T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Jun 27, 2015

2.8

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Tacoma, WA) in March 2014.

Interview

You apply online and take assessment test. The testing is easy, there are customer service situations and by your answer they determine if you are great sales person and also has great customer service abilities.

After the assessment test they will give you a call if you are picked to be a candidate. Then there will be 2 or 3 interviews, if you didnt do well first interview then you are out of luck...so first impression is really great!

They basically want three things from you, #1 you have to be a great out going, people person, listeners instead of speakers and always energetic to fire up the team.
    #2 They need to see u can sell, if you have experience of selling and successful at it then u are the one! brag about how well u can sell or had.

#3 you are honest and supportive, they want you to have T-mobile culture and blend well with them.

Lastly if u tell them u are going to stay for 2 years or 1 year....they wouldn't want you, tell them u plan to stay long and climb to the ladder!

Interview Questions

Negotiation

be confident and dont be nervous!

QA Test Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

This was actually a very fast and simple process. After the initial phone screen which lasted less than 20 minutes I was given a 1-1 interview the same week. I met with a senior engineer and a project manager which asked me questions on qa, testing, network and device troubleshooting.

Interview Questions

• Network related questions concerning TCP/IP and experience with packet sniffing software.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in February 2014.

Interview

Had a recent phone screen which lasted about 25 minutes. The recruiter was very nice and professional.

Interview Questions

• It surprised me to be asked about critical experience and skills that were needed for the role that were not outlined at all in the original job posting.   1 Answer

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in January 2014.

Interview

Longest item was the background check. Process was very easy.

Negotiation

Pretty straight forward, I got a few of the items I asked for but did not get all.

Senior Finance Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

The initial contact was a phone interview with the recruiter, then the hiring manager. After that, I was brought in to the offices to meet with the hiring manager's boss who happened to be the VP of Product Development. The process went according to my expectations and did not get weird with obtuse questions or tests. I was eager to get on board and ultimately was offered the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you approach an analysis of a new product and/or vendor?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very straight-forward. I happened to be fishing in my boat on the Columbia River with my father and brother, a total hoot to conduct an acceptance.

Contract Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and one week later I received an email with information regarding time and date of my first phone interview. My first interview was held by a HR person who went through my resume and presented some behavioral questions. After my first interview, the HR person informed that my second interview would be handled by the hiring manager if I was selected. A couple of days later I received an email confirming my second phone interview with the hiring manager. Again I was asked behavioral questions and also more technical questions related to my resume and experience. At the end of my interview I was informed that in a couple of weeks I could be contacted for a third interview at T-Mobile Bellevue, WA. It has passed just a week and I am still waiting for. If not contacted at the end of the second week I will reach the HR person and ask for the status of my application. Both interviews over the phone were very pleasant and the HR and hiring manager were nice.

Interview Questions

• All questions were reasonable and strictly related to the work environment and job duties.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in October 2013.

Interview

I had an hour and a half phone interview after telling the Recruiting Manager that I had laryngitis and a fever. She said she wouldn't take much time and plowed through her list of questions ignoring the fact that I was whispering during the call. This should have been my first clue about her management style.

Interview Questions

• Do you have childcare set up?
      How many children do you have?

3 Answers

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA).

Interview

Phone interview with the HR followed by a couple of face to face interviews to meet the hiring manager and the team.

Interview Questions

• Questions mainly revolved around project management and how to handle difficult situations   Answer Question

Good

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellingham, WA) in February 2013.

Interview

I heard about the position via my local unemployment office. The process was very straight forward and transparent. I completed my assessment and then went in for an actual in person interview. T-Mobile does indeed utilize the STAR interview method, make sure you practice the night before. The interview wasn't overly hard and I felt like I did a good job.

Another thing to be aware of. I personally don't have good credit right now and was told by someone in one of my networking groups that T-Mobile won't hire people who don't have good credit. I asked the recruiter point-blank if this was true during my assessment. She told me that T-Mobile is only interested in things like prior work history and criminal records in regards to background checks. They also use Hire Right and it's pretty detailed.

Interview Questions

• The interviewer asked me several questions related to a time where I wasn't successful or failed at something. Make sure that you have a good work related story to tell here. The important thing is that you realize you aren't perfect and that you learned from the experience. The employer wants to hear that you are open to criticism and can grow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

They have a range that they can offer for the CSR I position, $11.20 - 13.52 an hour I believe. You can negotiate withing this range and it is based on experience.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tacoma, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Tacoma, WA) in January 2013.

Interview

I initially did a short casual interview with the RAM that my friend set up as an employee here. The next day, I had a full interview with the RSM and that was fairly concise with all the regular questions you would expect about applicable sales and customer service background, understanding incentives for commission sales, seeing if your personality was a good fit with the rest of the team, etc. Two weeks later, I got the call asking to accept the position.

Interview Questions

• Sell me your phone right now.   1 Answer