T. Rowe Price

Relevance Date Difficulty

Fund Accountant Interview

Fund Accountant
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screen. Afterwards I had an interview setup within 10 days. I had three 30 minute interviews then spoke with HR afterward. The interviews were relatively laid back and consisted of mostly the basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Question – What do you like most about fund accounting?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiating. Take it or leave it type deal.

Facilities Interview

Facilities

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – The hiring manager contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour--she made me feel very much at easy. The questions were general, about my background.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was what was my most challenging problem in life, and how did I overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview was for an internship position. I found a more stable position shortly after.

New Media Specialist Interview

New Media Specialist
Owings, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Contact with placement agency which lead to a first interview. The interviewer was prompt and formal, meeting me at the door and walking me in personally. He was very professional and welcoming that the interview felt more like a greet to a new contact and not an interrogation. Very detailed in which the position was for and very informative as expectations was instead of being a representative that was from HR and not familiar with the position itself. Interviewer was impressed and will be contacting with details for a second interview and requirements for further consideration.

Interview Question – Starting position is very mundane and doesn't have openings to expand for more then a few months, is this a problem with expectations for this position?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – accepting for a second interview which will be the final step in the hiring process.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Investment Operations Intern
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2014.

Interview Details – I first came in contact at a career fair at the university in currently attending. I applied through my university's career development program (sending a resume, cover letter, and unofficial transcript), and got a call back for an interview.

A interviewer came on campus, and I interviewed for about 45 minutes. I honestly thought I did poorly in it though (just a mulligan of an interview). They said I would hear back in about 2 weeks for a second interview if I was selected but I didn't hear back, I figured I didn't get selected for the second round.

Two months later, I received an email from their HR department asking me to fill out a more thorough interview to "complete your interview process." I thought that was weird because I hadn't heard from them in two months, but I did so. Two days later, I received a phone call with an offer.

Interview Question – Why investment operations?
Why T. Rowe Price?
Biggest weaknesses?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, as it is an internship.

Solution Consultant/Associate Interview

Solution Consultant/Associate
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2014.

Interview Details – Recruited via LinkedIn by HR associate within the firm. Interview consistent of two phone interviews and an in person interview with the hiring manager, individual contributors within the team and several round table interviews with various department managers.

Interview Question – All questions were related to past solution delivery experience and the ability to demonstrate through example, successful internal marketing and technology client's needs and the results.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Received HR offer letter. Discussed and renegotiated salary, in alignment with personal goals & industry average based on experience. HR adjusted salary offer.

Investment Operations Intern Interview

Investment Operations Intern
Owings Mills, MD

I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in December 2013.

Interview Details – I sent a resume to a friend who worked for the company, who passed it along to the head recruiter. About a month later I got a call to interview. I went to their office for an interview with a manager that lasted close to an hour. All the questions were behavioral based- very generic ones. Since I was one of the first people they interviewed, it took a little over two months for them to get back to me.

Interview Question – Why do you think you think you would be a fit for this particular position?   View Answer

Investment Guidance Specialist Interview

Investment Guidance Specialist
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Contacted by T.Rowe within two weeks of applying. Typical phone interview conducted by HR lasting about 45 minutes. Invited for second round involving behavioral, psychological and overall intelligence battery of tests/exams. Third round involved 2 person panel interview. Fourth round is where they extend to you the job.

Interview Question – None, pretty run-of-the-mill STAR format. (Situation, Task, Action, and Result)   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiations, you either take it or leave it.

Desktop Support Interview

Desktop Support
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2013.

Interview Details – Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

Negotiation Details – No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – I submitted my resume through campus recruiting. The interview was pretty standard; nothing out of expectations. Two female associates interviewed me and wrote down my answers. I guess they were not the ones to decide if I were hired or not. The interview was pretty laid back and lasted for half an hour. They called back about 2 weeks later.

Interview Question – What do you think is the best and worst thing about teamwork? What was the greatest challenge you've encountered and how have you overcome it?   Answer Question

Transaction Representative Interview

Transaction Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

Interview Details – Received an almost immediate response to my resume submission. Recruiter set up a phone interview. Recruiter was late calling me at our set appointment time.

Interview Question – Interview was mostly a regurgitation of my resume. A few questions about why I chose to apply for TRP and if I was being "choosy" in the companies I apply to. The most difficult question being the "behavior" questions..."tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!