T-Mobile

2.8

84 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Received e-mail about 3 weeks after I applied on-line. E-mail had hyperlink to a site to pick schedule time. The call was right on time, and lasted for about 20 minutes. The person calling was not the hiring manager, just someone from HR that wrote down my answers for someone else to read.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a project that was your best accomplishment and why.   Answer Question
    • Why did you leave your last company.   Answer Question
    • What is the minimum amount you would you accept if this position were offered to you.   Answer Question

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

I had a phone screen and then 6 1:1 interviews 2 weeks later. The interviews were back-to-back and I thought they went very well. I stumbled on one question: If you worked for a TV manufacturer and had to build a better remote control, how would you proceed? I forgot to mention that I would seek input from users/customers.

Interview Questions
    • If you worked for a TV manufacturer and had to build a better remote control, how would you proceed?   Answer Question
    • What is one of your favorite possessions and why? What would you change about it if you could?   Answer Question

Network Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

The hiring process was very simple. Just one phone interview with a manager and a senior engineer. Had both technical and behavioral interview. Was almost 45-50 min. Usual behavioral questions and not so difficult technical questions. Got the offer on same day itself by the HR.

NIL

Retail Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T-Mobile in April 2011.

Basic STAR format: Situation/Task, Action, Result. Behavior based job interview.

They have base pay ranges, however they are pretty flexible.

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

Several rounds of interviews starting with phone screen through panel. Be prepared for many internal acronyms, experience in disruptive tech, media or marketing may be helpful now. Brush up on John Legere's online presence, understand the "uncarrier" movement.

Interview Questions
    • How would you drive SOGA (Share of Gross Ads)?   View Answer
    limited, salary capped. now with stock, it might be different.

Product Realization Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

A recruiter from another state contacted me about the job. The first phone interview was with the Senior Manager on the team. The interview was not very technically, more about personality and why you wanted to join the team. After 2 weeks, a second phone interview was set up with the manager I will be working directly with. A week later, an offer was made.

Interview Questions
    There was no salary negotiation, it was an internship.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in March 2011.

Applied online and was sent a mail requesting for an interview about a week later.
    Interview went fine. Was asked specific to my background. On current job and responsibilities.
    Was told will be informed if need to come for a f2f interview if selected. Was informed after 8 weeks that I was not selected.

Senior Consumer Insights Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

My interview with T-Mobile was absolutely the worst experience in my career. It started with a Group/panel interview, but it felt like the inquisition. The questions were designed to trip you up and see where your flaws were as opposed to see how you can fit the culture and what value you can add.

The T-Mobile starting point is that this candidate is fundamentally flawed and that you have the day to prove otherwise. While I was not offered the job, I was actually happy to find out what an unpleasant place T-Mobile must be like to work for.

Also, they ask you to present a key business problem using a real-case example, with company confidential information blacked out, which they say they will return to you after the group panel interview, which they did not.

Also, the kinds of questions they were asking were so tactical and methodology specific that it made me really think that this must be the reason why T-Mobile is in a distant 4th place in the Mobile phone market. They weren't asking the right questions. Bad sign for a company....

Interview Questions
    • How much do you know about discrete choice modeling?   View Answer

Engineer, Technical Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Snoqualmie, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeksinterviewed at T-Mobile in January 2011.

Recruitment process was quite normal and recruiter is a very nice lady from NJ. I completed a screening interview with her, and then transferred to the hiring manager who talked to me honestly and really felt respected when I talked to him. Two weeks later, got info about the in person interview and after finishing the interview with the manager, I had the pleasure to meet the team I worked with later when got hired.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellingham, WA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at T-Mobile in December 2010.

It started off with me filling out an application on their job website. You have also take a skills test at that time too. You'll answer some personality questions and navigate around a mock up of the software they would use for a Call Center CSR position. If they are interested in you they will call you and start the interview process. The interview process is fairly easy and quick. It started off with a phone interview by an internal recruiter. She asked general work experience questions and how my experience applied to this position. If the recruiter finds potential in you he/she will then schedule a face to face interview with you. My case was a little special because I am currently living far away from their call center. What would have been a face to face interview turned into another phone interview with two other recruiters. After that they decided whether they want you in for a 30 minute listening-in session and a final interview. (They do not hire you with out interviewing with you face to face first) The final interview was easy and listening on calls was great because you know right then and there if this is something for you or not. I personally liked it a lot. The overall culture at T-Mobile seems to be exciting and fun. There is a pretty thorough background check you have to pass. The company they outsource this to is called HireRight and they are a bunch of incompetent fools. Just work with them, in the end everything turned out fine and I got an offer which I accepted.

If you want me to be honest, don't waste your time applying for this job if you are not interested in taking an extremely high volume of calls on a daily basis, getting yelled at by strangers or being pushed to sell stuff to people. This position is solely based on performance. Experience is great but if you don't perform to standards you'll have a hard time enjoying this job.

Interview Questions
    There is not negotiation.