T. Rowe Price

40 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Manager Interview

Manager
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavioral style interview
Business casual environment
Worked mostly with recruiter and HR
Don't negotiate salaries

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2009.

Interview Details – Easy interview not very demanding more of an analysis of ability to work in team.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 8 months financially.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavioral style

Interview Question – Why do you think you are ready for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was during the economic downturn when there were more candidates than job openings so they had a lot of leverage to play with.

Interview Question – Where do you plan to be in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It went very smoothly

Manager Interview

Manager
Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2012.

Interview Details – Process was a very well organized, but slow process. The people I interviewed with seemed to be very interested in the interview rather than going through the motions. Not too many difficult questions were asked, a lot of the standard questions. They focused a lot more on the fit of the candidate. Had very good conversations and all of the associates I met were very nice. Positive experience all around.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, just the run of the mill situational questions.   View Answer

401k Associate Interview

401k Associate
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2012.

Interview Details – I had a phone interview in March and at the end of the interview, I was asked to attend interview at the headquarters in Maryland. I went for that Interview in early April. It was a typical interview with a good many STAR type questions. I think the interview went very well and was asked when I would be able to start working. I was told they would make a decision in early to mid May. That time came and went and I heard nothing. I think T Rowe Price is a very good company and was hopeful to work there. In ther interim, I received another offer and followed up with the TRP HR person to ask about the status of the decision. After several attempts to contact her, she returned my call to state that they had not made a decision. They were expected to make a decision in the next 2 days. She would call me back at that time. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard a word.. no call, no rejection email or formal letter, etc. This process ended in a very disappointing manner. I have since accepted the other position which is similiar to the one at TRP. If TRP corporate personnel are reading this, you may want to consider the effectiveness of your HR personnel to follow up and communicate on your behalf. I think TRP is a very good company with a great reputation and this was probably an unfortunate luck of the draw with the HR person recruiting for this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made an error in judgement and the result?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you experienced difficulty in communicating something.   Answer Question

Participant Services Center Representative Interview

Participant Services Center Representative
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online on their website. Was contacted by an HR rep two weeks later. She asked to scheduled a time for a 30-minute phone interview. We set it up for a few days later, a Friday I believe. She called then, went over the position, the base pay, and then we went into interview mode. She asked several questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. Between her questions and my responses plus my questions for her near the end, the interview ended up lasting about an hour. She was very informative and thorough and she didn't make me feel rushed. It was a very positive experience.

About a week later she called me for the on-site interview for the following week. The onsite interview consists of an HR presentation (which included the history/background about the company, benefits, and what the position was about in detail) with another HR rep, a tour of the call-center floor, and then a 30-minute interview with two of the hiring managers. Both of my interviewers were very cordial (if a bit stiff), I had a male and a female and they both read their questions off of a script and took notes while I answered them. It was a little intimidating just because they were writing a lot and at points I did not feel like they were really listening to *me*, but just listening for key things they wanted to hear. Overall, I thought the interview went well, but I wasn't selected for an offer, so I am sure they found what they were looking for in someone else.

Overall, the experience was okay. It was different from other interviews I have had, so I will take it as a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty communicating to others.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you inspired positive self-development in another person.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Associate
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to a position in mid March and received a phone call from Human Resources about 4 days later. The phone call with the HR rep was typical, asking questions about my resume and why did I want to work for TRP. I was scheduled for an interview on campus for 2 weeks in the future. The on-campus interview lasted about two hours, and the first hour consisted of an HR presentation about TRP benefits and a tour. The second hour was a two person panel interview, and I was asked about 7 Behavioral type questions, where a STAR response was helpful. Questions were typical for this type as well. I thought my interview went okay (I'm not the best interviewee) but I made sure to maintain a smile and a high energy level. I was told I would hear something within the next week or two.

I hadn't heard anything closing on to three weeks after the interview so I reached out to HR by email, just looking for an update. A few days later, three weeks to the day, I was offered a conditional offer.

Interview Question – Talk about a time when you worked with a difficult client/customer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2011.

Interview Details – Straightforward. A little bit frustrating because it took weeks upon weeks for them to contact me between interviews. Great company though. Just slow moving.

Interview Question – What does your ideal portfolio look like?   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at T. Rowe Price