T & T supermarket Interview Questions

Updated Jun 13, 2015

1.9

Interviews for Top Jobs at T & T supermarket

Accountant Interview

Application

interviewed at T & T supermarket in May 2014.

Interview

the interview was initiated by HR specialist, who is quite nice. firstly she asked me whether there is any difficult to find the place, and talked about whether,which made me feel easy. Then she asked me to introduce myself. then she asked me about 10 questions, which are all behavior questions, and most of them have been prepare by me.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how you reacted when someone else's errors were impacting negatively on your job   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at T & T supermarket.

Interview

the interview process was very easy. There was no dress code for interview. A little bit memorization of certain codes. The store manager was very nice. She asked me questions and was hired on the spot.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in July 2014.

Interview

basic interview questions. you have to be able to recognize all kinds of vegetables and fruit. nothing to be worried. you will have to memorize more than 200 codes for their vegie and fruit. they will test you these, if not qualified they will require you to keep memorizing. be prepared.

Human Resources Officer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in February 2014.

Interview

First is a phone interview and then 2 face to face interview with HR person and manager of the team. If they need this position urgently, it'll take less than 2 weeks to hire you. Otherwise, it could be as long as a month.

Interview Questions

• Basically your past experience and what you know about the company. How do you   Answer Question
    • How do you handle multiple tasks at the same time?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Didn't try to negotiate, and didn't think it's worth to negotiate.

Kitchen Deli Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Surrey, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Surrey, BC (Canada)) in December 2013.

Interview

no difficult questions, just write down some common sentences we may use everyday in English (origin were Chinese sentences)

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Unionville, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Unionville, ON (Canada)) in February 2013.

Interview

I was given a bunch of codes for fruits and vegetables, and ask to memorize it and come back a week later to be tested. I didn't do too well on the test and got 12/25 cuz I coulnt tell the differences between all the types of apples they had.... theres like fuji, chinese fuji, gala, pink lady, red delicious, burnburn, smith , golden and new zealand apples... but I did really well on the writing test where they wrote down the name of vegetables and I justhad to fill in the codes. I guess I would suggest that you go to the store and observe the fruits and vegies so you dont mess up like me lol. So they hired me, I had to go to the head quater and sign sheets, watch videos about the company. Had 3 months of probation and was official hired after it as over.

Grocery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in June 2012.

Interview

it's a coffee table interview, only asking practical questions, such as do you know how to do this or that. and just asking related questions to the career, not much fuss. when you go to HQ you bring your sin card and viod cheque and your employee card is printed and you can work

Negotiation

it's 10.25 straight on no hidden charges to work, benefits kicks in after 1 year

Grocery Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in March 2011.

Interview

Applied Online and email, got a phone call from headoffice. One interview at the head office, and another one at the location I worked for. The questions were not that hard at all, they just asked some basic questions and see why I wanted to work there.

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Thornhill, ON (Canada)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Thornhill, ON (Canada)) in June 2010.

Interview

applied online, and later was called for a same day interview. No questions asked, but basically if you can memorize the numbers associated with produce products, you are hired.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

abit above the hourly minimum wage

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC (Canada)

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at T & T supermarket (Vancouver, BC (Canada)) in January 2010.

Interview

When I was interviewed, the HR asked me whether my family supports me to do cashier, I said 'not totally support', so the HR said 'it's hard work for cashier, because you have to stand 8 hours a day, I don't think you can stand that long...' then she let me to be interviewed for an office position, while when she asked me my salary expectation, I said '$15/hours', while, only '$10/hour' for the position, so I didn't get the offer, cause my expectation is high and they don't think I can stay there for long time.

Interview Questions

• How do you think you can be a cashier as your background is 'office work' and you were a manager before you moved to Canada.   Answer Question
    • Does you family support you to be a cashier?   Answer Question