TASC Interview Questions

Updated Jun 14, 2015

2.6

Collection Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at TASC.

Interview

long in duration. Interview very easy and short. negotiation and govt approval took nearly 2 months. too long. Nice people, one of which I knew. I did not realize it would take so long to negotiate and get an offer, etc.

Negotiation

short

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at TASC (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Multi-phased...detailed, many levels, in person and telephonic. Had to exert a great deal of patience. The process was a screening, presentation, in person interview to include board members. It was very detailed but i got the feeling they weren't sure what they wanted in one candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Challenging

PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TASC (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Two people, face to face. No need to wear a suit and tie, but slacks and a collared shirt will be expected, as that's the standard work attire for computer professionals. Nothing out of the ordinary. If you've been prior military or on a government contract before, you'll fit right in and have a comfortable, constructive conversation

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than other potential candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They provided a written offer, to which I submitted a counteroffer, and then they submitted a second offer, which was accepted. Typical meeting in the middle of two extremes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter to set up phone interview, then a week later had a one hour phone interview with the project mentor. After the interview, received an invitation to tour the facilities. Two days later the recruiter contacted me with a job offer.

Software Engineering Internship Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC.

Interview

Spoke with a College recruiter on the phone, got a Skype interview on a weekday in between my classes on college. Great experience!

Senior Program Manager Interview

Application

Interview

Interview process was fairly informal. They did not practice Behavioral Interview Techniques like STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

Interviewed by 4 mangers within the Finance organization, 2 at a time. I had a great interview experience and felt comfortable with the managers. If you could make them laugh, I think you'll have a good chance.

Negotiation

As it was an internship position, there wasn't really a negotiation phase.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TASC.

Interview

A recruiter first confirms your qualifications, then schedules a meeting with management. I met with two people, the first person would be my manager, and the other person would be my lead on the contract. They asked questions about my experience and how I like to work as in by myself or with a team. They also explained the company philosophy. After interviewing with them, I met someone from security to go over my clearance information. Last was HR who talked more formally about the benefits and the next steps.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle difficult people?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They made an offer which was more than I was making before so I accepted the offer.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA).

Interview

I submitted my application to job reqs posted on the TASC website. I first had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and spoke casually. It was more of a conversation than a straight question/answer interview and he mostly told me about the company, asked me a few questions about what I was looking for, and told me he thought my interests were in line with what they had to offer. They flew me out for an interview with 2 different groups within the company. Met with my phone interviewer first, then went through a few more individual interviews of about 15 minutes each, give or take. I was interviewed by the line/functional manager, and the leads for 2 different projects that I was being considered for. Everyone was friendly and the interviews were all more of a conversation than a firehose of questions. Basic things like tell me about your experience in this area or that area, what are your interests, etc. I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had, and felt very comfortable with the whole process.

Interview Questions

• Which of the two jobs that I interviewed for would I rather have?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I accepted the original offer.

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TASC in February 2013.

Interview

Three interviews with management, agreed to everything except salary. Stated higher pay and they cut it twice. New manager did not know position.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want the job at the lower salary?   1 Answer

Negotiation

not a lot of fun.