money.

Interview Question – Why should we hire you over the guy I spoke with before you who is asking for the same amount of money with 5 more years experience than you?   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Minneapolis, MN

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2009.

Interview Details – I started as a walk-in. I spoke with one of the Assistant Managers and built a lot of rapport with him, by discussing with him the various wireless routers, best ways to use them, etc. I then asked if they were hiring, and he recommended me to the Store Manager. I then needed to fill out a pre-interview application and skills test. I got called a week later and got an interview three days later.

The interview consisted of the Store Manager and an Assistant Manager. Started off with basic questions:
"Tell me about yourself"
"What responsibilities did you have at your last job?"
"Tell me about a sales experience you've have the was difficult and you are proud of the outcome"
"Tell me about a time you worked in a group and there was a conflict"

After this interview, I was directly moved to the background check stage, which took the longest by far. Their third party verifier couldn't verify my employment at another company and that added an extra couple days. Overall, this process took over a week.

After thje check was completed, I got a call a day later and I was offered the position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a sales experience where you needed to approach it from two or more angles   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time where you worked in a group and had a conflict with another member   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2009.

Interview Details – panel interview with local and regional recruiter. An very elaborate back ground check, in which documentation of proof of employment and school may be required (in my case it was). background check took about 2 weeks for myself with an online company called hireright located at hireright(dot)com. hireright was easy to deal with but the t-mobile recuiters were more anal about the background check and every little detail. just make sure you resume is as accurate as possible.

Interview Question – what was your most rewarding sales experience?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

The process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in July 2011.

Interview Details – The whole interview process only took about 20-30 min. We went to the back of the store and discussed my experience as a sales rep in my previous jobs. Initiative was key because I had no experience in commissioned sales. Over the interview process was positive.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate...even if I was fluent in another language.

Sales Representative

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2009.

Interview Details – Took about 3 weeks after I applied to get a call back. We talked on the phone and then set up an interview. It was a typical retail interview consisting of situational questions, and job skills. I was told I would be making a lot more then what I actually made.

Interview Question – How did you resolve a conflict with a former co worker?   Answer Question

Sales Representative

The process took 2 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2009.

Interview Details – The hiring process was great! It consisted of a questionnaire then a phone interview followed by a 1:1 and then a background check. In all the process took less than a week to complete. The environment was professional yet relaxed. Some advice would be to know some facts about the company and to ask questions. Stay calm and be yourself.

Interview Question – How can you help promote business   Answer Question

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!