T-Mobile

2.8

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in November 2011.

The initial e-mail and phone interaction was good, but the face-to-face interview was odd and disappointing. The recruiter raced through a list of questions and it became obvious that she or her recruiting company were expected to interview x candidates per day. With all that I was still informed I would be on a short list and they would call me the following week. Never happened. Much ado about nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available 24/7 and willing to do anything to help the team succeed?   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in November 2011.

The recruiter worked with me to find the right fit while I targeted jobs that were interesting. We found a team that was interested in me and we set up the interview. I went in person to meet with 3 team members, though only 2 were available that day. Since I was also interviewing elsewhere I let the recruiter know that and they wanted to make an offer so had me stall my other process. In the end the offer was made over the phone.

Interview Questions

Weighing both offers against each other I made the best choice for me based on where I was at that point in my life. I would have enjoyed working there but the offer I took allowed me a bit more flexibility for work/life balance.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Received e-mail about 3 weeks after I applied on-line. E-mail had hyperlink to a site to pick schedule time. The call was right on time, and lasted for about 20 minutes. The person calling was not the hiring manager, just someone from HR that wrote down my answers for someone else to read.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that was your best accomplishment and why.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last company.   Answer Question
    • What is the minimum amount you would you accept if this position were offered to you.   Answer Question

Vice President of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in November 2009.

Recruiter was very condecending. He was more concerned about the highest level of budget that had been managed rather than the scope of prior work , skills, education. It was disappointing that T-Mobile would limit their talent search in that way. I didn't get far in the phone interview and I shared my thoughts with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What is the largest budget you have managed?   View Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in October 2009.

I think 3-4 people interviewed me. I had a very enjoyable time. They talked about the job, the content of the work, the structure of the position and the department. They asked about my previous experience and quizzed me on potential scenarios. I had to listen to a scenario and critique an employees response to it as well. I felt at home and at ease.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle...[insert scenario here].   View Answer
    there's no negotiation. you take the offer or don't.

Job At Corp HQ (US) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

My only advice to others interviewing with T-Mobile for a corporate type job is to NOT expect any timely communication from them. They are notorious for not keeping you updated with what is going on in the whole interview process.

Also, only one person really seemed to have cared at all about the series of interviews. They came to the interview with questions and thoughts already on paper to ask. No one did.

Interview Questions
    • I got a ton of "tell me about a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Senior Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

My onboarding happened during the time just after the proposed AT&T acquisition was announced. The company was losing people left and right, and I walked into a good situation. (In the end it worked out well because the deal fell through.)

I was referred by a close friend and sped through the process because the manager was losing someone and was a bit desparate. I had one phone screening, one face-to-face group interview, then got an offer. It went very quickly, but was a somewhat unusual circumstance.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a strength and a weakness?" (It was that kind of interview.)   Answer Question
    The offer was well above my previous salary. I asked for a bonus as well, got denied, took the offer anyway.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, WA

I applied in-person – interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2010.

I applied online and about a month later, I received a call. I had to do 3 different interviews. One was with 2 of the sales leads at the store. Next was with a manager. The third was with another manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a choice to be driven in a limo or a taxi, which would you choose?

Show us how you would try to sell your current cell phone to a customer.

What are your hobbies?

Answer Question
    No negotiations. You get a basepay per hour and commission on your sales.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in August 2009.

Initially received a call from a recruiter. He asked several questions regarding my current position and why I thought T-Mobile was the right place for me. He also questioned my desire to move to the NorthWest. He later set up an initial phone interview with a manager. After that went well, I was asked to fly out to Seattle to interview in person. The interviewing process went very well. I met with several project managers, senior managers, directors, and the VP of the organization in a panel interview. I was pleased with how they conducted themselves and the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were regarding the project management methodologies I had worked with prior. There were also questions on the PMBOK and how I have best used KPIs in the past.   Answer Question
    Pleasant. The VP was able to explain to me what she could and could not do for me as a new employee. She allowed time for me to digest her offer and after reviewing it against one other offer I accepted hers.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2014.

Longest item was the background check. Process was very easy.

Pretty straight forward, I got a few of the items I asked for but did not get all.