T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in October 2009.

Interview

I was invited to participate in final round interviews in Baltimore, it what is called a "Super Day", along with 8 other finalists. I had a series of 1:1 interviews lasting 30 minutes each, with a 15 minute break in between interviews, where I met with about half of the department I would be working with if I was offered a position. Two days before the interview, the candidates were asked to prepare a company pitch on a company of their choosing, which would be given during one 30 minute session where each candidate had to make a recommendation on the company and defend it.

Interview Questions

• Please tell us 3 strategies you would propose to the management team of company XYZ to improve their performance.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral style

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Straightforward. A little bit frustrating because it took weeks upon weeks for them to contact me between interviews. Great company though. Just slow moving.

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Posted for the position and had a discussion with an HR representative first then had a few interviews with managers in the department.

Interview Questions

• What is your brand   1 Answer
    • Tell me about a time when you had to lead change   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral style interview Business casual environment Worked mostly with recruiter and HR Don't negotiate salaries

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Process was a very well organized, but slow process. The people I interviewed with seemed to be very interested in the interview rather than going through the motions. Not too many difficult questions were asked, a lot of the standard questions. They focused a lot more on the fit of the candidate. Had very good conversations and all of the associates I met were very nice. Positive experience all around.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, just the run of the mill situational questions.   1 Answer

Participant Services Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Was contacted by an HR rep two weeks later. She asked to scheduled a time for a 30-minute phone interview. We set it up for a few days later, a Friday I believe. She called then, went over the position, the base pay, and then we went into interview mode. She asked several questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. Between her questions and my responses plus my questions for her near the end, the interview ended up lasting about an hour. She was very informative and thorough and she didn't make me feel rushed. It was a very positive experience. About a week later she called me for the on-site interview for the following week. The onsite interview consists of an HR presentation (which included the history/background about the company, benefits, and what the position was about in detail) with another HR rep, a tour of the call-center floor, and then a 30-minute interview with two of the hiring managers. Both of my interviewers were very cordial (if a bit stiff), I had a male and a female and they both read their questions off of a script and took notes while I answered them. It was a little intimidating just because they were writing a lot and at points I did not feel like they were really listening to *me*, but just listening for key things they wanted to hear. Overall, I thought the interview went well, but I wasn't selected for an offer, so I am sure they found what they were looking for in someone else. Overall, the experience was okay. It was different from other interviews I have had, so I will take it as a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty communicating to others.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you inspired positive self-development in another person.   Answer Question

401k Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview in March and at the end of the interview, I was asked to attend interview at the headquarters in Maryland. I went for that Interview in early April. It was a typical interview with a good many STAR type questions. I think the interview went very well and was asked when I would be able to start working. I was told they would make a decision in early to mid May. That time came and went and I heard nothing. I think T Rowe Price is a very good company and was hopeful to work there. In ther interim, I received another offer and followed up with the TRP HR person to ask about the status of the decision. After several attempts to contact her, she returned my call to state that they had not made a decision. They were expected to make a decision in the next 2 days. She would call me back at that time. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard a word.. no call, no rejection email or formal letter, etc. This process ended in a very disappointing manner. I have since accepted the other position which is similiar to the one at TRP. If TRP corporate personnel are reading this, you may want to consider the effectiveness of your HR personnel to follow up and communicate on your behalf. I think TRP is a very good company with a great reputation and this was probably an unfortunate luck of the draw with the HR person recruiting for this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made an error in judgement and the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you experienced difficulty in communicating something.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I found out about this internship through my university. The application was straight forward, and they emailed me to schedule an interview promptly. The interview was mainly behavioral, nothing short of expectations.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time where you were unsatisfied with your work.   Answer Question