T-Mobile Technical Support Specialist Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.8

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Colorado Springs, CO) in March 2015.

Interview

I received a email from a recruiter via Indeed a invitation to an open house event. I did assessment and app at home. The open house was very informative and gave us what T-Mobile was about in a nutshell and if it would be a great fit . After the video we the. Went on a tour for the people who wanted to and had the option of doing the assessment at the facility.After I did that they immediately set me up with a phone screen there in the facility in one of the HR offices,it went well about a 30 minute phone call then next day face to face it was great . You go through a process.. Everything is updated via the website if you want to know the progress. I received a background check day after interview and then maybe 3days later it told me I was complete and would receive and offer along with compensation package. I'm excited !! 8 weeks training don't know my pay yet but it's btw 14.50 and 17.50 so it worth the process!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about A time you had to deal with policy's change?   1 Answer
  • Tell me a time you had to deal with Metrics?   Answer Question

Negotiation

The pay is between 14.50 and 17.50 and they go off experience even customer service . I will find out in a few days ..

Other Interview Reviews for T-Mobile

Anonymous Employee in Mission, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Mission, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

I applied online. A few minutes after I received an email with an assessment and a questionnaire. Immediately after I finished it let me know I passed and was able to continue the hiring process. I scheduled a phone interview. When they called they explained what to expect when working for Tmobile. They also asked a few behavioral questions such as why I wanted to work for Tmobile. After that I scheduled a Day in the Life. They had me listened to a couple calls. We did a role play. They asked a few behavioral questions. They explained all the details. Then we went on a tour of the call center to end the interview. I recieved an email later that day to fill out a background check. 3 days later i received the call with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation when you didn't agree with a new policy and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. Pay is based on experience.

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Interview

did an online application, followed by phone then an in person interview. Asked questions about technology and previous CSR skills. from then on out there was forms to finish online and test calls to hear from previous employees

Negotiation

hourly pay try to ask for more

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

If they are interested in you they will give you a phone interview first where you will answer questions about your resume and a couple behavioral questions. If you do answering the behavioral questions good they will schedule an actual interview. The phone interview took about 10-15 mins. The actual interview begins with you listening to calls (side-jacking with an employee). Then you are taken into a room to explain your work history on your resume and what you did at each job. After you review your resume you start the questionnaire, which is 5 behavioral questions. The 5 questions they asked me: 1.Why do you want to work for T-Mobile? 2.Name a time you had an irate customer, what was their issue and how did you resolve it? 3.Name a time you had to receive feedback or training from a superior. What was the feedback and how did you handle it? How did you apply it to your job? 4.What kind of metrics were used by your previous employer. What did you do to make sure you were meeting or exceeding them every month? 5.What’s your biggest obstacle in regards to your success? After the questions you have to role-play a live call to see how comfortable you are on the phone and how you handle the call. You are given a piece of paper that has your company name, troubleshooting steps, and a short script on how to answer the phone to prepare you for your role play call. The interviewers leave the room and let you study the papers for 15 minutes and then they call the phone and act like a customer. Advise: Be bubbly! Have a good attitude and make it seem like your happy to be there. Be specific with your answers to the behavioral questions, even if you have to lie. Also, the online assesment when you are applying for the position is quite hard. You have to read and answer questions about fake instant messages that are coming in back to back, while solving word problems (math)... Honestly, you'll get a better score if you take the assesment with someone so that one of you can watch the instant messages while the other works on the math equations. GOOD LUCK!!

