T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Jul 21, 2015

2.8

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in February 2014.

Interview

I first came in contact at a career fair at the university in currently attending. I applied through my university's career development program (sending a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript), and got a call back for an interview. A interviewer came on campus, and I interviewed for about 45 minutes. I honestly thought I did poorly in it though (just a mulligan of an interview). They said I would hear back in about 2 weeks for a second interview if I was selected but I didn't hear back, I figured I didn't get selected for the second round. Two months later, I received an email from their HR department asking me to fill out a more thorough interview to "complete your interview process." I thought that was weird because I hadn't heard from them in two months, but I did so. Two days later, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Why investment operations? Why T. Rowe Price? Biggest weaknesses?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, as it is an internship.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   1 Answer

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Was supposed to interview with immediate supervisor, then hiring manager. The first was a 35-minute phone interview that went well. The second was supposed to be on-site, but the recruiter called three hours before and said not to bother coming in -- they'd talk to me by phone. Interview was very short and abrupt.

Interview Questions

• Used their own internal lingo -- luckily I understood what they meant from the context.   Answer Question

Investment Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I attended an on-campus interview and am still waiting to hear regarding whether or not I have an offer. The interview was straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions, though I was asked a few basic mental math questions. The head of the Investment Fellowship program interviewed, alongside a previous member of the Investment Fellowship. Overall their demeanor was great and I had no problem asking them my questions.

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for two days, seeing about six people each day from various areas of the firm. The interviews were thorough but consistently pleasant. Each person I spoke with was very friendly and went out of their way to put me at ease–they gave me a good feeling about the company. There were no "pressure" interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the best kind of work environment for you?   1 Answer

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

Negotiation

No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.