T-Mobile

2.8

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Customer Service Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2010.

phone interview. background check. Interview with department director, 2 supervisors, and trainers. Questions were from a form, a couple tests were given, and a Q&A portion for interviewee.

Interview Questions
    It's difficult to find the right fit for this job. Unless you are made for this position and a rock star, i think negotiating would seem pointless on their part. The replacement rate for this role is high. They are very picky, they have to be very picky, for this role. It is not a job just anyone could do. If you take the job, be very sure you can do it. Have prior experience as a stellar CSR at t-mobile, along with high analytical aptitude. Then you have a chance at negotiating. Otherwise, you're probably not even going to get the job due to requirements of mastery of systems and "tribal knowledge".

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in September 2008.

If they run background on you, you have the job...

You really cant.

Senior Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

I had a phone screen with Human Resources and the hiring manager. These interviews focused on my employment history, skill set and general human resources/personality questions, These interviews were positive and pretty thorough. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and her team of 4.

Interview Questions
    • discuss a past job experience that parallels the skills required for this position.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2010.

1. HR screening (30 mins)
    2. Phone call (60 mins) - analytical assessment with case questions
    3. 1 on 1 interview (30 mins)- general questions about my work experience
    4. 1 on 1 w/ manager (60 mins) - questions about work experience, analytical assessments, explanation of roles and responsibilities
    5. Take home case with 3 hour time limit (extra time given for data mining) - building an excel model around cost competitiveness w/ 5 slide ppt. presentation. Crazy difficult.

T-mobile doesn't have any "set" interview questions. They leave it up to the interviewers to prepare questions for the interview.

Recently (June '11) they have made a more concerted effort to include case studies in their interviews so they can have greater insight into how you think, and how you work with others. Get yourself a list of case questions and practice before the interview to get your mind in case mode.

Interview Questions
    • How would you segment our current customer base to generate greater insights into customer attrition?   View Answer
    • Walk me through a churn calculation.   View Answer
    Negotiate the best you can before they give you an offer. Once they give you an offer, it's set in stone (or that was the case with me). Try to argue that you will be doing the work of people in positions higher than you, so you should be compensated as such. It worked for me.

Analyst III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2008.

Interview process was pretty typical of large high-tech company - but a bit longer. Phone screen with HR followed by in-person interview with hiring manager and one mnager higher. Usually T-Mobile has group interviews with 3-4 people who are at same level as hiring manager. They have list of standard situational questions - ie. Describe a time when you had to do such and such. There is a defined process of levels of managers you have to interview with to get an offer depending on the level of the job.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember the specific questions. They were the typical situational such as - describe a time when you had trouble meeting a deadline.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate salary but did not get increase. My salary offer is fairly high for the job and for the dept.

Accessories Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2009.

I was reffered by a friend who works in the marketing department, I have a strong marketing background, but this was a merchandising position - something I had little experience with. Yes I would have needed some training, which T-Mobile does do, but I felt as if they were giving me this interview as a favor since a TMOB employee recommended me.

It started with a phone interview from HR, basically saying that I have no where near the experience I would need for this job - but I should tell him why I thought I was right for this position (he was the gate keeper) I did a very good job convincing him, so he set up a 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager later that afternoon. Same thing, basic interview questions, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" and again, I had to convince her that my lack of merch experience wasnt an issue.

She then schduled an in-person interview with her (one on one), then she scheduled be for a second in-person interview the next week - this took two and a half hours and I met with 9 managers!! It was brutal...I could tell they were all hesitant due to my lack of merch experience, my answers were all well formed and thought out, but I could tell that nothing I said would change what my resume had on it...pretty cruel to put me through 4 weeks of interviewing when they could have just looked at my resume.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2009.

Applied online, no response.
    Tracked down hiring manager and copied him on resume, scheduled for phone interview with HR
    Appeared strong but perhaps overqualified or misplaced
    HR Recruiter continued to try and find placement elsewhere in company
    Online job search agent tools are buggy

Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2008.

I had a panel interview with 9 managers and senior managers. They asked questions such as: Name your strengths. Name your opportunities. How would you deal with two direct reports if they were fighting? Tell me a time about when you didn't meet a deadline and what did you do. What was your proudest moment?

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile in February 2008.

Technical interview was good. Interviewer asked a lot of queations about mobile technologies. However, the process is too slow. Recruiters wont respond unless they have something to share.

personal/on site interview consists of many people talking to you. Most of them are from the departmetn that you are interviewing with.

Interview Questions
    There is scope of negotiation

Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2010.

The interview process was pretty standard - I was asked to come in an discuss my background after an initial phone screening. After that, I was hit with one of the most detailed technical skills assessments I've ever seen. I was grilled on everything from packet headers to security policies. It was a bit challenging, but I was confident in my responses.

Interview Questions
    • Given a sample packet capture - Identify the protocol, the traffic, and the likelihood of malicious intent.   Answer Question

The manager didn't really come across well - he was a poor communicator and his questions were odd at times - I also got the sense that they don't respect peoples needs for a work-life balance.