T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

Updated Oct 18, 2014

2.8

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I found out about this internship through my university. The application was straight forward, and they emailed me to schedule an interview promptly. The interview was mainly behavioral, nothing short of expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were unsatisfied with your work.   Answer Question

Retail Investment Associate Interview

Interview was straight forward with your typical customer service questions. Ask what I liked/dislike about my old job. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. tell me how you handled a difficult situation

Interview Questions
    • Why you questions. The simple, straight questions always make me over thin   Answer Question

Investment Specialist-Personal Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2014.

I applied through their website, 2 weeks later the recruiter call and screened me. Set up a phone interview and then a second in person interview. Typical behavioral questions. They said I was an early candidate for the position and it wouldn't start for 7 weeks. I kept in contact who the recruiter. After 6 weeks the recruiter said that they wanted to offer me a position but so many internal employees had filled the limited positions that were available. She asked me if I was interested in another position and I went through the interview process again.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to handle a very irate customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer and you accept.

Internal Audit Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Applied online and received a phone interview with HR. Was called back to schedule an in office interview. They cancelled on me the day before me and said that they had already hired someone.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screen. Afterwards I had an interview setup within 10 days. I had three 30 minute interviews then spoke with HR afterward. The interviews were relatively laid back and consisted of mostly the basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Take it or leave it type deal.

Technology Integrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2014.

I found an interesting post on the company website - it was close to what I was looking for but not quite. The recruiter called me, we had a nice conversation and she asked if I had seen a different position that would better suited to may talents. She was, indeed, correct. I interviewed with her for over 30 minutes on the phone and then she set up 2 more phone interviews with the hiring manager and department manger. That went very well and I was asked to go to Baltimore for a day of interviews with several people. he day went really well because I was able to not only answer their questions in detail due to my expertise but because they were quite happy to answer mine and walk me through what working at T Rowe is like. They never sugar coated anything. I also knew the salaries where not the best in the industry but that benefits and retirement plans were surpassed by none. They were also VERY excited to have a candidate who wanted to move t Baltimore (a great city, IMHO).
    Over all, it was great day.

Interview Questions
    • Technical questions focused on HR systems, my experience implementing them and challenges I inevitably met along the way. How did you handle the system owner who has sure they did not need to change?   View Answer
    Some negotiation but very little on salary. They are known for this. However, the benefits and moving expenses are fantastic. If they want you, they will get you where you need to be without you doing all the work. Very supportive and give constant guidance.

The retirement benefits are superb, but I would expect that from a company in the business of retirement.

One more nice bit - I was not the oldest person in the room. That has not happened for a LONG time.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2014.

I was contacted after the HR initial review of my resume. It the HR professional 15-20 minutes to be satisfied that I should be a fit. One of the managers in the department recruiting also had a telephone interview with me before the in office interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed by three Senior Managers. The duration was about 20-30 minutes, all questions were behavioral in nature. What would make your nervous appeared to be the joker for one of the managers. I did not get the job because before the reached out to me, I had secured a better one.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

The hiring manager contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour--she made me feel very much at easy. The questions were general, about my background.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what was my most challenging problem in life, and how did I overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

The interview was for an internship position. I found a more stable position shortly after.

New Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contact with placement agency which lead to a first interview. The interviewer was prompt and formal, meeting me at the door and walking me in personally. He was very professional and welcoming that the interview felt more like a greet to a new contact and not an interrogation. Very detailed in which the position was for and very informative as expectations was instead of being a representative that was from HR and not familiar with the position itself. Interviewer was impressed and will be contacting with details for a second interview and requirements for further consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Starting position is very mundane and doesn't have openings to expand for more then a few months, is this a problem with expectations for this position?   View Answer
    accepting for a second interview which will be the final step in the hiring process.

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2014.

Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   View Answer
    Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.