T-Mobile Interview Questions in Tennessee

Updated Apr 14, 2015
Updated Apr 14, 2015

2.8

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

Submitted app online with employee reference. Was originally denied but showed up for a hiring event and spoke with a recruiter. Was asked to come back for the "day in the life" experience. Got a call about two weeks later for an interview. The interview was simple. Basic questions about why T-mobile and why I'm a good fit for the position. A few questions about my greatest strengths and weaknesses. How I've dealt with angry customers, messed up at a job, applied feedback from a supervisor, company policy I didn't agree with, etc. They really just want to know that you can admit when you've made a mistake, but also were able to correct it and move forward without it hindering your performance overall. Be thorough with your answers. They like details, but don't be wordy. Don't just ramble. It's also a reflection of your communication skills. Also included a brief role play: you're given a sheet of info that tells you everything you need to know about the situation. The interviewer leaves the room and calls a phone inside the room and plays the customer. For mine the customer wanted to cancel their service and had to offer a service that would be a better fit to keep them from canceling. Everything is on the sheet they give you so you don't really even have to think about it. You just need a friendly and professional tone. Sound confident and you're in.

Negotiation

No negotiating. They make an offer based on experience and education. Average starting pay is between $11-$13 hr.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in April 2014.

Interview

Went in for a "Day in the Life" Job Fair. Applied on-site and had a face-to-face interview. They called me about a week later to formally offer me the position and send an E-Mail for a background check. Background check took 10-11 days to come back and for them to set me up on a training schedule. All told, it was ~3 weeks from interview to hire.

Interview Questions

• "Tell me how you dealt with a new policy change you did not agree with."   Answer Question

Customer Service & Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in March 2014.

Interview

Applied online through the T-Mobile website. Got a call back about a week later and answered some pre-interview questions over the phone. Was invited to "A Day In the Life" where you see a presentation about the company, position, and benefits and then go sit with a rep to listen to actual calls. Was then sent an e-mail to choose my interview date.

It's a behavioral interview so the questions are like "Tell me about a time when..." and they are looking for specific examples from your past work history so it's best to practice at home first. They use the S.T.A.R. method: state the SITUATION/TASK, explain what ACTIONS you took to handle it, and tell the RESULTS.

After the questions, I was left alone and given 10 minutes to study a paper about a mock company (you are not required to memorize it though). Then, the interviewer called me from another room acting like an actual customer calling to cancel service and I was expected to convince her not to cancel and present her with different options more suitable.

She came back in the room and asked if I had any limitations on my schedule and said they were going to run a background check which took about 7 business days to complete. Then they called me with the job offer. I start in a week!!

Interview Questions

• 1) Name a time you had an irate customer. What techniques did you use to calm him down and what were the results?

2) Name a time you disagreed with a policy put in place by your supervisor/company and how did you handle it?

3) Name a time you received criticism from a supervisor/co-worker and how did you improve from it?

4) Why do you want to work for T-Mobile?

1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in August 2013.

Interview

The application process was long. Basic questions at first, then they had you do a mock of what you would actually be doing at the call center, to see if you could make it to the next step. After the interview, it told me I did well and I would be contacted if my resume matched their needs. I was contacted about a week later, for an interview.

Interview Questions

• They asked many customer service based questions. About 10, then basic questions. Too many, and too in depth to answer here. But really, if you have common sense, a brain, and customer service experience they will be easy to you.   Answer Question

RF Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in March 2013.

Interview

The recruiters were very diligent with keeping me informed throughout the process. The hiring management was also very courteous and professional. Unfortunately, the position is on hold due to the upcoming Metro PCS merger so I'm on standby.

Customer Service and Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in February 2013.

Interview

Went through whole hiring process; online application and assessment, "day in the life" orientation, and interview with supervisors in the customer service department. All of the questions were behavioral questions, none about skills, experience and other "normal" interview questions.

Interview Questions

• They wanted you to answer the questions in a specific way or they would not record your response.   1 Answer

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in December 2012.

Interview

Applied online and completed assessment. Then was emailed to schedule interview at call center location.When arrived someone brought me into call center and have me sit next to a rep working and listened to calls. Then was later brought in for interview. Standard questions..why do you want to work for Tmobile. Scenario questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

n/a

Customer Service Representative/Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN).

Interview

The type of interview you can expect is situational. That means, you will be asked questions that start with "Tell me about a time . . . " To successfully navigate these questions, you will need to have several "stories" about situations you encountered at past jobs. When answering the questions, think S.T.A.R Situation or Task (what happened), Actions (what you did) and Results (what was the outcome).

The things you will be asked about are times when a customer was angry and took it out on you (normally this is verbally), how you receive feedback, how you responded when you got feedback you disagreed with, and how you decide what you will present by way of sales, to a customer. (This is key because T-Mobile has moved to a sales to service culture).

Good luck!

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you did not meet metrics or goals. What did your supervisor do/say. What did you do in response and the final outcome.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I used my customer facing experience to start at the top hourly rate, $14.00 per hour instead of the lower rate $12.00

Csr1 Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Nashville, TN) in September 2012.

Interview

side by side listening to calls with reps they they ask u interview questions

Interview Questions

Negotiation

no negotitation pay is awesome

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Chattanooga, TN) in August 2012.

Interview

I put an application online, recieved an email a day later to come in to "a day in the life" which is basically a tour of T-Mobiles call center & you get to sit down with Customer Service Reps listening in on how they handle daily customer conflicts. At the end of the tour if you beleive T-Mobile is the place for you, you get to scheduale an interview. The interview last about 45 min to an hour which is a 2 on 1 interview. All the questions they ask they want specific events that have happened in previous jobs, you have to explain in specific details. At the end of the interview they say they will contact you regarding their decision, I got an email 30 min after getting home requesting me to fill a background check application using HireRight. After a week HireRight verified my background T-Mobile called me with the job offer.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you were criticized & how did you improve from it?   Answer Question
    • What techniques would you use to sell me goods or services?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You dont get to negotiate they have a system that calculates your years of customer service experience to determine your pay rate.