T. Rowe Price Interview Questions in Baltimore, MD

Updated Oct 23, 2014

2.8

Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2010.

For a significant player in the financial space, the Marketing Department was very average. Interviewed over the course of 5-6 hours for a management level position. Had to interview with five different marketers, each less impressive than the next. No creative juice. Just personnel that had figured out how to keep their job's till the next week. None were well versed in any digital tactics and the operating system was circa 1990. No drive to stand-out and be thought leaders. Also, no one was direct with the questioning, which helped to expose them of their lack of knowledge.

Interview Questions

Would Be like working in an accounting department, but without the creativity.

Email Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2010.

Recruiter contacted T.Rowe and set up interview with 3rd party.

Interview Questions
    • What experience do you have with Web email development/product specific?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2009.

behavioral questions exclusively. they really wanted to see how you could operate within a team enviornment.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you faced a difficulty and overcame it?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

Portfolio Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2008.

Had an initial interview with a TRowe employee at my college career center. My second interview consisted of driving to the Owings Mills campus to have two 1:1 interviews with current managers. After the interviews I had several sit-ins with current employees and then a tour of the campus. The interviews were strictly behavioral.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time you encountered a conflict with a coworker or project team member and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in 5-10 years?   Answer Question
    Unwilling to negotiate on the salary for this position.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2010.

I applied online and then recieved a message on my school career page saying that they wanted me to schedule an interview. Interview was very straight forward

Mutual Fund Accounting Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2011.

The interview process is simple and quite straight forward. The HR individual was not very cordial which was disappointing. The Interview was also relatively short compared to some of the others I had done (about 1.5 hours for the interview with the hiring managers). All personality based questions. The Owings Mills office did seem very 'collegial' as described during phone interview, and the hours were more then reasonable.

Interview Questions
    • What have you done in the past year to help someone else that was of no gain to you.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2010.

It was an on-campus interview where I interviewed with a senior level executive who I met the previous evening at an information session. It was very laid back since everything she needed to know was on my resume. I asked A LOT of questions about the company to stretch the interview out to 30 minutes. After a week or so I was invited to the Owings Mill campus where I had 3 interviews with employees, a group tour, and a job shadow.

Interview Questions
    • Please describe a time where you had to demonstrate superior leadership.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time when you failed.   Answer Question

The pay was too low and they were unwilling to negotiate.

Summer Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2010.

Behavioral interview, no technicals.

Retirement Client Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2008.

T. Rowe Price first called to do a short phone interview. The main purpose of this interview is to determine your personality over the phone, since the main duty as a Retirement Client Specialist is answering phones 95% of the day to provide customer service. After the phone interview I then had a interview at their headquarters in Ownings Mills, MD where I met with two managers who conducted a 30 minute interview. They ask 3 questions regarding past experiences with customer service.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and the steps you took to resolve the issue.   Answer Question
    No negotiations with salary.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2013.

Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.