T. Rowe Price Interview Questions

Updated Apr 18, 2015

2.8

Associate Interview

Interview

Campus recruiting, interviews at the company, and an offer

Customer Service Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T. Rowe Price (Tampa, FL).

Interview

The hiring started at my college. This lead to a phone interview. After a tour of the office and introduction PowerPoint presentation, you will probably interview with 2 employees: typically 2 supervisors. The interview primarily deals with behavioral style questions. They're looking for specific questions and detailed answers. "What was your thought process?" Interviews are about an hour long. They're looking for a good story teller. Also, be prepared to answer the "why you" in other words- why should we choose you.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you: motivated a team, accomplished a goal, dealt with a complicated client issue.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not a negotiating firm.

Personal Services Client Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Colorado Springs, CO

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Colorado Springs, CO).

Interview

T. Rowe Price hires internally for most of their positions. I started in the Retail Investment Services group and then was asked to apply for the Personal Services group (High Dollar Value). Interview process is pretty straight-forward behavioral questions. "Tell me about a time when..." This department focuses on service excellence and sales, so the questions center around times that you provided particularly good service or when you were able to uncover an 'unstated need' AKA sales opportunity and help a client there.

Interview Questions

• No difficult questions. Unfortunately, T. Rowe basically knows who they are going to promote before they interview. If interviewing externally, then be prepared for questions that ask about collaboration and cooperation. Be cautious of questions that seem to ask about times you did something without prompting or direction, because they don't want people who are TOO independent.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. Pay structure is fixed and there is little (perhaps none) room for negotiation for non-exempt employees.

Investment Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Baltimore, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Baltimore, MD) in August 2013.

Interview

Applied online via my school's career job board. Heard back few days later to come in for an interview. There were five interviews with three PMs, one trader and another analyst. The interviews were relaxed and very informal. No tough questions, mostly fit. I was asked weird and inappropriate questions by the trader though. Like, about my relationship status etc. When I asked him if how he felt about the company, he said that he hated it except for the benefits. Other than that one interviewer, everyone else seemed normal.

Interview Questions

Decided to go with a different company

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

All members of the team seemed easy going but also very interested in their work. Six separate members of the group served as interviewers.

COSS Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Owings Mills, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (Owings Mills, MD) in July 2013.

Interview

Applied online through a referral which apparently help ALOT. Got a call a few weeks later and was interviewed over the phone by a recruiter. He then invited me for an interview on their campus. Got a basic "orientation" for what the company is and offers, and a brush up on what they were looking for. Then interviewed with 2 supervisors. It was 100% behavioral. Got a call a few weeks later with an offer.

Interview Questions

• Typical "tell me a time when..." questions. Probably was around 7-8 of them. Study up.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Retirement Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Completed a phone interview first, then interviewed on-site with two managers. The questions were behavioral; nothing difficult but designed to see how well you will fit into the culture and what the company stands for.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to do a role-play during the interview. It wasn't difficult, just unexpected.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Investment Operations Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Ther were two interviews after I submitted a resume and took a test.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

They gave me what I wanted and then I found out I was working nights.

Investment Counselor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview

Initial screening was on the phone followed by several face to face interviews. The further you go in the process the better your chances. The interview questions were behavioral in nature (i.e. tell me a situation were you had to make a difficult decision and what was the outcome). Be prepared to go through your resume in detail. More importantly take some time to learn about the company and its business philosophy. This will definitely come up during the interviews.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part was during the final interview I was asked to explain Modern Portfolio Theory (MPT). As luck would have it I had just an article the week prior that discussed MPT. I don't believe its a typical interview question, but totally unexpected.   Answer Question

Contracted Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price (San Francisco, CA) in June 2013.

Interview

Had to reschedule a live video interview a few times as the hiring manager is located in Baltimore.The interview was an hour long. It took a long time for TRP to make a commitment. Had multiple interviews (three): HR, Administrative Supervisor, Administrative staff, Sr. V.P., V.P. ; the second round was over an hour long. TRP call your references directly. Some of my references were a bit taken back by the questions they would ask about my performance. I was unemployed due to the market downfall and the Managing Directors asked my references if I was mentally stable because I was unemployed for a year. This was unprofessional and insulting especially after explaining the gap on my resume. My previous employers were surprised.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions as the interview questions were standard. The only odd questions were those directed towards my references.   1 Answer