T. Rowe Price Investment Operations Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

5 interviews

2.4

5 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Investment Operations Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Standard behavioral first interview, about thirty minutes. Brought me to their campus for two more thirty minute interviews, one more technical, the other more just for fit and personality. Starting salary is EH at best but a good starting point for further promotion

Interview Questions
  • "Why are you here and why is this job a good fit for you"?   Answer Question

Location, starting salary (better offer)

Other Interview Reviews for T. Rowe Price

Anonymous Employee  in  Owings Mills, MD
    Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2011.

I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
    Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
    Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions
    • What do you consider a harder subject: Accounting or Finance?   Answer Question
    • Where do you see yourself in two years? In ten years?   Answer Question

I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2009.

behavioral questions exclusively. they really wanted to see how you could operate within a team enviornment.

Interview Questions
    • tell me a time when you faced a difficulty and overcame it?   View Answer
    no negotiation.

Investment Operations Associate Interview

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 2 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Invited for an on-campus screening interview. That interview was with one person, the questions were relatively easy - behavior, internship experiences and their relation to the profession. Then I was invited for second round interview days of which I could pick from a selection. When I showed up there happened to be about 7 other candidates there. The scheduled involved a presentation, two interviews, a tour, job shadow, and lunch while HR presented benefits/process. One of the two interviews was one person, mostly resume and career goal questions. The second was two people with many of the same questions. I was one of the first interview days, so I had a longer wait time but received an offer about a month later.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to get into the mutual fund profession?   View Answer

Investment Operations Associate Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2012.

It was an on campus interview. The interviewer asked about my resume and my education.

Interview Questions
    • What would your previous boss say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!