T. Rowe Price

T. Rowe Price Investment Operations Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
5 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Baltimore, MD

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in October 2009.

Interview Details – behavioral questions exclusively. they really wanted to see how you could operate within a team enviornment.

Interview Question – tell me a time when you faced a difficulty and overcame it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – no negotiation.

Investment Operations Associate

The process took a day - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2012.

Interview Details – It was an on campus interview. The interviewer asked about my resume and my education.

Interview Question – What would your previous boss say is your biggest strength/weakness?   Answer Question

Investment Operations Associate

I applied through college or university and interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Standard behavioral first interview, about thirty minutes. Brought me to their campus for two more thirty minute interviews, one more technical, the other more just for fit and personality. Starting salary is EH at best but a good starting point for further promotion

Interview Question – "Why are you here and why is this job a good fit for you"?   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Location, starting salary (better offer)

Investment Operations Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price.

Interview Details – Invited for an on-campus screening interview. That interview was with one person, the questions were relatively easy - behavior, internship experiences and their relation to the profession. Then I was invited for second round interview days of which I could pick from a selection. When I showed up there happened to be about 7 other candidates there. The scheduled involved a presentation, two interviews, a tour, job shadow, and lunch while HR presented benefits/process. One of the two interviews was one person, mostly resume and career goal questions. The second was two people with many of the same questions. I was one of the first interview days, so I had a longer wait time but received an offer about a month later.

Interview Question – Why do you want to get into the mutual fund profession?   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Owings Mills, MD

The process took 3 months - interviewed at T. Rowe Price in March 2011.

Interview Details – I applied through the university's job board. I did a 1:1 interview that was about 45 minutes long. I received a call back in less than a week and set up an interview at T Rowe Price's office.
Second interview included two 1:1 interviews, a lunch, a tour, and transportation too and from their office (including flight). They told me I would hear back in about two weeks.
Three weeks went by and I sent an email asking about my candidate status. I received a general email that said there were many qualified candidates and they would need more time to decided. I accepted another offer a couple weeks later. About 10 weeks after my second interview I got a call about offering me a position.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – I was given an offer with another company that was for a lot more money, in a better location, for a job I was more interested in, and I went through a long interview process with this company (multiple interviews and steps) where I was contacted quickly after each step.

Worked for T. Rowe Price? Contribute to the Community!