TASC Interview Questions

2.6

PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TASC.

Two people, face to face. No need to wear a suit and tie, but slacks and a collared shirt will be expected, as that's the standard work attire for computer professionals. Nothing out of the ordinary. If you've been prior military or on a government contract before, you'll fit right in and have a comfortable, constructive conversation

Interview Questions
    • What makes you more qualified than other potential candidates for this position?   Answer Question
    They provided a written offer, to which I submitted a counteroffer, and then they submitted a second offer, which was accepted. Typical meeting in the middle of two extremes.

Software Engineering Internship Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC.

Spoke with a College recruiter on the phone, got a Skype interview on a weekday in between my classes on college. Great experience!

Senior Program Manager Interview

Interview process was fairly informal. They did not practice Behavioral Interview Techniques like STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result).

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC.

Interviewed by 4 mangers within the Finance organization, 2 at a time. I had a great interview experience and felt comfortable with the managers. If you could make them laugh, I think you'll have a good chance.

As it was an internship position, there wasn't really a negotiation phase.

Systems Engineer IV Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at TASC.

A recruiter first confirms your qualifications, then schedules a meeting with management. I met with two people, the first person would be my manager, and the other person would be my lead on the contract. They asked questions about my experience and how I like to work as in by myself or with a team. They also explained the company philosophy. After interviewing with them, I met someone from security to go over my clearance information. Last was HR who talked more formally about the benefits and the next steps.

Interview Questions
    They made an offer which was more than I was making before so I accepted the offer.

Systems Engineer II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC.

I submitted my application to job reqs posted on the TASC website. I first had a phone interview for about 30 minutes. The interviewer was friendly and spoke casually. It was more of a conversation than a straight question/answer interview and he mostly told me about the company, asked me a few questions about what I was looking for, and told me he thought my interests were in line with what they had to offer. They flew me out for an interview with 2 different groups within the company. Met with my phone interviewer first, then went through a few more individual interviews of about 15 minutes each, give or take. I was interviewed by the line/functional manager, and the leads for 2 different projects that I was being considered for. Everyone was friendly and the interviews were all more of a conversation than a firehose of questions. Basic things like tell me about your experience in this area or that area, what are your interests, etc. I was given the opportunity to ask any questions I had, and felt very comfortable with the whole process.

Interview Questions
    • Which of the two jobs that I interviewed for would I rather have?   View Answer
    I accepted the original offer.

Computer Systems Analyst Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at TASC in February 2013.

Three interviews with management, agreed to everything except salary. Stated higher pay and they cut it twice. New manager did not know position.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want the job at the lower salary?   View Answer
    not a lot of fun.

Information Assurance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASC in November 2012.

This was my first interview as I prepared to retire from the military. Low key setting at a northern Virginia office, following a resume review phone interview with the recruiter. Two interviews back-to-back in about tow hours, one with the project lead and the other with the technical lead. Some questions about my specific experience with IC information assurance documents, my experience with DoD IA processes and policy appeared to meet their concerns but I would have been expected to quickly come up to speed with IC policy. I was happy with what I heard about how they planned to develop personnel, and I am continuing to look at TASC for positions.

Interview Questions
    • Asked about experience with IC information assurance policy.   View Answer

Senior Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TASC in November 2011.

One of the most ridiculous interviews I've ever had. I was interviewed by a succession of four different people. Each one asked about my software development skills. The HR rep came in at the end and said, "the interviewers all liked you, but they felt you might be better as a systems engineer. What do you think of that?" I reached out to my resume sitting on the table in front of us, turned it towards her, and pointed to the top of page 1: "Objective: Senior Systems Engineer." She looked a bit flustered and mumbled something like, "Well, OK, then."

Mobile Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TASC in September 2011.

I was given a 5 page written test.
    I met with a group of 3 developers and was asked a series of technical, process and personality questions.
    I met with a security specialist and discuss some questions relevant to securing a security clearance.
    Finally I met with the HR representative to discuss salary and benefits

Interview Questions
    • What is the relationship between C and Objective C?   View Answer
    • How does the retain/release process work in Objective C?   View Answer