T3 Trading Group Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online – interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

The manager always busy.His assistant tour me around the office. Then talk about the position in detail. What requirements of it. Test me the basic trading concept. Ask me to contribute company if I accept this position, in other word, proprietary trader trade by their own equity with leverage.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at T3 Trading Group.

One on one interview. Basic questions. Friendly interviewer.

Google "risk" and try your best to understand it. Sell yourself as why you are a good risk for the interviewer to take. They spend time and energy training you so what is in it for them.

If you need an income within a few months, I would not recommend this position. There is no salary. Even if you are profitable for one month, it doesn't mean you can do it consistently. This position will require significant savings and/or help from family.

Day Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

resume question followed by a test and an follow up interview asking about why T3, indepth analysis and an introduction of how a trader's day like. initial contribution of 5000 dollars and a training fee of 5000 dollars. Have to get the license before work.

Day Trader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at T3 Trading Group in February 2015.

It was a quick interview process, with great ease and personal questions. The recruiter was very friendly, and had years of experience in this field. So, do not pretend you know the industry when you don't.

Entry Level Prop Trading Interview

I don't think the interview was challenging. The written test included two brain teasers, several math problems, market knowledge and self defining problems, like do you think you are an organized person. You have 15 mins to finish the test and it is quite simple if you have gone through the reviews others put here. There are also some behavioral questions like what two characteristics do you think to be a good trader. People there are friendly, you feel like you are chatting with the recruiter. But the problem is salary, there is no base and they require capital contribution. For entry level position, they also require you to attend a training course,which you have to pay for.

salary

Prop Trader Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at T3 Trading Group.

My interviewer basically showed me around the trading floor before the interview. He didn't ask me many questions, just one or two based on my resume. The interview was mostly him talking about his experience before and after joining this company as well as how this prop trading thing works.

Equity Trader Interview

After applying to their equity trader position, they will send out emails containing questions such as "what is your understanding of daily work of a equity trader?" and "What personality should a good trader have?"

Interview Questions
    • There is no question which is too difficult or enexpected   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at T3 Trading Group.

It is the easiest interview I have ever gotten. Just one phone interview. No any technical questions and just several personality questions. I just told the recruiter some of my background and asked some questions. The phone interview was about 30 mins. After about one week, I received the job offer.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult question. Just some common interview questions.   Answer Question

Equity Trader Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at T3 Trading Group.

ask me some behavior question. What is the SP500 recently? How could be successful if you know that is a zero sum game? Why you want to become a trader? What do you know about trading?

Equity Trader Interview

Sent in my resume, pitched some investment ideas. After a few emails and phone calls I met with the group in their Manhattan offices. Spent some time getting quizzed about the stock market, equity classes, and specific investment ideas. All went well, and after a few days I was offered a position.

Interview Questions
    • Is the market a zero sum game? If so, why do you believe you are able to win?   Answer Question