T. Rowe Price

41 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2011.

Interview Details – Straightforward. A little bit frustrating because it took weeks upon weeks for them to contact me between interviews. Great company though. Just slow moving.

Interview Question – What does your ideal portfolio look like?   Answer Question

Mutual Fund Accounting Associate Interview

Mutual Fund Accounting Associate
Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process is simple and quite straight forward. The HR individual was not very cordial which was disappointing. The Interview was also relatively short compared to some of the others I had done (about 1.5 hours for the interview with the hiring managers). All personality based questions. The Owings Mills office did seem very 'collegial' as described during phone interview, and the hours were more then reasonable.

Interview Question – What have you done in the past year to help someone else that was of no gain to you.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Analyst
Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2011.

Interview Details – Applied directly on website and received e-mail to coordinate a phone interview a few days later. Phone call was mostly going over my current experience and resume details. It lasted roughly an hour at which point I was invited to come in for a full day of interviewing in their offices in Baltimore (they paid for transportation and offered hotel but I didn't require it). I interviewed with 8 people about 2 weeks later (would have been sooner but there were scheduling issues on both sides). Interviews were of medium intensity with difficult finance questions being sparse and open-ended. Lasted from 9am till about 3pm (there was a lunch interview as well with an employee in the position I would be taking). Overall, very pleasant group of people and I enjoyed interviewing with them. Alas, I was turned down in a very polite and helpful manner (they gave feedback). Looks like a great company to work for and highly recommend anyone to apply for positions there.

Interview Questions

• If you were to own a small portfolio from today till retirement, which holdings would it consist of?   Answer Question
  • What is the most important quality to determine a company's value?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview where I interviewed with a senior level executive who I met the previous evening at an information session. It was very laid back since everything she needed to know was on my resume. I asked A LOT of questions about the company to stretch the interview out to 30 minutes. After a week or so I was invited to the Owings Mill campus where I had 3 interviews with employees, a group tour, and a job shadow.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The pay was too low and they were unwilling to negotiate.

Very Easy Interview

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Investment Operations Associate
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Manager Interview

Manager
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2010.

Interview Details – Posted for the position and had a discussion with an HR representative first then had a few interviews with managers in the department.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Investment Operations Associate
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2009.

Interview Details – behavioral questions exclusively. they really wanted to see how you could operate within a team enviornment.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you faced a difficulty and overcame it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Email Developer Interview

Email Developer
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2010.

Interview Details – Recruiter contacted T.Rowe and set up interview with 3rd party.

Interview Question – What experience do you have with Web email development/product specific?   Answer Question

Marketing Interview

Marketing
Owings Mills, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2010.

Interview Details – For a significant player in the financial space, the Marketing Department was very average. Interviewed over the course of 5-6 hours for a management level position. Had to interview with five different marketers, each less impressive than the next. No creative juice. Just personnel that had figured out how to keep their job's till the next week. None were well versed in any digital tactics and the operating system was circa 1990. No drive to stand-out and be thought leaders. Also, no one was direct with the questioning, which helped to expose them of their lack of knowledge.

Interview Question – How do you run a marketing campaign?   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Would Be like working in an accounting department, but without the creativity.

Fund Accounting Interview

Fund Accounting
Owings Mills, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online for several positions. I was called by and HR representative who scheduled a phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for an interview on site in which I interviewed with three separate managers/supervisors. Questions consisted of mainly behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you worked in a group or a team environment and what was the outcome?   Answer Question
  • Describe the process of completing a project and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Salaries are pretty much set but they are negotiable within a range. KNOW WHAT THE SALARY RANGE IS! This way you will be in a better situation to negotiate. Also know what your time is worth.