T. Rowe Price

95 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Fixed Income Summer Intern Interview

Fixed Income Summer Intern

I applied online and the process took 4 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2013.

Interview Details – I applied on their site, they emailed me back within a couple of hours and set up a phone interview. It was entirely a fit more or less.

Interview Question – It says you've done linear algebra, what can you do on MatLab?   Answer Question

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – How have you developed someone?

Negotiation Details – Nothing- no negotiation

Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavioral style interview
Business casual environment
Worked mostly with recruiter and HR
Don't negotiate salaries

Interview Question – Nothing was unexpected   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – I had three rounds of interview. First a phone interview with Human Resources. 2 months later I had a day with 5 interviews back to back with different people throughout the department including my soon to be manager. Last, an interview with the President of the department who really sold me on working their and help me put into perspective what T. Rowe was offering vs what other companies had to offer.

Interview Question – All the questions were the typical tell me about a time when... No market or technical questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had another offer from a different company on the table so they had to meet that offer for me to come and they did.

Very Easy Interview

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst
Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in January 2009.

Interview Details – Easy interview not very demanding more of an analysis of ability to work in team.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in the next 8 months financially.   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Group Manager
Owings Mills, MD

I applied through a recruiter and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Behavioral style

Interview Question – Why do you think you are ready for this role?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Interview

Customer Service
Colorado Springs, CO

I applied online and the process took 5 days - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in August 2012.

Interview Details – Phone interview was fine, informative. Face interview with 2 managers. Felt like they were going through the motions. Basically interviewed with the tops of their heads, as they wrote a full page for each behavioral question. Cordial enough though. Got email decline the next day.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you took the initiative without waiting for direction.   View Answer
  • Tell about a time you gave feedback and it wasn't well received.   Answer Question
  • Tell about a really difficult situation and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Retail Account Management Interview

Retail Account Management
Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Made a great connection with a recruiter, she applied for the position for me. Received a call about 4 days later offering me an interview. Interview was "behavioral based", lasted about 25 minutes before I was finished. Was 1:1 with hiring manager.

Interview Question – 1)When was the last time you lead a team?
2)What was the last process you developed yourself?
3)How did you last help someone achieve success?
4)Have you ever had to change your procedures with a system change, and how did you handle that?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, market price.

IT Analyst Interview

IT Analyst
Owings Mills, MD

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2008.

Interview Details – It was during the economic downturn when there were more candidates than job openings so they had a lot of leverage to play with.

Interview Question – Where do you plan to be in 5 years   View Answer

Negotiation Details – It went very smoothly

Baltimore, MD

The process took 2 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2012.

Interview Details – Process was a very well organized, but slow process. The people I interviewed with seemed to be very interested in the interview rather than going through the motions. Not too many difficult questions were asked, a lot of the standard questions. They focused a lot more on the fit of the candidate. Had very good conversations and all of the associates I met were very nice. Positive experience all around.

Interview Question – There were no unexpected questions, just the run of the mill situational questions.   View Answer