T. Rowe Price

96 candidate interviews

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2009.

Interview Details – I was invited to participate in final round interviews in Baltimore, it what is called a "Super Day", along with 8 other finalists. I had a series of 1:1 interviews lasting 30 minutes each, with a 15 minute break in between interviews, where I met with about half of the department I would be working with if I was offered a position. Two days before the interview, the candidates were asked to prepare a company pitch on a company of their choosing, which would be given during one 30 minute session where each candidate had to make a recommendation on the company and defend it.

Interview Question – Please tell us 3 strategies you would propose to the management team of company XYZ to improve their performance.   Answer Question

Investment Fellowship Interview

Investment Fellowship

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed with T. Rowe, which is a buy side investment bank, about late last year in 09. They often came recruiting at my university so I became really interested because of its location in Baltimore City. I was contacted by HR after sending a few nice thank you letters after we met at our career fair for an official interview. The interview was a day long, starting at 8 AM, and I met with at least 9-10 people ranging from vice presidents to the investment fellows working at the bank. The people you interview work in different divisions in the bank and your essentially cycling through the divisions to were you fit. During lunch your invited by 2 investment fellows to a near by restaurant where they discuss your interests in the banks and your future career goals. There were some brain teaser questions, math quant related questions, and behavioral questions asked by the different interviewers in each division. They also asked me some current event questions about some of the products they offers.

Overall, T. Rowe Price is an OK investment bank, I was declined the offer and not knowing at the time, thank god I did, because I was offered a job at a better and more prestigious bank in NYC. No offense, but compared to the IB's in New York -- T.Rowe is a joke.

I would say the best way to prepare for this interview is make sure you the products that T.Rowe sells, up to date news and events and prepared for some of their quant questions. My interview with the bank was really early so make sure your brain is up and running at the time -- I would say that was my biggest problem during the interview because it was a long trip from where I lived.

Interview Question – Why T. Rowe Price?
What are some economic/finance literature that you read?
Any stock recommendations and why?
Why buy side investment banking?
  Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2008.

Interview Details – you meet many different people for a full day and then they bring you back for a second day. It feels repetitive.

Interview Question – Discuss your investment style as an individual.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Little negotiating

Manager Interview

Manager
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2010.

Interview Details – Posted for the position and had a discussion with an HR representative first then had a few interviews with managers in the department.

Interview Questions

Transaction Representative Interview

Transaction Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2011.

Interview Details – Probably a more difficult interview (the usual behavioral based) than my previous experience having interviewed for another position. It seems that perhaps the two managers had already decided to hire internally thus making my interview that much more difficult. The wait for the final outcome was a week and a half but the whole process took nearly 3 weeks.

I was referred to this position by a member in HR. I wish I had more money to spend to complete an MBA but two undergraduate degrees later (in relevant business/economic/legal fields) and I am still not qualified for even the most basic positions. This position was being offered at $33K with room in the future to grow in the company.

Not sure how this didn't get posted internally to begin with.

Interview Question – Something to the effect of "Tell us a time when you had difficulty conveying information in a presentation to a group of people."   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Baltimore, MD

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2011.

Interview Details – Straightforward. A little bit frustrating because it took weeks upon weeks for them to contact me between interviews. Great company though. Just slow moving.

Interview Question – What does your ideal portfolio look like?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavioral style

Interview Question – Why do you think you are ready for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Tampa, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2013.

Interview Details – After applying online, if they like your resume they will call you for a phone interview. After the phone interview, you will be given a couple dates/times to interview in person. You also must answer a questionnaire before a certain date.
When you arrive for the interview, dress professionally and be prepared. They take you on a tour of the building, tell you about the company, and then are interview by 2 employees. The ask questions about difficult situations and want you to be specific.

Interview Question – Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Data & Reporting Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Investment Counselor Interview

Investment Counselor

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Initial screening was on the phone followed by several face to face interviews. The further you go in the process the better your chances. The interview questions were behavioral in nature (i.e. tell me a situation were you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome). Be prepared to go through your resume in detail. More importantly take some time to learn about the company and its business philosophy. This will definitely come up during the interviews.

Interview Question – The most difficult part was during the final interview I was asked to explain Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). As luck would have it I had just an article the week prior that discussed MPT. I don't believe its a typical interview question, but totally unexpected.   Answer Question

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!