T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.8

Retirement Plan Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Panel- Behavioral questions. I was brought in on a contract. They liked my work ethics offered me a permanent position. I completed the application & had an interview scheduled within a week. Interview process was pretty easy for me.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD).

Interview

ne phone screen, a couple of in person interviews - mainly technology focused and then a ft interview. 2 of the interviewers were great, one was a bozo. But overall its good. Some old ED level folks are wayyy out of touch with the market/tech stack though.

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was based on behavioral questions with two mangers in an casual environment. The managers were nice, and were looking for detailed answers. They asked a total of about 5 questions, and in the end told me that I should hear something in regards to the position in two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer?   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

I first has a phone interview, that was out of the blue and not scheduled. Then, I visited the campus for a final interview and talked to 3 separate people on the internal audit team. Everyone was extremely friendly, but all ask the same questions. No one ever contacted me after interviewing which was odd.

Associate Analyst Interview

Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by a final super day (6 interviews) in Baltimore. Resume walk through, behavioral and personality questions such as how you would deal with certain hypothetical situations. Be able to describe how you think about investments and have at least a couple companies you know a lot about. Reading the Wall Street journal consistently before the interview is also helpful so that they know you pay attention to the investment world. Also be able to describe why t rowe, as opposed to a Fido or other mutual fund.

Interview Questions

• What's the largest hurdle you have faced in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Service Associate 401k Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2015.

Interview

Will give an over the phone interview centered around personality questions followed by an face to face interview setup usually directly after you complete the phone interview if you passed. Also requires an FBI background check so that's nothing that they won't be aware of including expunged records. Be up front about anything that could be potentially detrimental to the position applied for. The company is very big on customer service and teamwork so all answers should be centered around these areas

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an ipset or angry customer.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2015.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting. I applied through University Career website, had an on-campus interview. The recruiter asked me questions about my interest in the position and investing. He asked whether or not I believe in active management. Interview was straight forward. I heard back in two weeks.

Summer Associate Interview

Interview

i was introduced through an employee referral. they were very quick to reach out to me and set up an interview. first round was a 25 minute phone interview, the person called late and seemed very rushed to get through interviews. once I did my interview I was told I would hear back in a week or week and a half, but it took longer than that to find out.

Interview Questions

• there was nothing difficult at all. just some basic questions about myself and things I am interested in   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Submitted application online got phone interview in about a week. In person interview occurred about a week later, two people interviewed me. Interviewers asked around 5 question total little to no eye contact.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had someone respond negatively to feedback   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in January 2015.

Interview

Applied online, was sent email for online assessment. Did assessment then got call from recruiter, brief phone screen, then FTF interview set up. I was interviewed by two people. As with most interview's today, was asked behavioral questions. Was told two weeks and I'd get email or phone call. Never got email or phone call so I sent an email for update. Got an email the next day saying that they were pursuing other candidates. Interview lasted about 1.5 hours including tour of the facility. Nice facility, but still a call center no matter how you dress it up. Cubicles and tied to the phone all day.

Job paid 36,000 a year. Not bad, but not great. Have to pass two exams during training or you lose your job. Everyone was nice enough. Surprised I did not get an offer, especially since two people I used to work with are currently employed with USAA; those two people had a poor work ethic-constantly taking breaks and knew little regarding the job they were paid to perform.

All in all, just another call center job with better onsite facilities(Gym and cafeteria) than most.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when a co workers priority was not the same as yours? Name a time when a customer called in didn't know what they wanted? Explain a time when you went above an beyond.   Answer Question