T. Rowe Price

Updated Feb 18, 2015
Updated Feb 18, 2015

2.8

Intern Interview

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

All members of the team seemed easy going but also very interested in their work. Six separate members of the group served as interviewers.

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in July 2013.

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions
    • Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Retirement Specialist Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Completed a phone interview first, then interviewed on-site with two managers. The questions were behavioral; nothing difficult but designed to see how well you will fit into the culture and what the company stands for.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to do a role-play during the interview. It wasn't difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question
    No negotiation

Investment Operations Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Ther were two interviews after I submitted a resume and took a test.

Interview Questions
    They gave me what I wanted and then I found out I was working nights.

Investment Counselor Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Initial screening was on the phone followed by several face to face interviews. The further you go in the process the better your chances. The interview questions were behavioral in nature (i.e. tell me a situation were you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome). Be prepared to go through your resume in detail. More importantly take some time to learn about the company and its business philosophy. This will definitely come up during the interviews.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult part was during the final interview I was asked to explain Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). As luck would have it I had just an article the week prior that discussed MPT. I don't believe its a typical interview question, but totally unexpected.   Answer Question

Contracted Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in June 2013.

Had to reschedule a live video interview a few times as the hiring manager is located in Baltimore.The interview was an hour long. It took a long time for TRP to make a commitment. Had multiple interviews (three): HR, Administrative Supervisor, Administrative staff, Sr. V.P., V.P. ; the second round was over an hour long. TRP call your references directly. Some of my references were a bit taken back by the questions they would ask about my performance. I was unemployed due to the market downfall and the Managing Directors asked my references if I was mentally stable because I was unemployed for a year. This was unprofessional and insulting especially after explaining the gap on my resume. My previous employers were surprised.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions as the interview questions were standard. The only odd questions were those directed towards my references.   View Answer

Data & Reporting Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

This position can consist of 3-4 interviews. One with the recruiter, the hiring manager, their manager, & potentially the head of GIS. The questions are pretty standard as far as T. Rowe interviews go.

No negotiation. The offer was a good offer and I accepted.

Desktop Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in May 2013.

Taken to a small conference room by the manager and supervisor. Asked basic customer service questions, personality, educational and job experience. After the interview the HR recruiter brought me the application for employment and I filled it out.

No, it was a set price for interns. More than I was asking though.

Retail Service Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Behavior style interviews. Starts with mini-phone interview and then to an in-person 1 hour interview. Tour provided when coming for interview with presentation on core values and benefits of the working here.

Interview Questions
    There is no negotiation phase. It is a set starting salary.

Investment Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Contacted by firm recruiter who found my resume online. She asked me basic questions about my past experience, what I liked/disliked about my current role, and why I was looking to make a move. One in person interview with two sales supervisors. They asked a variety of behavioral style questions to assess my sales and consultative skills.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you had to change the way a client thought to make a sale.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but there is room to do so for those with licensing and experience.