T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.7

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in December 2013.

Interview

I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   1 Answer

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in May 2013.

Interview

Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

Negotiation

No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

Was supposed to interview with immediate supervisor, then hiring manager. The first was a 35-minute phone interview that went well. The second was supposed to be on-site, but the recruiter called three hours before and said not to bother coming in -- they'd talk to me by phone. Interview was very short and abrupt.

Interview Questions

• Used their own internal lingo -- luckily I understood what they meant from the context.   Answer Question

Investment Fellowship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in October 2013.

Interview

I attended an on-campus interview and am still waiting to hear regarding whether or not I have an offer. The interview was straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions, though I was asked a few basic mental math questions.

The head of the Investment Fellowship program interviewed, alongside a previous member of the Investment Fellowship. Overall their demeanor was great and I had no problem asking them my questions.

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

Negotiation

No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral style interview
    Business casual environment
    Worked mostly with recruiter and HR
    Don't negotiate salaries

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Questions

• All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Business Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in January 2009.

Interview

Easy interview not very demanding more of an analysis of ability to work in team.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in the next 8 months financially.   Answer Question