TASC

2.4

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC.

Interviewed by 4 mangers within the Finance organization, 2 at a time. I had a great interview experience and felt comfortable with the managers. If you could make them laugh, I think you'll have a good chance.

As it was an internship position, there wasn't really a negotiation phase.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC.

I submitted my application to job reqs posted on the TASC website. I first had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and spoke casually. It was more of a conversation than a straight question/answer interview and he mostly told me about the company, asked me a few questions about what I was looking for, and told me he thought my interests were in line with what they had to offer. They flew me out for an interview with 2 different groups within the company. Met with my phone interviewer first, then went through a few more individual interviews of about 15 minutes each, give or take. I was interviewed by the line/functional manager, and the leads for 2 different projects that I was being considered for. Everyone was friendly and the interviews were all more of a conversation than a firehose of questions. Basic things like tell me about your experience in this area or that area, what are your interests, etc. I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had, and felt very comfortable with the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the two jobs that I interviewed for would I rather have?   View Answer
    I accepted the original offer.

Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC in November 2012.

This was my first interview as I prepared to retire from the military. Low key setting at a northern Virginia office, following a resume review phone interview with the recruiter. Two interviews back-to-back in about tow hours, one with the project lead and the other with the technical lead. Some questions about my specific experience with IC information assurance documents, my experience with DoD IA processes and policy appeared to meet their concerns but I would have been expected to quickly come up to speed with IC policy. I was happy with what I heard about how they planned to develop personnel, and I am continuing to look at TASC for positions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience with IC information assurance policy.   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TASC in November 2011.

One of the most ridiculous interviews I've ever had. I was interviewed by a succession of four different people. Each one asked about my software development skills. The HR rep came in at the end and said, "the interviewers all liked you, but they felt you might be better as a systems engineer. What do you think of that?" I reached out to my resume sitting on the table in front of us, turned it towards her, and pointed to the top of page 1: "Objective: Senior Systems Engineer." She looked a bit flustered and mumbled something like, "Well, OK, then."

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through other source. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TASC in September 2011.

The interview was for an internal corporate position to move into a different career track in program management. The position would have required an increase in my commitment of time by 20%. Also, the customer for this contract would require both program management and technical leadership within a technical specialty that is only peripherally in my resume.

Although I am qualified, I decided to decline the offer due to personal and family obligations that would not be well served and would interfere with the increased demands on my time and attention.

Systems Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC in October 2010.

Mainly involved speaking with a headhunter, having a 45-minute sit-down interview with a group of three people, and having a follow-up phone call with another person.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an incompetent client?   View Answer
    Inflexible

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at TASC in September 2010.

Interview was quick and not very in depth. In retrospect, I suspect it's the urgency of the vacancy and lack of subject matter expertise. My predecessors who understood the work involved all have left the company. Hiring process was pretty standard. It was perhaps expedited due to the urgency of the vacancy. Interview and conclusion of the hiring process (mailed signed confirmation) took less than 4 days.

Interview Questions
    • "Did you really work directly under a government senior executive staff (SES)?" - In disbelief. Difficult to convince the interviewer of the truth when he already discounted my ability due to my youthful looks.   Answer Question
    Straight forward. I asked, they met, I signed.

Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TASC in July 2010.

I sent my resume to a current employee and they submitted my resume to the req that was online. I got a call that they were interested in interviewing me a few days later and I set up an interview for the next week (or so). The interview lasted about 2.5 hours and included meeting with different project/task leads (2 at a time) and the hiring manager and program manager. It also included a brief interview w/ HR and Security since it was for a job requiring a clearance. HR/recruiting rep gave a brief overview of the company and the people/section I would be interviewing with before the interview. I heard back in a few days that they wanted to extend me an offer. They sent me the "application" paperwork that I had to fill out, then they sent me a written offer after I turned that back in. Once they had my acceptance, they sent me an acceptance packet that included background check papers and drug test instructions. I go to a local lab to give a sample for the blood test and when everything was received by HR, we set my start date. From interview to the time I had a start date was about 3 - 4 weeks, but I was on vacation in the middle of that, which slowed the process down on my part. TASC was very quick with their decision and their actions. I started with them about 6 weeks after my initial interview.

Interview Questions
    • The interviewers wanted to know the skills and tools I had used that would be applicable to my new job. Since it was an orbits-related job, they asked about my knowledge of orbits, tools I've used such as STK (Satellite Toolkit), and programming skills (C++ in particular).   Answer Question
    The offer they gave me was in the range I was looking for, so I did not need to negotiate further. I believe they are fair in their offers based on work experience, education level, and whether or not you have a clearance (if the job requires it).

Systems Engineer V Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TASC in January 2010.

The interview process took place over an entire morning. The position was opened for a specific contract. One HR rep and three contract management staff interviewed me separately. However, the interview not only focused on the particular contract position, but on skills that could be applied elsewhere in the company.

Interview Questions
    • Throughout your career, what was the job move you regretted the most and why?   Answer Question
    No negotiation was needed. I was looking to leave my former employer Lockheed-Martin and would have taken a lateral move. TASC offered 5% above my current salary.

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TASC in March 2009.

One interview with BU VP. Pretty simple.

Interview Questions
    Painful, was initially paid under market. TASC did not budge in negotiations. Eventually provided semi-adequate raise.