T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State

Updated Apr 27, 2015

2.8

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in September 2012.

Interview

Contacted by recruiter to schedule phone screening then invited for a series of interviews with hiring manager and various members of the team. Interviewed by hiring manager and 2 peers but never actually met the recruiter.

Interview Questions

• I was given a hypothetical case study and asked to answer it the best I could. They are looking for analytical reasoning skills to see how you approach problems rather than looking for a specific answer to the questions.   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in August 2012.

Interview

Met with 5 people individually.
    Questions probed thought process, problem solving, creativity, values

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Very little room for negotiation. They came in on the high end and were not trying to low-ball me.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bothell, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

A consultant called me for this job opportunity ,and i think resume was processed only when rates/salary was decided since beginning (i think that was one of the criterion for screening) , it took more then 25 days for T mobile people to respond on resume and calling me on phone.
    Phone interview was very conceptual with lots of emphasis on what you have done on past projects.
    Strengths and weakness questions/describe concepts with examples etc etc.
    People on phone were very friendly and created right atmosphere for eliciting proper response.they let you speak and stress was on understanding you as much as possible.It was 30 mins long.
    Next day only i got call for face to face interview where atmosphere was more of a panel interview -i met the whole team and they asked couple of questions and talked about what they do.
    It was interaction oriented in making you understand team/work.
    It was good and friendly and esp the manager made sure that she observes and treat the person right .
    Good experience-just good reading of you own resume and past experience will get you through.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was through a consultant -so no negotiation happened.

Business Systems Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Project manager was very warm wishing, interviewers were project manager and senior business systems analyst. Interview went for about 30 minutes f2f. Questions were more related to experience as business analyst and problems i faced as business analyst in the past projects. Definitely there were digging into my details on resume related to experience. Were looking for someone with certification as professional BA.

Interview Questions

• All were difficult as they were looking for more details.   Answer Question

Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in July 2012.

Interview

Recruiter spoke to me about salary. Then scheduler followed up with times/dates of interview. Then I came in and met with 4 people, for an hour each, one after another. A Director, 2 senior managers, and a copywriter. Several looked at my work, but the other 2 just talked about the job and whether I'd like it and how it compared to what I'd done in the past.

Interview Questions

• What design trends do you see in websites these days.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The recruiter offered about $10k less than I wanted. I said I was making (in a vague way) in the range of X. And I sounded a little hesitant about the amount she mentioned. She said maybe 5k higher than that. I said it's worth an interview but I'm not sure. They really wanted me so came in at the exact amount I really wanted. 10k above what they'd offered.

MBA Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

6 round of telephonic/face to face interviews with director/VP level people. Questions ranging from case question to real problems at hand. The interviewers were very relaxed and kept asking questions for 30-40 minutes non-stop. Know your resume and past experience really well.

Interview Questions

• What kind of strategies will you use to hold back customers who are not that happy?   Answer Question

Negotiation

I got an additional 3K bonus to relocate during the summer

Technology Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Seattle, WA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interview topics:
    Java
    Sql
    Object oriented design

Interview Questions

• Describe select statement in detail. Including data manipulation order   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in February 2012.

Interview

Sent an application with my resume in response to a listing for a system engineering internship online. Later received an initial phone screen that asked some behavioral questions as well as my opinion of the (then) recent news on the at&t/T-Mobile merger. The interviewer seemed to respond positively to my answers and thanked me for my time but a couple of weeks later I called back and learned that a better fit had been found.

Interview Questions

• What is your opinion on the recent news of the at&t/T-Mobile merger?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in January 2012.

Interview

Very quick process, and waiting time was minimal which is great when going thru the process.
    Recruiter reached out initially, then Dept Mgr, then future peer group conducted final interview, decision made
    Decided on start date, which was flexible, and signed offer letter

Interview Questions

• Some of the peer interviewers were not experienced in interviewing and struggled when asking some questions which made it difficult to follow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

offer came in and I asked recruiter to go back and request more based on my experience and tenure at the level I was being considered for. Recruiter came back with approval.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bellevue, WA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile (Bellevue, WA) in November 2011.

Interview

The recruiter worked with me to find the right fit while I targeted jobs that were interesting. We found a team that was interested in me and we set up the interview. I went in person to meet with 3 team members, though only 2 were available that day. Since I was also interviewing elsewhere I let the recruiter know that and they wanted to make an offer so had me stall my other process. In the end the offer was made over the phone.

Interview Questions

Weighing both offers against each other I made the best choice for me based on where I was at that point in my life. I would have enjoyed working there but the offer I took allowed me a bit more flexibility for work/life balance.