T-Mobile Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington State

2.8

78 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2011.

The initial e-mail and phone interaction was good, but the face-to-face interview was odd and disappointing. The recruiter raced through a list of questions and it became obvious that she or her recruiting company were expected to interview x candidates per day. With all that I was still informed I would be on a short list and they would call me the following week. Never happened. Much ado about nothing.

Interview Questions
    • Are you available 24/7 and willing to do anything to help the team succeed?   View Answer

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2011.

The recruiter worked with me to find the right fit while I targeted jobs that were interesting. We found a team that was interested in me and we set up the interview. I went in person to meet with 3 team members, though only 2 were available that day. Since I was also interviewing elsewhere I let the recruiter know that and they wanted to make an offer so had me stall my other process. In the end the offer was made over the phone.

Interview Questions

Weighing both offers against each other I made the best choice for me based on where I was at that point in my life. I would have enjoyed working there but the offer I took allowed me a bit more flexibility for work/life balance.

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Received e-mail about 3 weeks after I applied on-line. E-mail had hyperlink to a site to pick schedule time. The call was right on time, and lasted for about 20 minutes. The person calling was not the hiring manager, just someone from HR that wrote down my answers for someone else to read.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that was your best accomplishment and why.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last company.   Answer Question
    • What is the minimum amount you would you accept if this position were offered to you.   Answer Question

Vice President of Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2009.

Recruiter was very condecending. He was more concerned about the highest level of budget that had been managed rather than the scope of prior work , skills, education. It was disappointing that T-Mobile would limit their talent search in that way. I didn't get far in the phone interview and I shared my thoughts with the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • What is the largest budget you have managed?   View Answer

Fraud Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2009.

I think 3-4 people interviewed me. I had a very enjoyable time. They talked about the job, the content of the work, the structure of the position and the department. They asked about my previous experience and quizzed me on potential scenarios. I had to listen to a scenario and critique an employees response to it as well. I felt at home and at ease.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle...[insert scenario here].   View Answer
    there's no negotiation. you take the offer or don't.

Job At Corp HQ (US) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

My only advice to others interviewing with T-Mobile for a corporate type job is to NOT expect any timely communication from them. They are notorious for not keeping you updated with what is going on in the whole interview process.

Also, only one person really seemed to have cared at all about the series of interviews. They came to the interview with questions and thoughts already on paper to ask. No one did.

Interview Questions
    • I got a ton of "tell me about a time when..." questions   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2010.

It started off with me filling out an application on their job website. You have also take a skills test at that time too. You'll answer some personality questions and navigate around a mock up of the software they would use for a Call Center CSR position. If they are interested in you they will call you and start the interview process. The interview process is fairly easy and quick. It started off with a phone interview by an internal recruiter. She asked general work experience questions and how my experience applied to this position. If the recruiter finds potential in you he/she will then schedule a face to face interview with you. My case was a little special because I am currently living far away from their call center. What would have been a face to face interview turned into another phone interview with two other recruiters. After that they decided whether they want you in for a 30 minute listening-in session and a final interview. (They do not hire you with out interviewing with you face to face first) The final interview was easy and listening on calls was great because you know right then and there if this is something for you or not. I personally liked it a lot. The overall culture at T-Mobile seems to be exciting and fun. There is a pretty thorough background check you have to pass. The company they outsource this to is called HireRight and they are a bunch of incompetent fools. Just work with them, in the end everything turned out fine and I got an offer which I accepted.

If you want me to be honest, don't waste your time applying for this job if you are not interested in taking an extremely high volume of calls on a daily basis, getting yelled at by strangers or being pushed to sell stuff to people. This position is solely based on performance. Experience is great but if you don't perform to standards you'll have a hard time enjoying this job.

Interview Questions
    There is not negotiation.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellingham, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2012.

-Applied online: Starts out standard enough, with basic info, experience, etc... After completing, you are prompted to complete a 'video-game' involving a virtual call-center interface with mock customer calls. After that, you are asked to complete an 'agree-disagree' personality assessments. In all, expect to spend about 1.5-2.5 hours in this part of the process.
    -Call from HR agent: A light interview with a friendly (but somewhat insincerely-chirpy) person, after which an in-person interview is set up.
    -Face-to-face: After checking through 'security' you will be prompted to listen to about 30 minutes of customer calls BEFORE you even speak to the interviewer. After a good 15 minutes of waiting, she finally makes it out to greet you. She wore a smile, but seemed rushed and insincere. Absolutely no pleasantries, she jumped straight into asking the same generic, asinine 'personality/ experience' questions that are asked at just about every corporate interview the world over! After answering several questions with very parallel answers, you are escorted to the security lobby and told to "expect a call or email in a day or two." A generic interview process for a generic company.

Interview Questions
    • Frankly, I was not expecting to be asked "How do you solve a complex problem," "How do you deal with a stressful situation," and "What was a specific time you had a stressful situation," all consecutively. Why not present an unsolved problem and ask how it would be solved, rather than requesting I recall several experiences with the same outcome! I nearly left the interview at that point!   Answer Question

Senior Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

My onboarding happened during the time just after the proposed AT&T acquisition was announced. The company was losing people left and right, and I walked into a good situation. (In the end it worked out well because the deal fell through.)

I was referred by a close friend and sped through the process because the manager was losing someone and was a bit desparate. I had one phone screening, one face-to-face group interview, then got an offer. It went very quickly, but was a somewhat unusual circumstance.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a strength and a weakness?" (It was that kind of interview.)   Answer Question
    The offer was well above my previous salary. I asked for a bonus as well, got denied, took the offer anyway.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2009.

Initially received a call from a recruiter. He asked several questions regarding my current position and why I thought T-Mobile was the right place for me. He also questioned my desire to move to the NorthWest. He later set up an initial phone interview with a manager. After that went well, I was asked to fly out to Seattle to interview in person. The interviewing process went very well. I met with several project managers, senior managers, directors, and the VP of the organization in a panel interview. I was pleased with how they conducted themselves and the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were regarding the project management methodologies I had worked with prior. There were also questions on the PMBOK and how I have best used KPIs in the past.   Answer Question
    Pleasant. The VP was able to explain to me what she could and could not do for me as a new employee. She allowed time for me to digest her offer and after reviewing it against one other offer I accepted hers.

Worked for T-Mobile? Contribute to the Community!