T-Mobile

Very Difficult Interview

Customer Service Fraud Analyst Interview

Customer Service Fraud Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview. background check. Interview with department director, 2 supervisors, and trainers. Questions were from a form, a couple tests were given, and a Q&A portion for interviewee.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – It's difficult to find the right fit for this job. Unless you are made for this position and a rock star, i think negotiating would seem pointless on their part. The replacement rate for this role is high. They are very picky, they have to be very picky, for this role. It is not a job just anyone could do. If you take the job, be very sure you can do it. Have prior experience as a stellar CSR at t-mobile, along with high analytical aptitude. Then you have a chance at negotiating. Otherwise, you're probably not even going to get the job due to requirements of mastery of systems and "tribal knowledge".

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2008.

Interview Details – If they run background on you, you have the job...

Interview Question – Remember to answer using the "STAR" method   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – You really cant.

Senior Analyst Interview

Senior Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen with Human Resources and the hiring manager. These interviews focused on my employment history, skill set and general human resources/personality questions, These interviews were positive and pretty thorough. The in person interview was with the hiring manager and her team of 4.

Interview Question – discuss a past job experience that parallels the skills required for this position.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2010.

Interview Details – 1. HR screening (30 mins)
2. Phone call (60 mins) - analytical assessment with case questions
3. 1 on 1 interview (30 mins)- general questions about my work experience
4. 1 on 1 w/ manager (60 mins) - questions about work experience, analytical assessments, explanation of roles and responsibilities
5. Take home case with 3 hour time limit (extra time given for data mining) - building an excel model around cost competitiveness w/ 5 slide ppt. presentation. Crazy difficult.

T-mobile doesn't have any "set" interview questions. They leave it up to the interviewers to prepare questions for the interview.

Recently (June '11) they have made a more concerted effort to include case studies in their interviews so they can have greater insight into how you think, and how you work with others. Get yourself a list of case questions and practice before the interview to get your mind in case mode.

Interview Questions

• How would you segment our current customer base to generate greater insights into customer attrition?   View Answer
  • Walk me through a churn calculation.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Negotiate the best you can before they give you an offer. Once they give you an offer, it's set in stone (or that was the case with me). Try to argue that you will be doing the work of people in positions higher than you, so you should be compensated as such. It worked for me.

Analyst III Interview

Analyst III
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2008.

Interview Details – Interview process was pretty typical of large high-tech company - but a bit longer. Phone screen with HR followed by in-person interview with hiring manager and one mnager higher. Usually T-Mobile has group interviews with 3-4 people who are at same level as hiring manager. They have list of standard situational questions - ie. Describe a time when you had to do such and such. There is a defined process of levels of managers you have to interview with to get an offer depending on the level of the job.

Interview Questions

• I don't remember the specific questions. They were the typical situational such as - describe a time when you had trouble meeting a deadline.   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time when you had too many things to do and you were required to prioritize your tasks.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate salary but did not get increase. My salary offer is fairly high for the job and for the dept.

Accessories Merchandiser Interview

Accessories Merchandiser
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2009.

Interview Details – I was reffered by a friend who works in the marketing department, I have a strong marketing background, but this was a merchandising position - something I had little experience with. Yes I would have needed some training, which T-Mobile does do, but I felt as if they were giving me this interview as a favor since a TMOB employee recommended me.

It started with a phone interview from HR, basically saying that I have no where near the experience I would need for this job - but I should tell him why I thought I was right for this position (he was the gate keeper) I did a very good job convincing him, so he set up a 2nd phone interview with the hiring manager later that afternoon. Same thing, basic interview questions, "what are your strengths and weaknesses" and again, I had to convince her that my lack of merch experience wasnt an issue.

She then schduled an in-person interview with her (one on one), then she scheduled be for a second in-person interview the next week - this took two and a half hours and I met with 9 managers!! It was brutal...I could tell they were all hesitant due to my lack of merch experience, my answers were all well formed and thought out, but I could tell that nothing I said would change what my resume had on it...pretty cruel to put me through 4 weeks of interviewing when they could have just looked at my resume.

Director Interview

Director
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2009.

Interview Details – Applied online, no response.
Tracked down hiring manager and copied him on resume, scheduled for phone interview with HR
Appeared strong but perhaps overqualified or misplaced
HR Recruiter continued to try and find placement elsewhere in company
Online job search agent tools are buggy

Interview Question – How did you put together this process   Answer Question

Supervisor Interview

Supervisor
Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person and the process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2008.

Interview Details – I had a panel interview with 9 managers and senior managers. They asked questions such as: Name your strengths. Name your opportunities. How would you deal with two direct reports if they were fighting? Tell me a time about when you didn't meet a deadline and what did you do. What was your proudest moment?

Interview Question – How do you deal with ambiguity?   Answer Question

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Bellevue, WA

The process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2008.

Interview Details – Technical interview was good. Interviewer asked a lot of queations about mobile technologies. However, the process is too slow. Recruiters wont respond unless they have something to share.

personal/on site interview consists of many people talking to you. Most of them are from the departmetn that you are interviewing with.

Interview Question – Your background in the RF   View Answer

Negotiation Details – There is scope of negotiation

Security Engineer Interview

Security Engineer
Seattle, WA

I applied in-person and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview process was pretty standard - I was asked to come in an discuss my background after an initial phone screening. After that, I was hit with one of the most detailed technical skills assessments I've ever seen. I was grilled on everything from packet headers to security policies. It was a bit challenging, but I was confident in my responses.

Interview Question – Given a sample packet capture - Identify the protocol, the traffic, and the likelihood of malicious intent.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The manager didn't really come across well - he was a poor communicator and his questions were odd at times - I also got the sense that they don't respect peoples needs for a work-life balance.

Interviews for Top Jobs at T-Mobile

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!

T-Mobile Videos

T-Mobile – Why Work for Us?

Bring customer experiences to life. Each T-Mobile retail store is staffed with team members driven by professionalism and a genuine interest in helping our customers. It’s a dynamic, service-driven atmosphere where no… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T-Mobile interview questions and advice in Washington State. All 75 interview reviews posted anonymously by T-Mobile employees and interview candidates.