T. Rowe Price Interview Questions & Reviews in Baltimore, MD

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2009.

It was a phone interview with 4 managers. It took a total of 3 days to schedule the 4 interviews. They asked historical questions such as tell me about your past achievements? Tell me about a time you dealt with a problem client? How have you worked in groups and in teams? There were no knowledge questions, but rather focused on what I have done in school and in my experiences.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer, and I did not attempt to negotiate.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2009.

I was invited to participate in final round interviews in Baltimore, it what is called a "Super Day", along with 8 other finalists. I had a series of 1:1 interviews lasting 30 minutes each, with a 15 minute break in between interviews, where I met with about half of the department I would be working with if I was offered a position. Two days before the interview, the candidates were asked to prepare a company pitch on a company of their choosing, which would be given during one 30 minute session where each candidate had to make a recommendation on the company and defend it.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us 3 strategies you would propose to the management team of company XYZ to improve their performance.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2010.

Behavioral interview, no technicals.

Retirement Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2008.

T. Rowe Price first called to do a short phone interview. The main purpose of this interview is to determine your personality over the phone, since the main duty as a Retirement Client Specialist is answering phones 95% of the day to provide customer service. After the phone interview I then had a interview at their headquarters in Ownings Mills, MD where I met with two managers who conducted a 30 minute interview. They ask 3 questions regarding past experiences with customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and the steps you took to resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    No negotiations with salary.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2010.

Had a greater, helped loosen me up a bit so I didn't go in nervous. As for the interview, standard interview questions... describe yourself... previous conflict and how you handled it. Pretty standard. Interviewer seemed very laid back, and didn't act full of himself like recruiters can.

Interview Questions
    Not much of negotiation. Interns can't get much pull.

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2010.

They saw my resume online and called me asking to set up a time where I could interview with their HR people. I talked to one of the HR Reps, who asked if I could schedule a second interview over the phone the following day with the Call Center Supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for T Rowe Price?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the call center?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2010.

Thorough interview process

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2008.

Had an initial interview with a TRowe employee at my college career center. My second interview consisted of driving to the Owings Mills campus to have two 1:1 interviews with current managers. After the interviews I had several sit-ins with current employees and then a tour of the campus. The interviews were strictly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you encountered a conflict with a coworker or project team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    Unwilling to negotiate on the salary for this position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2010.

I applied online and then recieved a message on my school career page saying that they wanted me to schedule an interview. Interview was very straight forward

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2010.

Received an email shortly after applying online, requesting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled the following week. Phone interview went well and I was told that I was being moved onto the next step in the hiring process. 3 days later I received an email stating that they were going with another candidate. Then I received another email a week later to setup another phone interview. Had the interview that week, and was told I would hear back in a few days. After a week of hearing nothing, I had to call the recruiter and was told that they would get back to me the next week. Received an email that my phone interview was great, but they were going with an internal candidate. 4 weeks of wasted time!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!