T3 Trading Group

Updated Jan 27, 2015
Updated Jan 27, 2015

2.8

Entry Level Prop Trading Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T3 Trading Group.

I don't think the interview was challenging. The written test included two brain teasers, several math problems, market knowledge and self defining problems, like do you think you are an organized person. You have 15 mins to finish the test and it is quite simple if you have gone through the reviews others put here. There are also some behavioral questions like what two characteristics do you think to be a good trader. People there are friendly, you feel like you are chatting with the recruiter. But the problem is salary, there is no base and they require capital contribution. For entry level position, they also require you to attend a training course,which you have to pay for.

salary

Equity Trader Interview

After applying to their equity trader position, they will send out emails containing questions such as "what is your understanding of daily work of a equity trader?" and "What personality should a good trader have?"

Interview Questions
    • There is no question which is too difficult or enexpected   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T3 Trading Group.

It is the easiest interview I have ever gotten. Just one phone interview. No any technical questions and just several personality questions. I just told the recruiter some of my background and asked some questions. The phone interview was about 30 mins. After about one week, I received the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Just some common interview questions.   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at T3 Trading Group.

ask me some behavior question. What is the SP500 recently? How could be successful if you know that is a zero sum game? Why you want to become a trader? What do you know about trading?

Equity Trader Interview

applied from school web and get email why traders? I answered and got the onside interview. I flied to miami, FL for interview. The office is so small, maybe because it is new. the interview is based on behavior questions and a 20 mins written questions. Not very hard!

Interview Questions

no salary but capital comtribution

Equity Trader Interview

Sent in my resume, pitched some investment ideas. After a few emails and phone calls I met with the group in their Manhattan offices. Spent some time getting quizzed about the stock market, equity classes, and specific investment ideas. All went well, and after a few days I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Is the market a zero sum game? If so, why do you believe you are able to win?   Answer Question

Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T3 Trading Group in December 2014.

I basically come in to take exams and i am told to study hard and i am given three links one is a video, one is about T3 company and the other are 3 trading courses that all together cost 10,000 bucks and after that i am warned there is no base salary and contribution required which i think means your own money put into to trade? wow i believe this company is trying to take advantage of desperate job applicants who either can't find work or want a foot in the door into trading. Don't let yourself be taken advantage by these folks, go apply to a real trading company that doesn't charge you money to do well on exam and offers base salary.

Interview Questions
    • in a few words, tell me why you believe stock trading is for you?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had an on site interview for the summer internship position. I was asked questions about the market such as when does NYSE open and some brain teasers. It was about 30 to 40 minutes and it was not a bad exeprience to talk with a trader about their daily work.

Entry Level Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at T3 Trading Group.

Send resume to one of the employees in T3 trading, got replied very soon. Have an on-site interview, beginning with a written test. The first part is market data, S&P 500, gold, oil, FX, debt rate,etc, and others are basic maths and probability.
    Followed with an interview with basically behavior questions, i.e., if you can go back time in your life what would you do, who in the history you wanna have dinner with...
    The interview took place in the silent trading floor so lots of other trader can hear you answer.

Equity Trader Interview

applied through school website, and had the interview at their trading desk. the questions are not hard. feels like the job do not require programming skill like most of the other companies do. The main trades as a new trader would be intraday trading.