T. Rowe Price

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

401k Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2012.

I had a phone interview in March and at the end of the interview, I was asked to attend interview at the headquarters in Maryland. I went for that Interview in early April. It was a typical interview with a good many STAR type questions. I think the interview went very well and was asked when I would be able to start working. I was told they would make a decision in early to mid May. That time came and went and I heard nothing. I think T Rowe Price is a very good company and was hopeful to work there. In ther interim, I received another offer and followed up with the TRP HR person to ask about the status of the decision. After several attempts to contact her, she returned my call to state that they had not made a decision. They were expected to make a decision in the next 2 days. She would call me back at that time. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard a word.. no call, no rejection email or formal letter, etc. This process ended in a very disappointing manner. I have since accepted the other position which is similiar to the one at TRP. If TRP corporate personnel are reading this, you may want to consider the effectiveness of your HR personnel to follow up and communicate on your behalf. I think TRP is a very good company with a great reputation and this was probably an unfortunate luck of the draw with the HR person recruiting for this position.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time where you made an error in judgement and the result?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you experienced difficulty in communicating something.   Answer Question