T. Rowe Price

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2012.

I applied to a position in mid March and received a phone call from Human Resources about 4 days later. The phone call with the HR rep was typical, asking questions about my resume and why did I want to work for TRP. I was scheduled for an interview on campus for 2 weeks in the future. The on-campus interview lasted about two hours, and the first hour consisted of an HR presentation about TRP benefits and a tour. The second hour was a two person panel interview, and I was asked about 7 Behavioral type questions, where a STAR response was helpful. Questions were typical for this type as well. I thought my interview went okay (I'm not the best interviewee) but I made sure to maintain a smile and a high energy level. I was told I would hear something within the next week or two.

I hadn't heard anything closing on to three weeks after the interview so I reached out to HR by email, just looking for an update. A few days later, three weeks to the day, I was offered a conditional offer.

Interview Questions
    • Talk about a time when you worked with a difficult client/customer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2011.

Straightforward. A little bit frustrating because it took weeks upon weeks for them to contact me between interviews. Great company though. Just slow moving.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2011.

Applied directly on website and received e-mail to coordinate a phone interview a few days later. Phone call was mostly going over my current experience and resume details. It lasted roughly an hour at which point I was invited to come in for a full day of interviewing in their offices in Baltimore (they paid for transportation and offered hotel but I didn't require it). I interviewed with 8 people about 2 weeks later (would have been sooner but there were scheduling issues on both sides). Interviews were of medium intensity with difficult finance questions being sparse and open-ended. Lasted from 9am till about 3pm (there was a lunch interview as well with an employee in the position I would be taking). Overall, very pleasant group of people and I enjoyed interviewing with them. Alas, I was turned down in a very polite and helpful manner (they gave feedback). Looks like a great company to work for and highly recommend anyone to apply for positions there.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to own a small portfolio from today till retirement, which holdings would it consist of?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important quality to determine a company's value?   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2011.

The interview process is simple and quite straight forward. The HR individual was not very cordial which was disappointing. The Interview was also relatively short compared to some of the others I had done (about 1.5 hours for the interview with the hiring managers). All personality based questions. The Owings Mills office did seem very 'collegial' as described during phone interview, and the hours were more then reasonable.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in the past year to help someone else that was of no gain to you.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2011.

I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
    Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
    Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider a harder subject: Accounting or Finance?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in two years? In ten years?   Answer Question

I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Email Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2010.

Recruiter contacted T.Rowe and set up interview with 3rd party.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with Web email development/product specific?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2010.

For a significant player in the financial space, the Marketing Department was very average. Interviewed over the course of 5-6 hours for a management level position. Had to interview with five different marketers, each less impressive than the next. No creative juice. Just personnel that had figured out how to keep their job's till the next week. None were well versed in any digital tactics and the operating system was circa 1990. No drive to stand-out and be thought leaders. Also, no one was direct with the questioning, which helped to expose them of their lack of knowledge.

Interview Questions

Would Be like working in an accounting department, but without the creativity.

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2010.

Applied online for several positions. I was called by and HR representative who scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview on site in which I interviewed with three separate managers/supervisors. Questions consisted of mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you worked in a group or a team environment and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe the process of completing a project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Salaries are pretty much set but they are negotiable within a range. KNOW WHAT THE SALARY RANGE IS! This way you will be in a better situation to negotiate. Also know what your time is worth.

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2010.

Applied for the position online at TRowe.com, was called by a recruiter who asked me to come in for an interview. Interview was with two persons who asked me several behavioral questions. I have not yet heard back from T.Rowe as to whether I have the job or not.

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2010.

Received an email shortly after applying online, requesting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled the following week. Phone interview went well and I was told that I was being moved onto the next step in the hiring process. 3 days later I received an email stating that they were going with another candidate. Then I received another email a week later to setup another phone interview. Had the interview that week, and was told I would hear back in a few days. After a week of hearing nothing, I had to call the recruiter and was told that they would get back to me the next week. Received an email that my phone interview was great, but they were going with an internal candidate. 4 weeks of wasted time!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question