T. Rowe Price

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.8

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2008.

It was during the economic downturn when there were more candidates than job openings so they had a lot of leverage to play with.

It went very smoothly

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2013.

I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   View Answer

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2014.

Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   View Answer
    Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2014.

I first came in contact at a career fair at the university in currently attending. I applied through my university's career development program (sending a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript), and got a call back for an interview.

A interviewer came on campus, and I interviewed for about 45 minutes. I honestly thought I did poorly in it though (just a mulligan of an interview). They said I would hear back in about 2 weeks for a second interview if I was selected but I didn't hear back, I figured I didn't get selected for the second round.

Two months later, I received an email from their HR department asking me to fill out a more thorough interview to "complete your interview process." I thought that was weird because I hadn't heard from them in two months, but I did so. Two days later, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why investment operations?
      Why T. Rowe Price?
      Biggest weaknesses?

Answer Question
    No negotiation, as it is an internship.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screen. Afterwards I had an interview setup within 10 days. I had three 30 minute interviews then spoke with HR afterward. The interviews were relatively laid back and consisted of mostly the basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Take it or leave it type deal.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question
    I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Behavioral style interview
    Business casual environment
    Worked mostly with recruiter and HR
    Don't negotiate salaries

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2013.

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Investment Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

I attended an on-campus interview and am still waiting to hear regarding whether or not I have an offer. The interview was straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions, though I was asked a few basic mental math questions.

The head of the Investment Fellowship program interviewed, alongside a previous member of the Investment Fellowship. Overall their demeanor was great and I had no problem asking them my questions.