T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.7

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral style

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

IT Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in June 2008.

Interview

It was during the economic downturn when there were more candidates than job openings so they had a lot of leverage to play with.

Interview Questions

• Where do you plan to be in 5 years   1 Answer

Negotiation

It went very smoothly

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in May 2012.

Interview

Process was a very well organized, but slow process. The people I interviewed with seemed to be very interested in the interview rather than going through the motions. Not too many difficult questions were asked, a lot of the standard questions. They focused a lot more on the fit of the candidate. Had very good conversations and all of the associates I met were very nice. Positive experience all around.

Interview Questions

• There were no unexpected questions, just the run of the mill situational questions.   1 Answer

401k Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

I had a phone interview in March and at the end of the interview, I was asked to attend interview at the headquarters in Maryland. I went for that Interview in early April. It was a typical interview with a good many STAR type questions. I think the interview went very well and was asked when I would be able to start working. I was told they would make a decision in early to mid May. That time came and went and I heard nothing. I think T Rowe Price is a very good company and was hopeful to work there. In ther interim, I received another offer and followed up with the TRP HR person to ask about the status of the decision. After several attempts to contact her, she returned my call to state that they had not made a decision. They were expected to make a decision in the next 2 days. She would call me back at that time. That was 2 weeks ago and I have not heard a word.. no call, no rejection email or formal letter, etc. This process ended in a very disappointing manner. I have since accepted the other position which is similiar to the one at TRP. If TRP corporate personnel are reading this, you may want to consider the effectiveness of your HR personnel to follow up and communicate on your behalf. I think TRP is a very good company with a great reputation and this was probably an unfortunate luck of the draw with the HR person recruiting for this position.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you made an error in judgement and the result?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time where you experienced difficulty in communicating something.   Answer Question

Participant Services Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2012.

Interview

Applied online on their website. Was contacted by an HR rep two weeks later. She asked to scheduled a time for a 30-minute phone interview. We set it up for a few days later, a Friday I believe. She called then, went over the position, the base pay, and then we went into interview mode. She asked several questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. Between her questions and my responses plus my questions for her near the end, the interview ended up lasting about an hour. She was very informative and thorough and she didn't make me feel rushed. It was a very positive experience.

About a week later she called me for the on-site interview for the following week. The onsite interview consists of an HR presentation (which included the history/background about the company, benefits, and what the position was about in detail) with another HR rep, a tour of the call-center floor, and then a 30-minute interview with two of the hiring managers. Both of my interviewers were very cordial (if a bit stiff), I had a male and a female and they both read their questions off of a script and took notes while I answered them. It was a little intimidating just because they were writing a lot and at points I did not feel like they were really listening to *me*, but just listening for key things they wanted to hear. Overall, I thought the interview went well, but I wasn't selected for an offer, so I am sure they found what they were looking for in someone else.

Overall, the experience was okay. It was different from other interviews I have had, so I will take it as a learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had difficulty communicating to others.   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when you inspired positive self-development in another person.   Answer Question

Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2012.

Interview

I applied to a position in mid March and received a phone call from Human Resources about 4 days later. The phone call with the HR rep was typical, asking questions about my resume and why did I want to work for TRP. I was scheduled for an interview on campus for 2 weeks in the future. The on-campus interview lasted about two hours, and the first hour consisted of an HR presentation about TRP benefits and a tour. The second hour was a two person panel interview, and I was asked about 7 Behavioral type questions, where a STAR response was helpful. Questions were typical for this type as well. I thought my interview went okay (I'm not the best interviewee) but I made sure to maintain a smile and a high energy level. I was told I would hear something within the next week or two.

I hadn't heard anything closing on to three weeks after the interview so I reached out to HR by email, just looking for an update. A few days later, three weeks to the day, I was offered a conditional offer.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time when you worked with a difficult client/customer?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in July 2011.

Interview

Straightforward. A little bit frustrating because it took weeks upon weeks for them to contact me between interviews. Great company though. Just slow moving.

Mutual Fund Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

The interview process is simple and quite straight forward. The HR individual was not very cordial which was disappointing. The Interview was also relatively short compared to some of the others I had done (about 1.5 hours for the interview with the hiring managers). All personality based questions. The Owings Mills office did seem very 'collegial' as described during phone interview, and the hours were more then reasonable.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in the past year to help someone else that was of no gain to you.   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

Applied directly on website and received e-mail to coordinate a phone interview a few days later. Phone call was mostly going over my current experience and resume details. It lasted roughly an hour at which point I was invited to come in for a full day of interviewing in their offices in Baltimore (they paid for transportation and offered hotel but I didn't require it). I interviewed with 8 people about 2 weeks later (would have been sooner but there were scheduling issues on both sides). Interviews were of medium intensity with difficult finance questions being sparse and open-ended. Lasted from 9am till about 3pm (there was a lunch interview as well with an employee in the position I would be taking). Overall, very pleasant group of people and I enjoyed interviewing with them. Alas, I was turned down in a very polite and helpful manner (they gave feedback). Looks like a great company to work for and highly recommend anyone to apply for positions there.

Interview Questions

• If you were to own a small portfolio from today till retirement, which holdings would it consist of?   Answer Question
    • What is the most important quality to determine a company's value?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in March 2010.

Interview

It was an on-campus interview where I interviewed with a senior level executive who I met the previous evening at an information session. It was very laid back since everything she needed to know was on my resume. I asked A LOT of questions about the company to stretch the interview out to 30 minutes. After a week or so I was invited to the Owings Mill campus where I had 3 interviews with employees, a group tour, and a job shadow.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a time where you had to demonstrate superior leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question

The pay was too low and they were unwilling to negotiate.