T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State

2.8

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2009.

Initially received a call from a recruiter. He asked several questions regarding my current position and why I thought T-Mobile was the right place for me. He also questioned my desire to move to the NorthWest. He later set up an initial phone interview with a manager. After that went well, I was asked to fly out to Seattle to interview in person. The interviewing process went very well. I met with several project managers, senior managers, directors, and the VP of the organization in a panel interview. I was pleased with how they conducted themselves and the interview process.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions were regarding the project management methodologies I had worked with prior. There were also questions on the PMBOK and how I have best used KPIs in the past.   Answer Question
    Pleasant. The VP was able to explain to me what she could and could not do for me as a new employee. She allowed time for me to digest her offer and after reviewing it against one other offer I accepted hers.

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Basic STAR format: Situation/Task, Action, Result. Behavior based job interview.

They have base pay ranges, however they are pretty flexible.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lakewood, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2010.

I applied online and about a month later, I received a call. I had to do 3 different interviews. One was with 2 of the sales leads at the store. Next was with a manager. The third was with another manager.

Interview Questions
    • If you had a choice to be driven in a limo or a taxi, which would you choose?

Show us how you would try to sell your current cell phone to a customer.

What are your hobbies?
        Answer Question
    No negotiations. You get a basepay per hour and commission on your sales.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Phone interview with the HR followed by a couple of face to face interviews to meet the hiring manager and the team.

Interview Questions
    • Questions mainly revolved around project management and how to handle difficult situations   Answer Question
    Good

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2009.

Full technical interview by phone. Must have full working knowledge of IP networking, layer 2, layer 3 and routing protocols.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked to demonstrate how to diagnose and repair asynchronous routing.   Answer Question
    It is difficult to get raises so negotiate your salary as high as possible up front.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2012.

Multiple interviews with several people.

None

RSA Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Issaquah, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Issaquah, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

3 total, recruiter, assistant manager, store manager

RF Engineering Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Recruiters were very professional and efficient. I was flown in from Europe for the interview and they had my offer ready before I had to leave two days later. They tend to do multiple interviews on the same day to avoid rounds of interviews - so I met with three or four people. Usually, the hiring manager will have two other people interview you first and if they don't feel you are a fit, the hiring manager will cut the interview short and you won't interview with their boss.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked some very technical questions but I think it was more to gauge my level of knowledge and how I would go about solving a problem.   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate salary or vacation time but I felt like they made me the best offer they could.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2013.

I heard about the position via my local unemployment office. The process was very straight forward and transparent. I completed my assessment and then went in for an actual in person interview. T-Mobile does indeed utilize the STAR interview method, make sure you practice the night before. The interview wasn't overly hard and I felt like I did a good job.

Another thing to be aware of. I personally don't have good credit right now and was told by someone in one of my networking groups that T-Mobile won't hire people who don't have good credit. I asked the recruiter point-blank if this was true during my assessment. She told me that T-Mobile is only interested in things like prior work history and criminal records in regards to background checks. They also use Hire Right and it's pretty detailed.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewer asked me several questions related to a time where I wasn't successful or failed at something. Make sure that you have a good work related story to tell here. The important thing is that you realize you aren't perfect and that you learned from the experience. The employer wants to hear that you are open to criticism and can grow.   Answer Question
    They have a range that they can offer for the CSR I position, $11.20 - 13.52 an hour I believe. You can negotiate withing this range and it is based on experience.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2009.

I had a phone screen followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Both of these went great. I then interviewed in person with the group director who interrupted it by taking a call from his adult son, and then questioned me not having an MBA which was not a job requirement (he also does not have an MBA). Most of the people I met at T-Mobile were great, but this one person ruined by experience.

Interview Questions
    • How does our revenue compare to that of the client you will be assigned?   Answer Question