T. Rowe Price

2.8

44 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Was supposed to interview with immediate supervisor, then hiring manager. The first was a 35-minute phone interview that went well. The second was supposed to be on-site, but the recruiter called three hours before and said not to bother coming in -- they'd talk to me by phone. Interview was very short and abrupt.

Interview Questions
    • Used their own internal lingo -- luckily I understood what they meant from the context.   Answer Question

Accounting Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2013.

Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2009.

It was a phone interview with 4 managers. It took a total of 3 days to schedule the 4 interviews. They asked historical questions such as tell me about your past achievements? Tell me about a time you dealt with a problem client? How have you worked in groups and in teams? There were no knowledge questions, but rather focused on what I have done in school and in my experiences.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer, and I did not attempt to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2011.

Applied directly on website and received e-mail to coordinate a phone interview a few days later. Phone call was mostly going over my current experience and resume details. It lasted roughly an hour at which point I was invited to come in for a full day of interviewing in their offices in Baltimore (they paid for transportation and offered hotel but I didn't require it). I interviewed with 8 people about 2 weeks later (would have been sooner but there were scheduling issues on both sides). Interviews were of medium intensity with difficult finance questions being sparse and open-ended. Lasted from 9am till about 3pm (there was a lunch interview as well with an employee in the position I would be taking). Overall, very pleasant group of people and I enjoyed interviewing with them. Alas, I was turned down in a very polite and helpful manner (they gave feedback). Looks like a great company to work for and highly recommend anyone to apply for positions there.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to own a small portfolio from today till retirement, which holdings would it consist of?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important quality to determine a company's value?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2010.

Had a greater, helped loosen me up a bit so I didn't go in nervous. As for the interview, standard interview questions... describe yourself... previous conflict and how you handled it. Pretty standard. Interviewer seemed very laid back, and didn't act full of himself like recruiters can.

Interview Questions
    Not much of negotiation. Interns can't get much pull.

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2010.

They saw my resume online and called me asking to set up a time where I could interview with their HR people. I talked to one of the HR Reps, who asked if I could schedule a second interview over the phone the following day with the Call Center Supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for T Rowe Price?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the call center?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2010.

Thorough interview process

Operations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2010.

Received an email shortly after applying online, requesting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled the following week. Phone interview went well and I was told that I was being moved onto the next step in the hiring process. 3 days later I received an email stating that they were going with another candidate. Then I received another email a week later to setup another phone interview. Had the interview that week, and was told I would hear back in a few days. After a week of hearing nothing, I had to call the recruiter and was told that they would get back to me the next week. Received an email that my phone interview was great, but they were going with an internal candidate. 4 weeks of wasted time!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2010.

Applied for the position online at TRowe.com, was called by a recruiter who asked me to come in for an interview. Interview was with two persons who asked me several behavioral questions. I have not yet heard back from T.Rowe as to whether I have the job or not.

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2010.

Applied online for several positions. I was called by and HR representative who scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview on site in which I interviewed with three separate managers/supervisors. Questions consisted of mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you worked in a group or a team environment and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe the process of completing a project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Salaries are pretty much set but they are negotiable within a range. KNOW WHAT THE SALARY RANGE IS! This way you will be in a better situation to negotiate. Also know what your time is worth.