T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

Updated Jun 19, 2015

2.8

Investment Counselor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tyson's Corner, Fairfax, VA) in October 2014.

Interview

Behavioral Style Questions - 4-5 questions.

Prepare for a comfortable experience. Most T. Rowe managers are not intimidating and will put you at ease. Be sure to prepare a good background of yourself, including your education and professional experiences. There may be a role-play which deals with asking open-ended questions to better understand the situation.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had to deal with a grey area. How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No salary negotiation. Relocation package offered only if 50 miles or more distance from current residence.

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2014.

Interview

I recently had an interview with T.Rowe Price for the Investment Operations Associate Position. The first question she asked was have I taken any courses in finance and accounting. Having knowledge in these two courses is very important as they go hand-in-hand for the position.

Retail Investment Associate Interview

Interview

Interview was straight forward with your typical customer service questions. Ask what I liked/dislike about my old job. Tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer. tell me how you handled a difficult situation

Interview Questions

• Why you questions. The simple, straight questions always make me over thin   Answer Question

Investment Specialist-Personal Services Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO) in August 2014.

Interview

I applied through their website, 2 weeks later the recruiter call and screened me. Set up a phone interview and then a second in person interview. Typical behavioral questions. They said I was an early candidate for the position and it wouldn't start for 7 weeks. I kept in contact who the recruiter. After 6 weeks the recruiter said that they wanted to offer me a position but so many internal employees had filled the limited positions that were available. She asked me if I was interested in another position and I went through the interview process again.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to handle a very irate customer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They offer and you accept.

Internal Audit Interview

Application

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Applied online and received a phone interview with HR. Was called back to schedule an in office interview. They cancelled on me the day before me and said that they had already hired someone.

Fund Accountant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and had a 15 minute phone screen. Afterwards I had an interview setup within 10 days. I had three 30 minute interviews then spoke with HR afterward. The interviews were relatively laid back and consisted of mostly the basic behavioral interview questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiating. Take it or leave it type deal.

Technology Integrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in June 2014.

Interview

I found an interesting post on the company website - it was close to what I was looking for but not quite. The recruiter called me, we had a nice conversation and she asked if I had seen a different position that would better suited to may talents. She was, indeed, correct. I interviewed with her for over 30 minutes on the phone and then she set up 2 more phone interviews with the hiring manager and department manger. That went very well and I was asked to go to Baltimore for a day of interviews with several people. he day went really well because I was able to not only answer their questions in detail due to my expertise but because they were quite happy to answer mine and walk me through what working at T Rowe is like. They never sugar coated anything. I also knew the salaries where not the best in the industry but that benefits and retirement plans were surpassed by none. They were also VERY excited to have a candidate who wanted to move t Baltimore (a great city, IMHO).
    Over all, it was great day.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions focused on HR systems, my experience implementing them and challenges I inevitably met along the way. How did you handle the system owner who has sure they did not need to change?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some negotiation but very little on salary. They are known for this. However, the benefits and moving expenses are fantastic. If they want you, they will get you where you need to be without you doing all the work. Very supportive and give constant guidance.

The retirement benefits are superb, but I would expect that from a company in the business of retirement.

One more nice bit - I was not the oldest person in the room. That has not happened for a LONG time.

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2014.

Interview

I was contacted after the HR initial review of my resume. It the HR professional 15-20 minutes to be satisfied that I should be a fit. One of the managers in the department recruiting also had a telephone interview with me before the in office interview.

Interview Questions

• I was interviewed by three Senior Managers. The duration was about 20-30 minutes, all questions were behavioral in nature. What would make your nervous appeared to be the joker for one of the managers. I did not get the job because before the reached out to me, I had secured a better one.   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

The hiring manager contacted me to set up an initial phone interview. The phone interview lasted about an hour--she made me feel very much at easy. The questions were general, about my background.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult question was what was my most challenging problem in life, and how did I overcome the challenge.   Answer Question

The interview was for an internship position. I found a more stable position shortly after.

New Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings, MD

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings, MD).

Interview

Contact with placement agency which lead to a first interview. The interviewer was prompt and formal, meeting me at the door and walking me in personally. He was very professional and welcoming that the interview felt more like a greet to a new contact and not an interrogation. Very detailed in which the position was for and very informative as expectations was instead of being a representative that was from HR and not familiar with the position itself. Interviewer was impressed and will be contacting with details for a second interview and requirements for further consideration.

Interview Questions

• Starting position is very mundane and doesn't have openings to expand for more then a few months, is this a problem with expectations for this position?   1 Answer

Negotiation

accepting for a second interview which will be the final step in the hiring process.