T. Rowe Price Interview Questions & Reviews

Updated Jul 25, 2014
96 interviews

2.8

Internal Audit Interview

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Applied online and received a phone interview with HR. Was called back to schedule an in office interview. They cancelled on me the day before me and said that they had already hired someone.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2013.

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screen. Afterwards I had an interview setup within 10 days. I had three 30 minute interviews then spoke with HR afterward. The interviews were relatively laid back and consisted of mostly the basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Take it or leave it type deal.

Facilities Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

The hiring manager contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour--she made me feel very much at easy. The questions were general, about my background.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what was my most challenging problem in life, and how did I overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

The interview was for an internship position. I found a more stable position shortly after.

New Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Owings, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contact with placement agency which lead to a first interview. The interviewer was prompt and formal, meeting me at the door and walking me in personally. He was very professional and welcoming that the interview felt more like a greet to a new contact and not an interrogation. Very detailed in which the position was for and very informative as expectations was instead of being a representative that was from HR and not familiar with the position itself. Interviewer was impressed and will be contacting with details for a second interview and requirements for further consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Starting position is very mundane and doesn't have openings to expand for more then a few months, is this a problem with expectations for this position?   View Answer
    accepting for a second interview which will be the final step in the hiring process.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2014.

I first came in contact at a career fair at the university in currently attending. I applied through my university's career development program (sending a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript), and got a call back for an interview.

A interviewer came on campus, and I interviewed for about 45 minutes. I honestly thought I did poorly in it though (just a mulligan of an interview). They said I would hear back in about 2 weeks for a second interview if I was selected but I didn't hear back, I figured I didn't get selected for the second round.

Two months later, I received an email from their HR department asking me to fill out a more thorough interview to "complete your interview process." I thought that was weird because I hadn't heard from them in two months, but I did so. Two days later, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Why investment operations?
      Why T. Rowe Price?
      Biggest weaknesses?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation, as it is an internship.

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2014.

Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Questions
    • All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   View Answer
    Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2013.

I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   View Answer

Investment Guidance Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I interviewed online - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contacted by T.Rowe within two weeks of applying. Typical phone interview conducted by HR lasting about 45 minutes. Invited for second round involving behavioral, psychological and overall intelligence battery of tests/exams. Third round involved 2 person panel interview. Fourth round is where they extend to you the job.

Interview Questions
    • None, pretty run-of-the-mill STAR format. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result)   Answer Question
    No negotiations, you either take it or leave it.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed through an employee referral. The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2013.

Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!