T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State

2.8

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

I had an hour and a half phone interview after telling the Recruiting Manager that I had laryngitis and a fever. She said she wouldn't take much time and plowed through her list of questions ignoring the fact that I was whispering during the call. This should have been my first clue about her management style.

Interview Questions
    • Do you have childcare set up?
      How many children do you have?
        View Answer

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in October 2013.

I applied online, and one week later I received an email with information regarding time and date of my first phone interview. My first interview was held by a HR person who went through my resume and presented some behavioral questions. After my first interview, the HR person informed that my second interview would be handled by the hiring manager if I was selected. A couple of days later I received an email confirming my second phone interview with the hiring manager. Again I was asked behavioral questions and also more technical questions related to my resume and experience. At the end of my interview I was informed that in a couple of weeks I could be contacted for a third interview at T-Mobile Bellevue, WA. It has passed just a week and I am still waiting for. If not contacted at the end of the second week I will reach the HR person and ask for the status of my application. Both interviews over the phone were very pleasant and the HR and hiring manager were nice.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were reasonable and strictly related to the work environment and job duties.   Answer Question

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Phone interview with the HR followed by a couple of face to face interviews to meet the hiring manager and the team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mainly revolved around project management and how to handle difficult situations   Answer Question
    Good

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2013.

I heard about the position via my local unemployment office. The process was very straight forward and transparent. I completed my assessment and then went in for an actual in person interview. T-Mobile does indeed utilize the STAR interview method, make sure you practice the night before. The interview wasn't overly hard and I felt like I did a good job.

Another thing to be aware of. I personally don't have good credit right now and was told by someone in one of my networking groups that T-Mobile won't hire people who don't have good credit. I asked the recruiter point-blank if this was true during my assessment. She told me that T-Mobile is only interested in things like prior work history and criminal records in regards to background checks. They also use Hire Right and it's pretty detailed.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me several questions related to a time where I wasn't successful or failed at something. Make sure that you have a good work related story to tell here. The important thing is that you realize you aren't perfect and that you learned from the experience. The employer wants to hear that you are open to criticism and can grow.   Answer Question
    They have a range that they can offer for the CSR I position, $11.20 - 13.52 an hour I believe. You can negotiate withing this range and it is based on experience.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Tacoma, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2013.

I initially did a short casual interview with the RAM that my friend set up as an employee here. The next day, I had a full interview with the RSM and that was fairly concise with all the regular questions you would expect about applicable sales and customer service background, understanding incentives for commission sales, seeing if your personality was a good fit with the rest of the team, etc. Two weeks later, I got the call asking to accept the position.

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Phone Interview with Manager and Recruiter

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2012.

-Applied online: Starts out standard enough, with basic info, experience, etc... After completing, you are prompted to complete a 'video-game' involving a virtual call-center interface with mock customer calls. After that, you are asked to complete an 'agree-disagree' personality assessments. In all, expect to spend about 1.5-2.5 hours in this part of the process.
    -Call from HR agent: A light interview with a friendly (but somewhat insincerely-chirpy) person, after which an in-person interview is set up.
    -Face-to-face: After checking through 'security' you will be prompted to listen to about 30 minutes of customer calls BEFORE you even speak to the interviewer. After a good 15 minutes of waiting, she finally makes it out to greet you. She wore a smile, but seemed rushed and insincere. Absolutely no pleasantries, she jumped straight into asking the same generic, asinine 'personality/ experience' questions that are asked at just about every corporate interview the world over! After answering several questions with very parallel answers, you are escorted to the security lobby and told to "expect a call or email in a day or two." A generic interview process for a generic company.

Interview Questions
    • Frankly, I was not expecting to be asked "How do you solve a complex problem," "How do you deal with a stressful situation," and "What was a specific time you had a stressful situation," all consecutively. Why not present an unsolved problem and ask how it would be solved, rather than requesting I recall several experiences with the same outcome! I nearly left the interview at that point!   Answer Question

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2012.

Multiple interviews with several people.

None

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2012.

I had two rounds of interview for this role at T-Mobile, the first being with the recruiter who was nice but I think there was an opportunity for her to be more genuine. Her details of the role for me was very different from when I actually met the hiring manager. When I met the following two days with the hiring manager I thought he was rude and arrogant. Quite a strong opinion but it seem he was preoccupied with other work and trying to multi-task while trying to interview me the entire 45 minutes with him. It wasn't because there was no interest on his part, but rather a lack of focus and respect which tells you a lot about the type of manager he is.

I eventually spoke with about eight people at T-Mobile. Seven of the eight were intelligent, thoughtful, and great to talk with.

I didn't get the job and never got a call back.

Marketing Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2012.

I passed my resume to a T-Mobile employee at the career fair of a conference. Didn't hear back from him after two weeks so I sent a follow up email. He didn't ever reply back but in a few days someone from HR contacted me to schedule an interview. I talked with three people on the phone for 40-45 minutes. We went over my resume briefly. Afterwards, they had a case study question which took up the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Say T-Mobile wants to give a $10 rebate to new subscribers. How would you evaluate this rebate's effectiveness?   Answer Question