T. Rowe Price

Relevance Date Difficulty

Transaction Representative Interview

Transaction Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

Interview Details – Received an almost immediate response to my resume submission. Recruiter set up a phone interview. Recruiter was late calling me at our set appointment time.

Interview Question – Interview was mostly a regurgitation of my resume. A few questions about why I chose to apply for TRP and if I was being "choosy" in the companies I apply to. The most difficult question being the "behavior" questions..."tell me about a time when..."   Answer Question

Transaction Representative Interview

Transaction Representative
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – I received an immediate response to the resume/application I submitted. They set up a phone interview. They asked questions about the resume and experience. Basically repeating what was already in front if them.

Interview Question – "Tell me about a time when you had a conflict with a boss or co worker and how did you resolve it."   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – There was an initial phone interview. I was then brought in for a second round interview and got a call back the next day with an offer

Interview Question – They were all behavioral based   Answer Question

Contracted Administrative Assistant Interview

Contracted Administrative Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2013.

Interview Details – Had to reschedule a live video interview a few times as the hiring manager is located in Baltimore.The interview was an hour long. It took a long time for TRP to make a commitment. Had multiple interviews (three): HR, Administrative Supervisor, Administrative staff, Sr. V.P., V.P. ; the second round was over an hour long. TRP call your references directly. Some of my references were a bit taken back by the questions they would ask about my performance. I was unemployed due to the market downfall and the Managing Directors asked my references if I was mentally stable because I was unemployed for a year. This was unprofessional and insulting especially after explaining the gap on my resume. My previous employers were surprised.

Interview Question – No difficult or unexpected questions as the interview questions were standard. The only odd questions were those directed towards my references.   View Answer

Accounting Department Interview

Accounting Department
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in September 2013.

Interview Details – Met recruiter at the career fair and gave resume. I then was told to apply online and recruiter was going to match the resumes she got at the career fair to the ones online. I got a call and went into their office the following week. The process consisted of 4 different interviewers each interviewing for a half hour and then switching. All behavioral questions were asked. "Tell me a time when..." It is now going on 5 weeks and never heard anything from the company.

Interview Question – All STAR questions were used.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager
Baltimore, MD

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Was supposed to interview with immediate supervisor, then hiring manager. The first was a 35-minute phone interview that went well. The second was supposed to be on-site, but the recruiter called three hours before and said not to bother coming in -- they'd talk to me by phone. Interview was very short and abrupt.

Interview Question – Used their own internal lingo -- luckily I understood what they meant from the context.   Answer Question

Investment Fellowship Interview

Investment Fellowship
Baltimore, MD

I applied through college or university - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2013.

Interview Details – I attended an on-campus interview and am still waiting to hear regarding whether or not I have an offer. The interview was straightforward and was comprised of mostly behavioral questions, though I was asked a few basic mental math questions.

The head of the Investment Fellowship program interviewed, alongside a previous member of the Investment Fellowship. Overall their demeanor was great and I had no problem asking them my questions.

Interview Question – "What kind of an investor are you?"   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate Interview

Investment Operations Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Standard behavioral first interview, about thirty minutes. Brought me to their campus for two more thirty minute interviews, one more technical, the other more just for fit and personality. Starting salary is EH at best but a good starting point for further promotion

Interview Question – "Why are you here and why is this job a good fit for you"?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location, starting salary (better offer)

All Positions Interview

All Positions

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavorial style interview, be prepared to share specific/detailed stories

Interview Question – Tell us about a time when you shared a opinion that was not popular   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Doesnt pay as much as similar companies in the area

COSS Representative Interview

COSS Representative
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2013.

Interview Details – Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Question – Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation