T. Rowe Price

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Associate Analyst Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by a final super day (6 interviews) in Baltimore. Resume walk through, behavioral and personality questions such as how you would deal with certain hypothetical situations. Be able to describe how you think about investments and have at least a couple companies you know a lot about. Reading the Wall Street journal consistently before the interview is also helpful so that they know you pay attention to the investment world. Also be able to describe why t rowe, as opposed to a Fido or other mutual fund.

Interview Questions
    • What's the largest hurdle you have faced in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question

Service Associate 401k Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2015.

Will give an over the phone interview centered around personality questions followed by an face to face interview setup usually directly after you complete the phone interview if you passed. Also requires an FBI background check so that's nothing that they won't be aware of including expunged records. Be up front about anything that could be potentially detrimental to the position applied for. The company is very big on customer service and teamwork so all answers should be centered around these areas

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to deal with an ipset or angry customer.   Answer Question

Summer Associate Interview

i was introduced through an employee referral. they were very quick to reach out to me and set up an interview. first round was a 25 minute phone interview, the person called late and seemed very rushed to get through interviews. once I did my interview I was told I would hear back in a week or week and a half, but it took longer than that to find out.

Interview Questions
    • there was nothing difficult at all. just some basic questions about myself and things I am interested in   Answer Question

Retail Service Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Submitted application online got phone interview in about a week. In person interview occurred about a week later, two people interviewed me. Interviewers asked around 5 question total little to no eye contact.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had someone respond negatively to feedback   Answer Question

Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2015.

Applied online, was sent email for online assessment. Did assessment then got call from recruiter, brief phone screen, then FTF interview set up. I was interviewed by two people. As with most interview's today, was asked behavioral questions. Was told two weeks and I'd get email or phone call. Never got email or phone call so I sent an email for update. Got an email the next day saying that they were pursuing other candidates. Interview lasted about 1.5 hours including tour of the facility. Nice facility, but still a call center no matter how you dress it up. Cubicles and tied to the phone all day.

Job paid 36,000 a year. Not bad, but not great. Have to pass two exams during training or you lose your job. Everyone was nice enough. Surprised I did not get an offer, especially since two people I used to work with are currently employed with USAA; those two people had a poor work ethic-constantly taking breaks and knew little regarding the job they were paid to perform.

All in all, just another call center job with better onsite facilities(Gym and cafeteria) than most.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when a co workers priority was not the same as yours? Name a time when a customer called in didn't know what they wanted? Explain a time when you went above an beyond.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2015.

I gave my resume and cover letter to a professor who had ties within T. Rowe. Received a call about a week later to come in for an interview. The interview was very laid back mostly behavioral based questions and a lot of questions were centered around my resume. It lasted about an hour. Great campus out in Owings Mills. Very friendly and an overall great experience,

Summer Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2015.

Contacted by the HR. She told me she want to know more about my background. She mainly asked me some programming skills and research experience. She is really nice and said someone will call me back. Unfortunately I didn't receive phone call from the company. I think programming is really crucial for this position.

Retail Investment Services Associate Interview

Two interviewers, behavioral and experiential questions, long time to get the initial call for an interview. Reasonably prompt offer after completing the interview day. Packet mailed with offer details and all the benefits

Interview Questions
    You were limited on changes

Analyst Interview

What do you know about investments? They wanted to know whether you had any practical experience in investing stocks. Unfortunately I did not have much background in investing so I could not answer that question very well.

Investments Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2014.

Phone Screening this November. I received a call from the recruiter. I was asked pretty standard questions. Walked through my resume and qualifications. I was asked for points of interest and if I had any questions about the firm. Very professional.