T. Rowe Price

Updated Dec 8, 2014
Updated Dec 8, 2014

2.8

Retail Investment Services Associate Interview

Two interviewers, behavioral and experiential questions, long time to get the initial call for an interview. Reasonably prompt offer after completing the interview day. Packet mailed with offer details and all the benefits

Interview Questions
    You were limited on changes

Investments Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2014.

Phone Screening this November. I received a call from the recruiter. I was asked pretty standard questions. Walked through my resume and qualifications. I was asked for points of interest and if I had any questions about the firm. Very professional.

Analyst Interview

What do you know about investments? They wanted to know whether you had any practical experience in investing stocks. Unfortunately I did not have much background in investing so I could not answer that question very well.

Investment Specialist Interview

Difficult because it was a panel. The interview took about an hour and a half. Not what I was expecting. Not the greatest company. They need to work on their hiring dynamic. It took about 3 weeks to finally get my denial. Wasnt worth the effort. Maybe I shouldn't try it again.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Applied through my school careers services website. Heard back a week later. They told me they were going to be on campus the next day and to schedule an interview with them at a designated time slot as soon as possible on the career services website. The interview itself lasted about 30 minutes and was all behavioral questions. They asked questions like "what do you think is your best strength is?", "what are your weaknesses?", "when did you work with a group that you had trouble working with and how did you handle the situation?", "why T Rowe price?" and then questions about your resume/work experience. Overall it was a good interview experience, there wasn't an interview question that I didn't think they would ask.

Interview Questions
    • Why would you be the perfect fit for this position as an investment operations associate?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I found out about this internship through my university. The application was straight forward, and they emailed me to schedule an interview promptly. The interview was mainly behavioral, nothing short of expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were unsatisfied with your work.   Answer Question

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

I applied in-person – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2014.

Behavioral Style Questions - 4-5 questions.

Prepare for a comfortable experience. Most T. Rowe managers are not intimidating and will put you at ease. Be sure to prepare a good background of yourself, including your education and professional experiences. There may be a role-play which deals with asking open-ended questions to better understand the situation.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a grey area. How did you handle it?   Answer Question
    No salary negotiation. Relocation package offered only if 50 miles or more distance from current residence.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2014.

I recently had an interview with T.Rowe Price for the Investment Operations Associate Position. The first question she asked was have I taken any courses in finance and accounting. Having knowledge in these two courses is very important as they go hand-in-hand for the position.

Retail Investment Associate Interview

Interview was straight forward with your typical customer service questions. Ask what I liked/dislike about my old job. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. tell me how you handled a difficult situation

Interview Questions
    • Why you questions. The simple, straight questions always make me over thin   Answer Question

Investment Specialist-Personal Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2014.

I applied through their website, 2 weeks later the recruiter call and screened me. Set up a phone interview and then a second in person interview. Typical behavioral questions. They said I was an early candidate for the position and it wouldn't start for 7 weeks. I kept in contact who the recruiter. After 6 weeks the recruiter said that they wanted to offer me a position but so many internal employees had filled the limited positions that were available. She asked me if I was interested in another position and I went through the interview process again.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to handle a very irate customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer and you accept.