T. Rowe Price

Average Difficulty
96 candidate interviews

Retail Service Associate Interview

Retail Service Associate

I applied through an employee referral and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavior style interviews. Starts with mini-phone interview and then to an in-person 1 hour interview. Tour provided when coming for interview with presentation on core values and benefits of the working here.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time you provided feedback to peer?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There is no negotiation phase. It is a set starting salary.

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – All members of the team seemed easy going but also very interested in their work. Six separate members of the group served as interviewers.

Interview Question – What do you look for in a boss?   Answer Question

All Positions Interview

All Positions

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavorial style interview, be prepared to share specific/detailed stories

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you shared a opinion that was not popular   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Doesnt pay as much as similar companies in the area

Associate Interview

Associate

Interviewed at T. Rowe Price

Interview Details – Campus recruiting, interviews at the company, and an offer

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview. I was then brought in for a second round interview and got a call back the next day with an offer

Interview Question – They were all behavioral based   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Facilities

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – The hiring manager contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour--she made me feel very much at easy. The questions were general, about my background.

Interview Question – The most difficult question was what was my most challenging problem in life, and how did I overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – The interview was for an internship position. I found a more stable position shortly after.

Investment Analyst Interview

Investment Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Question – Why T. Rowe Price?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Decided to go with a different company

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2009.

Interview Details – Easy interview not very demanding more of an analysis of ability to work in team.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 8 months financially.   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Investment Operations Associate
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst
Owings Mills, MD

The process took 2 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2010.

Interview Details – It was an on-campus interview where I interviewed with a senior level executive who I met the previous evening at an information session. It was very laid back since everything she needed to know was on my resume. I asked A LOT of questions about the company to stretch the interview out to 30 minutes. After a week or so I was invited to the Owings Mill campus where I had 3 interviews with employees, a group tour, and a job shadow.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – The pay was too low and they were unwilling to negotiate.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!