Interview Questions

• 1.Why do you want to work for T-Mobile? 2.Name a time you had an irate customer, what was their issue and how did you resolve it? 3.Name a time you had to receive feedback or training from a superior. What was the feedback and how did you handle it? How did you apply it to your job? 4.What kind of metrics were used by your previous employer. What did you do to make sure you were meeting or exceeding them every month? 5.What’s your biggest obstacle in regards to your success?   1 Answer

Application

Interview

I applied online about two weeks ago. I filled in basic information, submitted my resume, and a specific cover letter. Then, I completed a quick evaluation with pretty easy questions. The next day, I completed a skills assessment that took a little over an hour. It included four phone call simulations, since this position will be working in a call center. It was a little stressful. Then, I had to do another simulation where on one side of the screen, I was solving math/logic problems, and on the other side, I was getting an email every 10 seconds and only had 30 seconds to respond. This is so that you can experience a little bit of what employees go through during the work day, and so you are prepared for what you are getting to. Four days after I completed the assessments, an email was sent to me where I chose my own date and time to do a phone interview. My phone interview took about 25 minutes to do. I was asked pretty simple questions, and some that I wasn't expecting, such as how I use technology, what resources I use to find out about new technology, how I would troubleshoot for a broken phone or a computer with a virus, etc. They were pretty specific questions. Exactly a week after the phone interview, I had an in-person interview at the site I would be working at. It took an hour and a half. The first thirty minutes was going through my resume and answering questions about my experience and qualifications. The second thirty minutes, I actually got to sit in on live phone calls. I got to listen to two different phone calls and see how they were resolved. It was very exciting and interesting, especially if you're into technology or if you enjoy customer service. The last thirty minutes, my interviewer and I did some phone call role-playing, where I was given a little information about cable issues, and I had to help a "customer" solve a problem with their cable box. It was pretty easy, and I felt very comfortable since I had been able to watch an employee handle customers right before. I then answered some more questions about different experiences, and had the opportunity to ask some questions about the job. One week later, they sent me an email with a link to do a background check. Then, a week after that, I was sent an email with an offer that I had to either accept or decline. The next day (yesterday), I was sent another show, welcoming me to the team. I had to fill out some tax paperwork online, and sign some agreements. It was pretty easy. The next step for me is to get my parking pass, and then I'll start training at the end of this month. Training lasts for exactly eight works, working Monday-Friday during the day. I'm so excited for this job!

Interview Questions

• What steps would you take if your computer had a virus?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time you had a conflict at work, and how did you solve it?   1 Answer
    • What obstacles have gotten in your way when trying to reach certain goals in your career?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They send you an email with an offer, and you either accept or don't. I was told they start new hires out at $14.50 to $17.50 hourly. I got $15.85 with very little experience.

Anonymous Employee in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Allentown, PA).

Interview

I was referred by an current employee and I received a call about a week later. I came in for an interview and some computer tests. I interviewed with three different managers and was then offered the position the very same day.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question was answering different customer service scenarios since I did not have prior customer service experience.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was no negotiation. I was offered the most for the position at the time.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

Interview consists of going over previous work experience, general "how would you handle" scenarios, and finally a role play run through--the hiring interviewer would call on the phone and present a problem that needed to be fixed. They provide plenty of push back on the call and you have to use the resources given and your own creativity to find a resolution.

Interview Questions

• Discribe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you handled it?   1 Answer

Technical Support Specialist Interview

Interview

hiring went well.. after passing an intensive online application and a thorough interview, you pass a background check and get started immediately.

Interview Questions

• they asked me a question on a time i had to deal with conflict.. personally, i am an easy going person so that's why it was difficult for me to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

pay is negotiable, however, their first offer was a lot higher than I expected so i didn't negotiate.

Anonymous Employee in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Albuquerque, NM).

Interview

Had a phone interview, a 1 to 1 interview with a technical specialist, then the same day with the HR personnel, and was offered a position within the hour.

Interview Questions

• What would do if a customer is angry with the company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Simple, I was notified that it was an 8-week training, with full benefits starting in one month after training is complete.

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at T-Mobile (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2013.

Interview

Behavioral interview with behavioral based questions. Answers were to be answered with as many details as possible and there was often a follow up question based on your response. I recommend answering the question in the STAR format. before interviewing you are given a brief tour and also sat with someone to listen to calls.