T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Apr 29, 2015

2.8

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2011.

Interview

I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
    Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
    Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions

• What do you consider a harder subject: Accounting or Finance?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in two years? In ten years?   Answer Question

I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Easy interview not very demanding more of an analysis of ability to work in team.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 8 months financially.   Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

Videographer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2014.

Interview

I was referred by a recruiter and so interviewed with a head of the department. My interviewer was exceedingly enthusiastic and easy to talk to, and didn't ask any tedious "stock" questions, which made the interview feel much more natural, meaningful, and conversational. The process was a breeze and moved very quickly, as all involved seemed decisive and were responsive.

The cons of the process were mainly that it didn't seem as though my interviewer had reviewed my portfolio, (he had little to nothing to say about it other than that it was "great") which made me less secure going forward in how my past work/style/abilities could best suit the department.

Interview Questions

• What was your frequency of output in your last position? (How many deliverables per month/week?)   1 Answer

Negotiation

As I was a contractor, there was no negotiation and I had no idea precisely how much money T. Rowe was paying my recruiter for me, which is a little disorienting.

Mutual Fund Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is simple and quite straight forward. The HR individual was not very cordial which was disappointing. The Interview was also relatively short compared to some of the others I had done (about 1.5 hours for the interview with the hiring managers). All personality based questions. The Owings Mills office did seem very 'collegial' as described during phone interview, and the hours were more then reasonable.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past year to help someone else that was of no gain to you.   Answer Question

Technology Integrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I found an interesting post on the company website - it was close to what I was looking for but not quite. The recruiter called me, we had a nice conversation and she asked if I had seen a different position that would better suited to may talents. She was, indeed, correct. I interviewed with her for over 30 minutes on the phone and then she set up 2 more phone interviews with the hiring manager and department manger. That went very well and I was asked to go to Baltimore for a day of interviews with several people. he day went really well because I was able to not only answer their questions in detail due to my expertise but because they were quite happy to answer mine and walk me through what working at T Rowe is like. They never sugar coated anything. I also knew the salaries where not the best in the industry but that benefits and retirement plans were surpassed by none. They were also VERY excited to have a candidate who wanted to move t Baltimore (a great city, IMHO).
    Over all, it was great day.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions focused on HR systems, my experience implementing them and challenges I inevitably met along the way. How did you handle the system owner who has sure they did not need to change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some negotiation but very little on salary. They are known for this. However, the benefits and moving expenses are fantastic. If they want you, they will get you where you need to be without you doing all the work. Very supportive and give constant guidance.

The retirement benefits are superb, but I would expect that from a company in the business of retirement.

One more nice bit - I was not the oldest person in the room. That has not happened for a LONG time.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

Negotiation

No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview where I interviewed with a senior level executive who I met the previous evening at an information session. It was very laid back since everything she needed to know was on my resume. I asked A LOT of questions about the company to stretch the interview out to 30 minutes. After a week or so I was invited to the Owings Mill campus where I had 3 interviews with employees, a group tour, and a job shadow.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time where you had to demonstrate superior leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question

The pay was too low and they were unwilling to negotiate.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in January 2010.

Interview

Behavioral interview, no technicals.

Retirement Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2008.

Interview

T. Rowe Price first called to do a short phone interview. The main purpose of this interview is to determine your personality over the phone, since the main duty as a Retirement Client Specialist is answering phones 95% of the day to provide customer service. After the phone interview I then had a interview at their headquarters in Ownings Mills, MD where I met with two managers who conducted a 30 minute interview. They ask 3 questions regarding past experiences with customer service.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and the steps you took to resolve the issue.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations with salary.