TASC Interview Questions

Updated Aug 25, 2015

2.6

Contract Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed with the principal who was the manager/supervisor of the position being interviewd for. There was no structure to the interview; the interviewer did not formally introduce himself/herself or provide any kind of opening statement/remarks. I felt the need to begin the interview & did so by discussing my background, qualifications, & interest in the advertised position. The interviewer asked several job-related questions, did not refer to any notes or written materials nor did he/she take any notes. All-in-all it wasn't a bad interview, just not what I am accustomed to after sitting on the other side of the table for over 200 interviews. I was told me that I would hear back from the Talent Acquisition Dept later in the week re. a potential job offer as it related to the interview.

Information Security Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at TASC (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Basically we sat down and talked about my resume and qualifications. I qualified for the job, but when we talked about salary, it was 4k less than what I was making now. He said that was the best he could offer so I turned it down. The following week I got an offer from a different company that was 2k over what I was making now so I accepted that offer and started working soon after.

Interview Questions

• Asked about Cyber/Information Security Certifications like the CISSP, CEH, Linux+, MCTS, GCIH, GREM, etc.   1 Answer

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in El Segundo, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at TASC (El Segundo, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied for the job online. I exchanged several emails with human resources to coordinate interview times, and then met with the hiring manager for half an hour. I was already doing the job at another company, and TASC had won the government contract away from the company that I was working for. The hiring manager seemed enthusiastic about my background. The human resources manager called back and said that TASC wanted to hire me. However, they wanted to offer me the same job I was doing at a 30% pay cut. I declined. I have heard from several coworkers that they have had a very similar experience with TASC wanting them to take a substantial cut in pay.

Collection Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at TASC.

Interview

long in duration. Interview very easy and short. negotiation and govt approval took nearly 2 months. too long. Nice people, one of which I knew. I did not realize it would take so long to negotiate and get an offer, etc.

Negotiation

short

Software Engineer I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chantilly, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at TASC (Chantilly, VA) in June 2014.

Interview

The interview was primarily a character interview, with some technical aspects included. I was submitted through a referral process via someone I had worked with previously, and met with my future manager and two developers who worked for him. I was asked mostly questions pertaining to my technical background, projects I had worked on, and standard character questions. I had actually brought my computer to show a project I had worked on, which I believe helped me in the long run.

Interview Questions

• What's one difficult problem that you needed to solve, and how did you solve it?   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at TASC (San Francisco, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

Multi-phased...detailed, many levels, in person and telephonic. Had to exert a great deal of patience. The process was a screening, presentation, in person interview to include board members. It was very detailed but i got the feeling they weren't sure what they wanted in one candidate.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Challenging

PC/Network Tech IV/Server Administrator Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at TASC (San Antonio, TX).

Interview

Two people, face to face. No need to wear a suit and tie, but slacks and a collared shirt will be expected, as that's the standard work attire for computer professionals. Nothing out of the ordinary. If you've been prior military or on a government contract before, you'll fit right in and have a comfortable, constructive conversation

Interview Questions

• What makes you more qualified than other potential candidates for this position?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They provided a written offer, to which I submitted a counteroffer, and then they submitted a second offer, which was accepted. Typical meeting in the middle of two extremes.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC (San Antonio, TX) in April 2014.

Interview

First contacted by recruiter to set up phone interview, then a week later had a one hour phone interview with the project mentor. After the interview, received an invitation to tour the facilities. Two days later the recruiter contacted me with a job offer.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at TASC.

Interview

Spoke with a College recruiter on the phone, got a Skype interview on a weekday in between my classes on college. Great experience!

Application

Interview

Interview process was fairly informal. They did not practice Behavioral Interview Techniques like STAR (Situation, Task, Action, Result).