T. Rowe Price Interview Questions & Reviews in Baltimore, MD

41 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2009.

It was a phone interview with 4 managers. It took a total of 3 days to schedule the 4 interviews. They asked historical questions such as tell me about your past achievements? Tell me about a time you dealt with a problem client? How have you worked in groups and in teams? There were no knowledge questions, but rather focused on what I have done in school and in my experiences.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer, and I did not attempt to negotiate.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2011.

Applied directly on website and received e-mail to coordinate a phone interview a few days later. Phone call was mostly going over my current experience and resume details. It lasted roughly an hour at which point I was invited to come in for a full day of interviewing in their offices in Baltimore (they paid for transportation and offered hotel but I didn't require it). I interviewed with 8 people about 2 weeks later (would have been sooner but there were scheduling issues on both sides). Interviews were of medium intensity with difficult finance questions being sparse and open-ended. Lasted from 9am till about 3pm (there was a lunch interview as well with an employee in the position I would be taking). Overall, very pleasant group of people and I enjoyed interviewing with them. Alas, I was turned down in a very polite and helpful manner (they gave feedback). Looks like a great company to work for and highly recommend anyone to apply for positions there.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to own a small portfolio from today till retirement, which holdings would it consist of?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important quality to determine a company's value?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2010.

Had a greater, helped loosen me up a bit so I didn't go in nervous. As for the interview, standard interview questions... describe yourself... previous conflict and how you handled it. Pretty standard. Interviewer seemed very laid back, and didn't act full of himself like recruiters can.

Interview Questions
    Not much of negotiation. Interns can't get much pull.

Participant Services Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2010.

They saw my resume online and called me asking to set up a time where I could interview with their HR people. I talked to one of the HR Reps, who asked if I could schedule a second interview over the phone the following day with the Call Center Supervisor.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for T Rowe Price?   View Answer
    • Why do you want to work in the call center?   View Answer

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2010.

Thorough interview process

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2010.

Received an email shortly after applying online, requesting to setup a phone interview. Phone interview was scheduled the following week. Phone interview went well and I was told that I was being moved onto the next step in the hiring process. 3 days later I received an email stating that they were going with another candidate. Then I received another email a week later to setup another phone interview. Had the interview that week, and was told I would hear back in a few days. After a week of hearing nothing, I had to call the recruiter and was told that they would get back to me the next week. Received an email that my phone interview was great, but they were going with an internal candidate. 4 weeks of wasted time!

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 1 week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2010.

Applied for the position online at TRowe.com, was called by a recruiter who asked me to come in for an interview. Interview was with two persons who asked me several behavioral questions. I have not yet heard back from T.Rowe as to whether I have the job or not.

Fund Accounting Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2010.

Applied online for several positions. I was called by and HR representative who scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview on site in which I interviewed with three separate managers/supervisors. Questions consisted of mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a situation where you worked in a group or a team environment and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    • Describe the process of completing a project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
    Salaries are pretty much set but they are negotiable within a range. KNOW WHAT THE SALARY RANGE IS! This way you will be in a better situation to negotiate. Also know what your time is worth.

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2010.

For a significant player in the financial space, the Marketing Department was very average. Interviewed over the course of 5-6 hours for a management level position. Had to interview with five different marketers, each less impressive than the next. No creative juice. Just personnel that had figured out how to keep their job's till the next week. None were well versed in any digital tactics and the operating system was circa 1990. No drive to stand-out and be thought leaders. Also, no one was direct with the questioning, which helped to expose them of their lack of knowledge.

Interview Questions

Would Be like working in an accounting department, but without the creativity.

Email Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2010.

Recruiter contacted T.Rowe and set up interview with 3rd party.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with Web email development/product specific?   Answer Question