T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

Updated Aug 28, 2015

2.8

Retail Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

Behavioral Style STAR interview. Check the T. Rowe Price website beforehand. There is a section on the site that provides interview tips and things to consider. Group style panel interview. The interview panel will write a lot. Provide detail examples and be sure to talk about what you did in each scenario.

Senior Staff Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in February 2015.

Interview

I scheduled a phone interview through an outside recruiter. I had a 30 minute phone interview with a senior recruiter that had been with the company for 3 months and not met or had interaction with anyone from the position's department. The recruiter told me it would be a slow process, if I was selected for an in-person interview, it would be 1-2 weeks before they would let me know to schedule it and 3-4 months before actually starting at the position, if accepted. 1 week from the phone interview, I was contacted to schedule an in-person interview, which was scheduled for 2 weeks later. I met with 5 individuals during the in-person interview. All were very positive, outgoing people and held very conversational interviews. All seemed interested in my skills and job experience. They said it would be a few weeks until I would be contacted. I followed up that afternoon with thank you emails and 2 weeks later another followup. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• What regulations have you had to follow in your past or current jobs?   Answer Question

Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2011.

Interview

Very thorough and in depth. Asked a variety of questions about my personal experience. They followed those questions with behavioral questions ("give me a time when you.... How did you learn from that"). It began with group discussion / overview, and was then broken out in to several individual one on one interviews. Overall, it was a great interview process.

Interview Questions

• What skills and knowledge that you gained in the academic world are you able to carry through to the professional realm?   1 Answer

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings, MD) in September 2014.

Interview

It was very apparent that they already had a candidate in mind. They didn't reply to status inquires and never followed up with a second interview as the hiring manager indicated he wanted to do.

Senior Writer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in September 2013.

Interview

I interviewed for two days, seeing about six people each day from various areas of the firm. The interviews were thorough but consistently pleasant. Each person I spoke with was very friendly and went out of their way to put me at ease–they gave me a good feeling about the company. There were no "pressure" interviews.

Interview Questions

• What is the best kind of work environment for you?   1 Answer

Retail Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

The interview process went well, Company presentation was very good. Waiting for a follow up for candidate selection. Training classes to begin soon and Series and 63 are required as a condition of employment.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Service Associate Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2015.

Interview

There were two associates present for the interview. The duration lasted about 40 minutes. They were pleasant, and friendly. Basics were covered first, such as date available for work and explaining the requirements of the job. After that, the real questions started. Most dealt with how you have reacted in the past during certain situations.

PSC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in June 2013.

Interview

thorough, they are very detailed in asking you a bunch of questions and drag their feet on the selection process. It was exhausting and wasn't given clear expectations of when I would hear back in reference to when I would hear back regarding my employment.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There wasn't any room for negotiation.

PSC Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in February 2014.

Interview

easy. Just google it and see what they'll ask you and have it planned and memorized. You'll get interviewed by kids.easy. Just google it and see what they'll ask you and have it planned and memorized. You'll get interviewed by kids.easy. Just google it and see what they'll ask you and have it planned and memorized. You'll get interviewed by kids.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you provided better than expected customer service.   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at T. Rowe Price in February 2015.

Interview

On Campus Recruiting. I applied through University Career website, had an on-campus interview. The recruiter asked me questions about my interest in the position and investing. He asked whether or not I believe in active management. Interview was straight forward. I heard back in two weeks.