T-Mobile Store Manager Interview Questions

2.7

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Minneapolis, MN) in September 2011.

Interview

A Joke, could be a good oppertunity if you are not already employeed. I recieved applied, and got a call back within a month. In the phone call they said that there was a group interview, to me this puts up red flags either means MGR's and DM or group with other canadites which is always not worth your time. I asked if this was an interview for a Store Manager Position, they said yes so i hoped it was an interview with MGR and DM. I was wrong... it turned out to be an interview with other canadites for a store level sales assosciate. When i asked they said everyone in T-mobile start there.... which is not a bad thing and I understand you must interview outside of your company for legal reasons. BUT DONT LIE AND WASTE PEOPLES TIME... it seems like a good company to start out at or if you a out of a job, but dont expect anything more then what it is for no matter what they call you for. An entry level sales job with a chance for advancement.

Interview Questions

They did not interview for the job that they said it was.

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Employee in Greensboro, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Greensboro, NC) in April 2011.

Interview

Phone interview went great. I was asked to go meet with the area manager. However, I was given the wrong address for the store where the 1 on 1 interview supposed to take place. I called HR and he had one of the interviewer step outside the store to get the correct address from the street!!. When I arrived I had a panel of 4 employees interviewing me not a an area manger as I was told. They were all from one minority race. It makes me question if the credentials for the job is being compromised in favor racial affiliation by this panel.

Interview Questions

• Tell about an experience with unhappy customer and how you managed it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T-Mobile (Chicago, IL) in September 2010.

Interview

I applied online, and received a call within 2 weeks of the submission. An interview was scheduled for 2 weeks later. During the interview, I met with 2 Market Mangers and was asked about my problem solving skills with both customer and employees. Questions were also asked about specific instances regarding employee coaching as well customer service resolution techniques.

Interview Questions

• What is the most important aspect of your position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Minneapolis, MN

Application

The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Minneapolis, MN) in April 2010.

Interview

Had a phone interview and then was invited to have a 1:1 interview with a district manager and a store manager at the corporate location.

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

The process took 7 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Honolulu, HI) in April 2010.

Interview

First of all, they recruited me via a resume search on a popular job board. They called & set up a phone interview, cancelled the date, then rescheduled. It went well & I got an email asking for a follow up, so I called & left a voicemail. Ten days later I got a return call stating that they were interested, but needed to wait until someone would be in town; they'd get back to me. I waited a couple of weeks more & got a call for a one on one.

The one on one went well & the hiring manager said they were interested & would be in touch with me in a few days to follow another interview. A week went by & no call, so I called & they said "Yes, we will be scheduling a further interview." That was two months ago; no email, letter or call. Maybe this is why they are struggling so hard to keep customers! They can't keep basic & simple promises or treat people with basic dignity.

Store Manager Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2009.

Interview

3 Rounds of interviews, gradually progressing in supervisor level. The interview questions are behavior based questions. They are looking for specifics about real situations. Think about as many possible scenarios that were positive and negative. Answers should be structured in the form of STAR
    S-ituation
    T-ask
    A-ction
    R-esult
    They love answers that explain what you learned from the situation and how you would approach the similar situations in the future.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed to meet a deadline, what did you do?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Yes. Base salary and base monthly commission.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in September 2009.

Interview

Online process with evaluations and back ground check. Must continue looking for additionbal e-mails.
    Phone screening and then two face to face interviews followed by a phone interview with a regional manager.

Interview Questions

• Almost all situational questions wanting very specific responses. "Tell me about a time..."
      Some about your selling skills, some in dealing with tough customer situations and others regarding how you handle your employees and peers. A few questions around your understanding of building a business up and increasing sales as well as how to get your teams in cohesion.

Answer Question

Negotiation

Starting pay and commision - not much room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in August 2009.

Interview

STAR process, they use boring interview guides

Interview Questions

• If you were a cartoon character who would you be and why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Gilbert, AZ

Application

The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Gilbert, AZ) in April 2009.

Interview

Contacted by HR rep to do a phone interview. Really basic and quick, easy to get through. Set up for an in store interveiw where it became clear the HR rep was bringing in as many people as possible(no surprise really but the stack of resumes on the desk looked like a phone book). Interviewed by a store manager and district manager, DM really just sat there and played on the computer, letting the store manager take the lead.

Interview Questions

• We plan on interviewing upwards of 30 people for this position, why would you be the best canidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in September 2008.

Interview

If they run background on you, you have the job...

Interview Questions

Negotiation

You really cant.