T-Mobile Interview Questions & Reviews in Washington State

2.8

78 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

This was actually a very fast and simple process. After the initial phone screen which lasted less than 20 minutes I was given a 1-1 interview the same week. I met with a senior engineer and a project manager which asked me questions on qa, testing, network and device troubleshooting.

Interview Questions
    • Network related questions concerning TCP/IP and experience with packet sniffing software.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

Several rounds of interviews starting with phone screen through panel. Be prepared for many internal acronyms, experience in disruptive tech, media or marketing may be helpful now. Brush up on John Legere's online presence, understand the "uncarrier" movement.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive SOGA (Share of Gross Ads)?   View Answer
    limited, salary capped. now with stock, it might be different.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2014.

Longest item was the background check. Process was very easy.

Pretty straight forward, I got a few of the items I asked for but did not get all.

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2014.

Had a recent phone screen which lasted about 25 minutes. The recruiter was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions
    • It surprised me to be asked about critical experience and skills that were needed for the role that were not outlined at all in the original job posting.   View Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

They are through and spent a lot of time having you talk to those up - side and down within the organizaiton you would lead. Multiple visits to corporate and field locaiton to ensure you were a good culture fit. Took care of all expenses associated with interview travel.

Interview Questions
    Pleasant - I had already discussed my expectations prior to receiving my written offer so it matched.

Engineer, Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Snoqualmie, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

Recruitment process was quite normal and recruiter is a very nice lady from NJ. I completed a screening interview with her, and then transferred to the hiring manager who talked to me honestly and really felt respected when I talked to him. Two weeks later, got info about the in person interview and after finishing the interview with the manager, I had the pleasure to meet the team I worked with later when got hired.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

The initial contact was a phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. After that, I was brought in to the offices to meet with the hiring manager's boss who happened to be the VP of Product Development. The process went according to my expectations and did not get weird with obtuse questions or tests. I was eager to get on board and ultimately was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you approach an analysis of a new product and/or vendor?   Answer Question
    Very straight-forward. I happened to be fishing in my boat on the Columbia River with my father and brother, a total hoot to conduct an acceptance.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

I applied online, and one week later I received an email with information regarding time and date of my first phone interview. My first interview was held by a HR person who went through my resume and presented some behavioral questions. After my first interview, the HR person informed that my second interview would be handled by the hiring manager if I was selected. A couple of days later I received an email confirming my second phone interview with the hiring manager. Again I was asked behavioral questions and also more technical questions related to my resume and experience. At the end of my interview I was informed that in a couple of weeks I could be contacted for a third interview at T-Mobile Bellevue, WA. It has passed just a week and I am still waiting for. If not contacted at the end of the second week I will reach the HR person and ask for the status of my application. Both interviews over the phone were very pleasant and the HR and hiring manager were nice.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were reasonable and strictly related to the work environment and job duties.   Answer Question

Training Manager and Instructional Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2010.

I had four recruiters contact me from TM, each with different training positions. I was passed on with 3 for phone interviews with the hiring managers. One I had to do a training presentation to a group of partners. One I had a phone interview with the team and later met with the manager in person. The last one I met with the hiring manager and then had me meet the director. I was impressed with the people, the culture and values.

Interview Questions
    • Asking how I would handle a team that was not skilled to be in their current positions.   View Answer
    The first offer, declined salary was lower than expected and no negotiation. Second offer was rescinded because I was more interested in working with the third group. Third offer I was able to negotiate a higher salary. After I took the job, the director and I were walking back to the office and he told me that he was surprised that I didn't negotiate for more. Interesting...

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2009.

Initially received a call from a recruiter. He asked several questions regarding my current position and why I thought T-Mobile was the right place for me. He also questioned my desire to move to the NorthWest. He later set up an initial phone interview with a manager. After that went well, I was asked to fly out to Seattle to interview in person. The interviewing process went very well. I met with several project managers, senior managers, directors, and the VP of the organization in a panel interview. I was pleased with how they conducted themselves and the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were regarding the project management methodologies I had worked with prior. There were also questions on the PMBOK and how I have best used KPIs in the past.   Answer Question
    Pleasant. The VP was able to explain to me what she could and could not do for me as a new employee. She allowed time for me to digest her offer and after reviewing it against one other offer I accepted hers.