T-Mobile

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.8

11 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Technical Support Specialist Interview

did an online application, followed by phone then an in person interview. Asked questions about technology and previous CSR skills. from then on out there was forms to finish online and test calls to hear from previous employees

hourly pay try to ask for more

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2014.

I applied online about two weeks ago. I filled in basic information, submitted my resume, and a specific cover letter. Then, I completed a quick evaluation with pretty easy questions. The next day, I completed a skills assessment that took a little over an hour. It included four phone call simulations, since this position will be working in a call center. It was a little stressful. Then, I had to do another simulation where on one side of the screen, I was solving math/logic problems, and on the other side, I was getting an email every 10 seconds and only had 30 seconds to respond. This is so that you can experience a little bit of what employees go through during the work day, and so you are prepared for what you are getting to. Four days after I completed the assessments, an email was sent to me where I chose my own date and time to do a phone interview. My phone interview took about 25 minutes to do. I was asked pretty simple questions, and some that I wasn't expecting, such as how I use technology, what resources I use to find out about new technology, how I would troubleshoot for a broken phone or a computer with a virus, etc. They were pretty specific questions. Exactly a week after the phone interview, I had an in-person interview at the site I would be working at. It took an hour and a half. The first thirty minutes was going through my resume and answering questions about my experience and qualifications. The second thirty minutes, I actually got to sit in on live phone calls. I got to listen to two different phone calls and see how they were resolved. It was very exciting and interesting, especially if you're into technology or if you enjoy customer service. The last thirty minutes, my interviewer and I did some phone call role-playing, where I was given a little information about cable issues, and I had to help a "customer" solve a problem with their cable box. It was pretty easy, and I felt very comfortable since I had been able to watch an employee handle customers right before. I then answered some more questions about different experiences, and had the opportunity to ask some questions about the job. One week later, they sent me an email with a link to do a background check. Then, a week after that, I was sent an email with an offer that I had to either accept or decline. The next day (yesterday), I was sent another show, welcoming me to the team. I had to fill out some tax paperwork online, and sign some agreements. It was pretty easy. The next step for me is to get my parking pass, and then I'll start training at the end of this month. Training lasts for exactly eight works, working Monday-Friday during the day. I'm so excited for this job!

Interview Questions
    • What steps would you take if your computer had a virus?   View Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work, and how did you solve it?   View Answer
    • What obstacles have gotten in your way when trying to reach certain goals in your career?   View Answer
    They send you an email with an offer, and you either accept or don't. I was told they start new hires out at $14.50 to $17.50 hourly. I got $15.85 with very little experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

If they are interested in you they will give you a phone interview first where you will answer questions about your resume and a couple behavioral questions. If you do answering the behavioral questions good they will schedule an actual interview. The phone interview took about 10-15 mins.

The actual interview begins with you listening to calls (side-jacking with an employee). Then you are taken into a room to explain your work history on your resume and what you did at each job. After you review your resume you start the questionnaire, which is 5 behavioral questions.

The 5 questions they asked me:
    1.Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?
    2.Name a time you had an irate customer, what was their issue and how did you resolve it?
    3.Name a time you had to receive feedback or training from a superior. What was the feedback and how did you handle it? How did you apply it to your job?
    4.What kind of metrics were used by your previous employer. What did you do to make sure you were meeting or exceeding them every month?
    5.What’s your biggest obstacle in regards to your success?

After the questions you have to role-play a live call to see how comfortable you are on the phone and how you handle the call. You are given a piece of paper that has your company name, troubleshooting steps, and a short script on how to answer the phone to prepare you for your role play call. The interviewers leave the room and let you study the papers for 15 minutes and then they call the phone and act like a customer.

Advise: Be bubbly! Have a good attitude and make it seem like your happy to be there. Be specific with your answers to the behavioral questions, even if you have to lie.

Also, the online assesment when you are applying for the position is quite hard. You have to read and answer questions about fake instant messages that are coming in back to back, while solving word problems (math)... Honestly, you'll get a better score if you take the assesment with someone so that one of you can watch the instant messages while the other works on the math equations.

GOOD LUCK!!

Interview Questions
    • 1.Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?
      5.What’s your biggest obstacle in regards to your success?

View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile.

I was referred by an current employee and I received a call about a week later. I came in for an interview and some computer tests. I interviewed with three different managers and was then offered the position the very same day.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question was answering different customer service scenarios since I did not have prior customer service experience.   View Answer
    There was no negotiation. I was offered the most for the position at the time.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

hiring went well.. after passing an intensive online application and a thorough interview, you pass a background check and get started immediately.

Interview Questions
    • they asked me a question on a time i had to deal with conflict.. personally, i am an easy going person so that's why it was difficult for me to answer.   Answer Question
    pay is negotiable, however, their first offer was a lot higher than I expected so i didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile.

Had a phone interview, a 1 to 1 interview with a technical specialist, then the same day with the HR personnel, and was offered a position within the hour.

Interview Questions
    • What would do if a customer is angry with the company?   View Answer
    Simple, I was notified that it was an 8-week training, with full benefits starting in one month after training is complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

First interview was over the phone, you will be asked why you want to work there. what do you know about the company, and they will test your empathy skills. They liked that I was very enthusiastic and tech savvy.

Second interview was at facility, individual interview. Spoke with two ladies and was asked questions about past experiences. If you can find something to build rapport on with these people you can easily get hired. They want people who can speak with strangers and build rapport quickly. Genuine rapport I'll add. From there I was offered the job and began class. No drug test.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me the worst experience you've had at work and how you handled it.   View Answer
    Received a call with an offer, I advice you to negotiate your salary unless you're a beginner. I started at 14.50 later found out I could've negotiated for 16 easy. No prior call center experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

Panel Interview. Standard interview questions mixed with situational questions from past jobs. E.G "Name a time when you showed exceptional customer service in your last job" , "Name a time when you had a confrontation with a co-worker? How did you handle it?",

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you showed strength at your last job.   View Answer
    You are able to negotiate, try to keep within their pay range which is 13-17 (i think)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mission, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2010.

Initial testing process, then first call interview, and then group interview usually held with 2 supervisors.

Interview Questions
    • Several problem solving scenarios that are from previous work experience.   Answer Question
    I would recommend providing all job history when applying because pay rate goes by previous employment history and experience.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

it we pretty rigorous.