T. Rowe Price

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Participant Services Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD
Anonymous Employee in Owings Mills, MD

The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at T. Rowe Price in April 2012.

Applied online on their website. Was contacted by an HR rep two weeks later. She asked to scheduled a time for a 30-minute phone interview. We set it up for a few days later, a Friday I believe. She called then, went over the position, the base pay, and then we went into interview mode. She asked several questions and I answered them to the best of my ability. Between her questions and my responses plus my questions for her near the end, the interview ended up lasting about an hour. She was very informative and thorough and she didn't make me feel rushed. It was a very positive experience.

About a week later she called me for the on-site interview for the following week. The onsite interview consists of an HR presentation (which included the history/background about the company, benefits, and what the position was about in detail) with another HR rep, a tour of the call-center floor, and then a 30-minute interview with two of the hiring managers. Both of my interviewers were very cordial (if a bit stiff), I had a male and a female and they both read their questions off of a script and took notes while I answered them. It was a little intimidating just because they were writing a lot and at points I did not feel like they were really listening to *me*, but just listening for key things they wanted to hear. Overall, I thought the interview went well, but I wasn't selected for an offer, so I am sure they found what they were looking for in someone else.

Overall, the experience was okay. It was different from other interviews I have had, so I will take it as a learning experience.

Interview Questions
  • Describe a time when you had difficulty communicating to others.   Answer Question
  • Tell us about a time when you inspired positive self-development in another person.   Answer Question