T-Mobile

Relevance Date Difficulty

Retail Sales Associate Interview

Retail Sales Associate
Lakewood, WA

I applied in-person - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online and about a month later, I received a call. I had to do 3 different interviews. One was with 2 of the sales leads at the store. Next was with a manager. The third was with another manager.

Interview Question – If you had a choice to be driven in a limo or a taxi, which would you choose?

Show us how you would try to sell your current cell phone to a customer.

What are your hobbies?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations. You get a basepay per hour and commission on your sales.

Portfolio Manager Interview

Portfolio Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Interview Details – Phone interview with the HR followed by a couple of face to face interviews to meet the hiring manager and the team.

Interview Question – Questions mainly revolved around project management and how to handle difficult situations   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Good

Senior Engineer Interview

Senior Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2009.

Interview Details – Full technical interview by phone. Must have full working knowledge of IP networking, layer 2, layer 3 and routing protocols.

Interview Question – Was asked to demonstrate how to diagnose and repair asynchronous routing.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – It is difficult to get raises so negotiate your salary as high as possible up front.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Senior Marketing Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2012.

Interview Details – Multiple interviews with several people.

Interview Question – Math related question with fake statistics.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

RSA Interview

RSA
Issaquah, WA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in June 2010.

Interview Details – 3 total, recruiter, assistant manager, store manager

Interview Question – What where you sales numbers over 2 yrs?   Answer Question

RF Engineering Manager Interview

RF Engineering Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2009.

Interview Details – Recruiters were very professional and efficient. I was flown in from Europe for the interview and they had my offer ready before I had to leave two days later. They tend to do multiple interviews on the same day to avoid rounds of interviews - so I met with three or four people. Usually, the hiring manager will have two other people interview you first and if they don't feel you are a fit, the hiring manager will cut the interview short and you won't interview with their boss.

Interview Question – I was asked some very technical questions but I think it was more to gauge my level of knowledge and how I would go about solving a problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate salary or vacation time but I felt like they made me the best offer they could.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Bellingham, WA

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2013.

Interview Details – I heard about the position via my local unemployment office. The process was very straight forward and transparent. I completed my assessment and then went in for an actual in person interview. T-Mobile does indeed utilize the STAR interview method, make sure you practice the night before. The interview wasn't overly hard and I felt like I did a good job.

Another thing to be aware of. I personally don't have good credit right now and was told by someone in one of my networking groups that T-Mobile won't hire people who don't have good credit. I asked the recruiter point-blank if this was true during my assessment. She told me that T-Mobile is only interested in things like prior work history and criminal records in regards to background checks. They also use Hire Right and it's pretty detailed.

Interview Question – The interviewer asked me several questions related to a time where I wasn't successful or failed at something. Make sure that you have a good work related story to tell here. The important thing is that you realize you aren't perfect and that you learned from the experience. The employer wants to hear that you are open to criticism and can grow.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They have a range that they can offer for the CSR I position, $11.20 - 13.52 an hour I believe. You can negotiate withing this range and it is based on experience.

Strategic Account Manager Interview

Strategic Account Manager
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2009.

Interview Details – I had a phone screen followed by an in-person interview with the hiring manager. Both of these went great. I then interviewed in person with the group director who interrupted it by taking a call from his adult son, and then questioned me not having an MBA which was not a job requirement (he also does not have an MBA). Most of the people I met at T-Mobile were great, but this one person ruined by experience.

Interview Question – How does our revenue compare to that of the client you will be assigned?   Answer Question

Senior Functional Analyst Interview

Senior Functional Analyst
Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

Interview Details – My onboarding happened during the time just after the proposed AT&T acquisition was announced. The company was losing people left and right, and I walked into a good situation. (In the end it worked out well because the deal fell through.)

I was referred by a close friend and sped through the process because the manager was losing someone and was a bit desparate. I had one phone screening, one face-to-face group interview, then got an offer. It went very quickly, but was a somewhat unusual circumstance.

Interview Question – Can you describe a strength and a weakness?" (It was that kind of interview.)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The offer was well above my previous salary. I asked for a bonus as well, got denied, took the offer anyway.

Systems Engineer Interview

Systems Engineer
Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2012.

Interview Details – Sent an application with my resume in response to a listing for a system engineering internship online. Later received an initial phone screen that asked some behavioral questions as well as my opinion of the (then) recent news on the at&t/T-Mobile merger. The interviewer seemed to respond positively to my answers and thanked me for my time but a couple of weeks later I called back and learned that a better fit had been found.

Interview Question – What is your opinion on the recent news of the at&t/T-Mobile merger?   Answer Question