T. Rowe Price

38 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2013.

Interview Details – I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Question – Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   View Answer

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Question – All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.

Desktop Support Interview

Desktop Support
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2013.

Interview Details – Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

Negotiation Details – No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.

Accounting Department Interview

Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2013.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Interview Question – All STAR questions were used.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Was supposed to interview with immediate supervisor, then hiring manager. The first was a 35-minute phone interview that went well. The second was supposed to be on-site, but the recruiter called three hours before and said not to bother coming in -- they'd talk to me by phone. Interview was very short and abrupt.

Interview Question – Used their own internal lingo -- luckily I understood what they meant from the context.   Answer Question

Investment Fellowship Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

Interview Details – I attended an on-campus interview and am still waiting to hear regarding whether or not I have an offer. The interview was straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions, though I was asked a few basic mental math questions.

The head of the Investment Fellowship program interviewed, alongside a previous member of the Investment Fellowship. Overall their demeanor was great and I had no problem asking them my questions.

Interview Question – "What kind of an investor are you?"   Answer Question

COSS Representative Interview

Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Manager Interview

Manager
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavioral style interview
Business casual environment
Worked mostly with recruiter and HR
Don't negotiate salaries

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Interviews for Top Jobs at T. Rowe Price

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at T. Rowe Price interview questions and advice in Baltimore, MD. All 38 interview reviews posted anonymously by T. Rowe Price employees and interview candidates.