T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

Updated Mar 6, 2015

2.8

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2009.

I was invited to participate in final round interviews in Baltimore, it what is called a "Super Day", along with 8 other finalists. I had a series of 1:1 interviews lasting 30 minutes each, with a 15 minute break in between interviews, where I met with about half of the department I would be working with if I was offered a position. Two days before the interview, the candidates were asked to prepare a company pitch on a company of their choosing, which would be given during one 30 minute session where each candidate had to make a recommendation on the company and defend it.

Interview Questions
    • Please tell us 3 strategies you would propose to the management team of company XYZ to improve their performance.   Answer Question

Investment Fellowship Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in November 2009.

I interviewed with T. Rowe, which is a buy side investment bank, about late last year in 09. They often came recruiting at my university so I became really interested because of its location in Baltimore City. I was contacted by HR after sending a few nice thank you letters after we met at our career fair for an official interview. The interview was a day long, starting at 8 AM, and I met with at least 9-10 people ranging from vice presidents to the investment fellows working at the bank. The people you interview work in different divisions in the bank and your essentially cycling through the divisions to were you fit. During lunch your invited by 2 investment fellows to a near by restaurant where they discuss your interests in the banks and your future career goals. There were some brain teaser questions, math quant related questions, and behavioral questions asked by the different interviewers in each division. They also asked me some current event questions about some of the products they offers.

Overall, T. Rowe Price is an OK investment bank, I was declined the offer and not knowing at the time, thank god I did, because I was offered a job at a better and more prestigious bank in NYC. No offense, but compared to the IB's in New York -- T.Rowe is a joke.

I would say the best way to prepare for this interview is make sure you the products that T.Rowe sells, up to date news and events and prepared for some of their quant questions. My interview with the bank was really early so make sure your brain is up and running at the time -- I would say that was my biggest problem during the interview because it was a long trip from where I lived.

Interview Questions
    • Why T. Rowe Price?
      What are some economic/finance literature that you read?
      Any stock recommendations and why?
      Why buy side investment banking?

Answer Question

Investment Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2008.

you meet many different people for a full day and then they bring you back for a second day. It feels repetitive.

Interview Questions
    • Discuss your investment style as an individual.   View Answer
    Little negotiating

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2010.

Posted for the position and had a discussion with an HR representative first then had a few interviews with managers in the department.

Transaction Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Employee in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2011.

Probably a more difficult interview (the usual behavioral based) than my previous experience having interviewed for another position. It seems that perhaps the two managers had already decided to hire internally thus making my interview that much more difficult. The wait for the final outcome was a week and a half but the whole process took nearly 3 weeks.

I was referred to this position by a member in HR. I wish I had more money to spend to complete an MBA but two undergraduate degrees later (in relevant business/economic/legal fields) and I am still not qualified for even the most basic positions. This position was being offered at $33K with room in the future to grow in the company.

Not sure how this didn't get posted internally to begin with.

Interview Questions
    • Something to the effect of "Tell us a time when you had difficulty conveying information in a presentation to a group of people."   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2011.

Straightforward. A little bit frustrating because it took weeks upon weeks for them to contact me between interviews. Great company though. Just slow moving.

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Behavioral style

No negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2013.

After applying online, if they like your resume they will call you for a phone interview. After the phone interview, you will be given a couple dates/times to interview in person. You also must answer a questionnaire before a certain date.
    When you arrive for the interview, dress professionally and be prepared. They take you on a tour of the building, tell you about the company, and then are interview by 2 employees. The ask questions about difficult situations and want you to be specific.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you dealt with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I first has a phone interview, that was out of the blue and not scheduled. Then, I visited the campus for a final interview and talked to 3 separate people on the internal audit team. Everyone was extremely friendly, but all ask the same questions. No one ever contacted me after interviewing which was odd.

Associate Analyst Interview

First round was a phone interview followed by a final super day (6 interviews) in Baltimore. Resume walk through, behavioral and personality questions such as how you would deal with certain hypothetical situations. Be able to describe how you think about investments and have at least a couple companies you know a lot about. Reading the Wall Street journal consistently before the interview is also helpful so that they know you pay attention to the investment world. Also be able to describe why t rowe, as opposed to a Fido or other mutual fund.

Interview Questions
    • What's the largest hurdle you have faced in your life and how did you overcome it?   Answer Question