T & T supermarket

Updated Dec 21, 2014

1.7

Interviews for Top Jobs at T & T supermarket

Accountant Interview

interviewed at T & T supermarket in May 2014.

the interview was initiated by HR specialist, who is quite nice. firstly she asked me whether there is any difficult to find the place, and talked about whether,which made me feel easy. Then she asked me to introduce myself. then she asked me about 10 questions, which are all behavior questions, and most of them have been prepare by me.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me how you reacted when someone else's errors were impacting negatively on your job   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket in July 2014.

basic interview questions. you have to be able to recognize all kinds of vegetables and fruit. nothing to be worried. you will have to memorize more than 200 codes for their vegie and fruit. they will test you these, if not qualified they will require you to keep memorizing. be prepared.

Kitchen Deli Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T & T supermarket in December 2013.

no difficult questions, just write down some common sentences we may use everyday in English (origin were Chinese sentences)

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Unionville, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Unionville, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket in February 2013.

I was given a bunch of codes for fruits and vegetables, and ask to memorize it and come back a week later to be tested. I didn't do too well on the test and got 12/25 cuz I coulnt tell the differences between all the types of apples they had.... theres like fuji, chinese fuji, gala, pink lady, red delicious, burnburn, smith , golden and new zealand apples... but I did really well on the writing test where they wrote down the name of vegetables and I justhad to fill in the codes. I guess I would suggest that you go to the store and observe the fruits and vegies so you dont mess up like me lol. So they hired me, I had to go to the head quater and sign sheets, watch videos about the company. Had 3 months of probation and was official hired after it as over.

Grocery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket in June 2012.

it's a coffee table interview, only asking practical questions, such as do you know how to do this or that. and just asking related questions to the career, not much fuss. when you go to HQ you bring your sin card and viod cheque and your employee card is printed and you can work

it's 10.25 straight on no hidden charges to work, benefits kicks in after 1 year

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornhill, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket in June 2010.

applied online, and later was called for a same day interview. No questions asked, but basically if you can memorize the numbers associated with produce products, you are hired.

Interview Questions
    abit above the hourly minimum wage

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at T & T supermarket in January 2010.

When I was interviewed, the HR asked me whether my family supports me to do cashier, I said 'not totally support', so the HR said 'it's hard work for cashier, because you have to stand 8 hours a day, I don't think you can stand that long...' then she let me to be interviewed for an office position, while when she asked me my salary expectation, I said '$15/hours', while, only '$10/hour' for the position, so I didn't get the offer, cause my expectation is high and they don't think I can stay there for long time.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think you can be a cashier as your background is 'office work' and you were a manager before you moved to Canada.   Answer Question
    • Does you family support you to be a cashier?   Answer Question