T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

2.8

Investment Specialist-Personal Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2014.

I applied through their website, 2 weeks later the recruiter call and screened me. Set up a phone interview and then a second in person interview. Typical behavioral questions. They said I was an early candidate for the position and it wouldn't start for 7 weeks. I kept in contact who the recruiter. After 6 weeks the recruiter said that they wanted to offer me a position but so many internal employees had filled the limited positions that were available. She asked me if I was interested in another position and I went through the interview process again.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you had to handle a very irate customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation. They offer and you accept.

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I found out about this internship through my university. The application was straight forward, and they emailed me to schedule an interview promptly. The interview was mainly behavioral, nothing short of expectations.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you were unsatisfied with your work.   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2014.

I was contacted after the HR initial review of my resume. It the HR professional 15-20 minutes to be satisfied that I should be a fit. One of the managers in the department recruiting also had a telephone interview with me before the in office interview.

Interview Questions
    • I was interviewed by three Senior Managers. The duration was about 20-30 minutes, all questions were behavioral in nature. What would make your nervous appeared to be the joker for one of the managers. I did not get the job because before the reached out to me, I had secured a better one.   Answer Question

Client Operations Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2010.

Typical interview process. Initial round of phone screening with the recruiter. Was invited to the campus to interview with hiring manager and other interested parties. The process was very formal but everyone was friendly at the same time. Be prepared to answer behavioral questions e.g. "tell me about a time when you had to deliver a difficult message to a customer. What was the situation and how did you handle it"

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult but be expected to have real situations to speak to. They ask for lots of details so be prepared. Practice telling your examples in a storytelling fashion.   Answer Question

Retail Investment Associate Interview

Interview was straight forward with your typical customer service questions. Ask what I liked/dislike about my old job. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. tell me how you handled a difficult situation

Interview Questions
    • Why you questions. The simple, straight questions always make me over thin   Answer Question

Internal Audit Interview

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Applied online and received a phone interview with HR. Was called back to schedule an in office interview. They cancelled on me the day before me and said that they had already hired someone.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2013.

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screen. Afterwards I had an interview setup within 10 days. I had three 30 minute interviews then spoke with HR afterward. The interviews were relatively laid back and consisted of mostly the basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions
    No negotiating. Take it or leave it type deal.

Facilities Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

The hiring manager contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour--she made me feel very much at easy. The questions were general, about my background.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question was what was my most challenging problem in life, and how did I overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

The interview was for an internship position. I found a more stable position shortly after.

New Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contact with placement agency which lead to a first interview. The interviewer was prompt and formal, meeting me at the door and walking me in personally. He was very professional and welcoming that the interview felt more like a greet to a new contact and not an interrogation. Very detailed in which the position was for and very informative as expectations was instead of being a representative that was from HR and not familiar with the position itself. Interviewer was impressed and will be contacting with details for a second interview and requirements for further consideration.

Interview Questions
    • Starting position is very mundane and doesn't have openings to expand for more then a few months, is this a problem with expectations for this position?   View Answer
    accepting for a second interview which will be the final step in the hiring process.