T-Mobile Interview Questions in Washington State

2.8

79 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Senior Functional Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile in May 2011.

My onboarding happened during the time just after the proposed AT&T acquisition was announced. The company was losing people left and right, and I walked into a good situation. (In the end it worked out well because the deal fell through.)

I was referred by a close friend and sped through the process because the manager was losing someone and was a bit desparate. I had one phone screening, one face-to-face group interview, then got an offer. It went very quickly, but was a somewhat unusual circumstance.

Interview Questions
    • Can you describe a strength and a weakness?" (It was that kind of interview.)   Answer Question
    The offer was well above my previous salary. I asked for a bonus as well, got denied, took the offer anyway.

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in February 2012.

Sent an application with my resume in response to a listing for a system engineering internship online. Later received an initial phone screen that asked some behavioral questions as well as my opinion of the (then) recent news on the at&t/T-Mobile merger. The interviewer seemed to respond positively to my answers and thanked me for my time but a couple of weeks later I called back and learned that a better fit had been found.

Interview Questions
    • What is your opinion on the recent news of the at&t/T-Mobile merger?   Answer Question

Senior Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at T-Mobile in August 2012.

Met with 5 people individually.
    Questions probed thought process, problem solving, creativity, values

Interview Questions
    Very little room for negotiation. They came in on the high end and were not trying to low-ball me.

Customer Service and Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at T-Mobile in December 2012.

-Applied online: Starts out standard enough, with basic info, experience, etc... After completing, you are prompted to complete a 'video-game' involving a virtual call-center interface with mock customer calls. After that, you are asked to complete an 'agree-disagree' personality assessments. In all, expect to spend about 1.5-2.5 hours in this part of the process.
    -Call from HR agent: A light interview with a friendly (but somewhat insincerely-chirpy) person, after which an in-person interview is set up.
    -Face-to-face: After checking through 'security' you will be prompted to listen to about 30 minutes of customer calls BEFORE you even speak to the interviewer. After a good 15 minutes of waiting, she finally makes it out to greet you. She wore a smile, but seemed rushed and insincere. Absolutely no pleasantries, she jumped straight into asking the same generic, asinine 'personality/ experience' questions that are asked at just about every corporate interview the world over! After answering several questions with very parallel answers, you are escorted to the security lobby and told to "expect a call or email in a day or two." A generic interview process for a generic company.

Interview Questions
    • Frankly, I was not expecting to be asked "How do you solve a complex problem," "How do you deal with a stressful situation," and "What was a specific time you had a stressful situation," all consecutively. Why not present an unsolved problem and ask how it would be solved, rather than requesting I recall several experiences with the same outcome! I nearly left the interview at that point!   Answer Question

Technical Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bothell, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bothell, WA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T-Mobile.

Phone Interview with Manager and Recruiter

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2012.

I had two rounds of interview for this role at T-Mobile, the first being with the recruiter who was nice but I think there was an opportunity for her to be more genuine. Her details of the role for me was very different from when I actually met the hiring manager. When I met the following two days with the hiring manager I thought he was rude and arrogant. Quite a strong opinion but it seem he was preoccupied with other work and trying to multi-task while trying to interview me the entire 45 minutes with him. It wasn't because there was no interest on his part, but rather a lack of focus and respect which tells you a lot about the type of manager he is.

I eventually spoke with about eight people at T-Mobile. Seven of the eight were intelligent, thoughtful, and great to talk with.

I didn't get the job and never got a call back.

Marketing Analytics Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in November 2012.

I passed my resume to a T-Mobile employee at the career fair of a conference. Didn't hear back from him after two weeks so I sent a follow up email. He didn't ever reply back but in a few days someone from HR contacted me to schedule an interview. I talked with three people on the phone for 40-45 minutes. We went over my resume briefly. Afterwards, they had a case study question which took up the rest of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • Say T-Mobile wants to give a $10 rebate to new subscribers. How would you evaluate this rebate's effectiveness?   Answer Question

Director of Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile.

1/2 day. panel and one-on-one. Pretty straight forward, they like to ask questions like, "tell me about a time you had to..." "tell me about a time when x didn't work out the way you planned"

Interview Questions
    • Some people will try to pick apart your answers and push you a bit and try to get you to be defensive   Answer Question
    take it or leave it

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in January 2012.

Very quick process, and waiting time was minimal which is great when going thru the process.
    Recruiter reached out initially, then Dept Mgr, then future peer group conducted final interview, decision made
    Decided on start date, which was flexible, and signed offer letter

Interview Questions
    • Some of the peer interviewers were not experienced in interviewing and struggled when asking some questions which made it difficult to follow.   Answer Question
    offer came in and I asked recruiter to go back and request more based on my experience and tenure at the level I was being considered for. Recruiter came back with approval.

Senior Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T-Mobile in September 2012.

Contacted by recruiter to schedule phone screening then invited for a series of interviews with hiring manager and various members of the team. Interviewed by hiring manager and 2 peers but never actually met the recruiter.

Interview Questions
    • I was given a hypothetical case study and asked to answer it the best I could. They are looking for analytical reasoning skills to see how you approach problems rather than looking for a specific answer to the questions.   Answer Question