T3 Trading Group

Relevance Date Difficulty

Trader Interview

Trader
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at T3 Trading Group in June 2014.

Interview Details – He sent me an email and make appointment about the interview. But I was unconvinent to go NYC so we did the phone interview. I didnt even give him my resume. It looks like he didnt need that. During the phone interview, he just explained this job and capital contribution,opt,etc.

Interview Question – whats your broker company and what's the transaction fee?   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at T3 Trading Group in May 2013.

Interview Details – Very chill environment, there is no cubical in the office and traders sit next to each others. Interview Process was simple, they just asked you some basic stuff about the market, what companies do Berkshire Hathaway own, whats the SP500 and gold trading at now. etc

Interview Question – Probably the brain teaser problems.   Answer Question

Equity Trader

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview Details – Applied for this position through LinkedIn. Got a email that informed me to have an onsite interview. Interview was easy, just told me to talk about myself. The rest of the interview was introducing how the company works. Use your own account, 5k contribution, keep 75% if you earn money, 90% if you become profitable. There is a 3 weeks training program but it takes 2000$. I have to schedule and take a test to get the position.

Interview Question – Can you tell me about yourself?   Answer Question

Proprietary Equities Trader Interview

Proprietary Equities Trader
New York, NY

I applied online - interviewed at T3 Trading Group in May 2014.

Interview Details – Relaxed interview setting. They don't ask to many difficult questions. Mostly just explaining what the company is all about. They seem willing to "hire" anyone with an interest and 5g to put in an account. No salary. Monthly payout if your up. Responsible for losses.

Interview Question – They just asked m to explain my trading background.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I was looking for more hands on training. You must pay for any classes they offer here.

Equity Trader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview Details – Got an email asked why you wanted to be a trader after several days of college application. Invited for an on-site interview right after. There is no much to say, if you show them you want to be a trader, you got an interview

Reason for Declining – Not declined yet, but it would be my last choice.

Equity Trader

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview Details – Applied through the career center website of university. After a few weeks someone give an reply via email to schedule a phone interview. The whole interview last about 10 minutes and just went over the resume. Then I was told about the contributed capital. Get an offer one month later.

Interview Question – Nothing special. Just go over the resume.   Answer Question

Equity Trader

I applied through college or university and interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Interview Details – On campus interview

Interview Question – What is risk?
Which is greater, 17% of 34 or 34% of 17
  Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at T3 Trading Group in March 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online through College Campus recruiting website. Was contacted by a Senior Trader about why I wanted to pursue proprietary trading as a career. I emailed him back with a long response describing my background and he soon emailed back inviting me to come to their offices in person to undergo his hiring process.

We met in person, the interview lasted about 2 hours. I sat down with him at his trading desk during market hours where he went over my resume at the desk, then we proceeded to go to another room where he administered a timed written test with three distinct sections: Market Knowledge, Behavioral, and Math Logic Games/Riddles. For the Math Logic Games/Riddles, just go through some of the same questions that other people have been posting and you should be fine.

He graded it in front of me and then we began to talk about his daily routine as a senior trader. I asked him a lot of questions and then he eventually took me out to give me a tour of the office where he showed me the trading software they use at T3 and showed me the different "areas" of the office.

Interview Questions

Reason for Declining – Awaiting other trading offers from different firms

Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at T3 Trading Group in December 2012.

Interview Details – Applied online. I got a reply by email asking me more about myself and why I wanted to become a trader. I then got a second email inviting me to the Miami office for interview. Nothing special what you would expect from a standard interview. I then got a formal offer after a week.

Interview Question – Nothing really hard, few market related questions, mathematical and logic   Answer Question

Trader Interview

Trader
New York, NY

Interview Details – Applied through my school and got an email from the trader whose desk I was going to be on. Emailed back saying why I wanted to be a trader and what my experience has been like. Interviewed in their NYC office a week later. I will say this- all my email correspondence has been extremely quick and efficient. All the traders respond within a matter of a few hours.

Interview Question – About 3 brain teasers, which change between the interviews. You should be fine if you can force yourself to think outside the box and integrate different information. Also a few fairly easy math problems.   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – Not too keen about the up-front cost

Worked for T3 Trading Group? Contribute to the Community!