TASER Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

3.4

Application

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TASER in May 2015.

Interview

Unpleasant. Serious. And this was just the phone interview. It also didn't help that I have bad reception at my apt. and learned the hard way via this interview. But it was a 3 person conference call interview. probably among the most miserable I've ever conducted. I was not properly briefed by my recruiter and they asked me questions that I was not prepared for. It was clear at the end that it wasn't a fit and I did not want to work there and they probably wouldn't want me anyway. To make matters worse I really felt that way from the beginning.

Interview Questions

• If you had to structure an assembly operation how would you do it?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASER in January 2015.

Interview

The process was fairly relaxed and friendly. The process started with a variety of fit questions, but did not cover the resume in a great level of detail. The process ended with a short set of basic logic questions. The interviewer was enthusiastic and welcoming and made the experience positive overall.

Front End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TASER in December 2014.

Interview

I first met with a manager for coffee, it was a great experience and was shown the product and talked about the company. Had a good chat overall. I came away with a really good feeling about the company and their environment. I was then scheduled for a 30-45 minute tech screen via google docs I was asked two questions in the tech interview: fizzbuzz and looksay fizzbuzz was pretty straightforward, however, the looksay question was a bit un-intuitive.

Interview Questions

• I felt that asking the looksay question is the wrong caliber for a front-end developer. I had some difficulty with it because I have never heard of this question/algorithym before (I googled it later). It felt like the interviewer was looking for one specific answer and I could tell that he was getting frustrated that I didn't know the answer. He quickly ended the interview. To me it seems like this is not the type of question to be asking if they are looking for a front-end developer. Seems like a good question for a senior DB role.   2 Answers

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TASER (Seattle, WA) in October 2014.

Interview

First a phone screening with HR. It was just a few brief questions and provided information about the company and its culture. Few days later I was informed about a one hour technical phone screen. I had to write code on a shared google document. It was average difficulty, that should take someone at least 20 minutes but no more than an hour to solve. Communication during the interview was good. Within one day I got a response for an on-site technical interview. It was 3 technical interviews (1 hr each) from 9-12. Lunch break with a few team members. Nothing technical discussed in lunch, just chatted and enjoyed the food. Also got to learn more about the company culture and what kind of people they are looking for. After lunch, a 1.5 hour interview with a manager and then another 1 hour technical interview. My last interview overran by an extra hour. But during that extra time I felt like things had gone well and I was given more information about the company and given opportunity to ask questions. Within a week I was told that someone wants to talk to me about a potential offer and my expectations. After the phone conversation I had the offer within a few days. The whole process took about 3 weeks but probably could have gone faster if my own schedule had allowed it. It seemed that when Taser likes someone they move fast to get them on board.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about problem solving. They were in these areas: -Finding numbers from arrays -Searching inside a matrix/graph -Bit manipulation related problems -Efficiently detecting simple/basic patterns -String manipulation/conversion   Answer Question

Front-End Developer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TASER.

Interview

Worked with a recruiter who initially scheduled a one-hour meet-and-greet with an Engineering Manager over coffee. The two of us discussed the company, the position, and talked in general about web development technology. Was great. Loved talking shop with this guy. A day later, I was scheduled for a technical phone screen with a Sr. Engineer. The interviewer described his role for about a minute, then went straight into having me do coding exercises. We signed into an online code editor that allowed the interviewer and myself to see each other type in the editor, real-time. The first question was FizzBuzz. I had heard this question before, years ago, and knew it was a simple loop with some modulus operators and if statements. After that, we proceeded onto the next question: write the algorithm to generate the "look-and-say sequence." He explained it and showed me example output in the code editor. It was easy enough to grasp. I stumbled for a bit, feeling panicked and nervous. He asked me to talk through how to solve it, which I did--and that helped a bit. I still struggled to translate my thought process to code under the pressure though. After about ten or fifteen minutes, I came up with a solution that was approximate but didn't produce the right output right away. The interviewer ended the call after this exercise. I felt like I was probably close enough that they would be fine proceeding, but they chose not to continue any interviews with me, ending my candidacy then and there. After I got off the phone, I spent about five minutes looking over and modifying my algorithm before I got the correct output.

Interview Questions

• Look-say sequence generation algorithm   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TASER in March 2014.

Interview

Began with an on-campus interview, followed by a phone interview, and finally an on-site interview at TASER HQ in Scottsdale. Interviews varied from standard getting-to-know-you questions to tricky brain teasers and technical engineering questions. I was interviewed by managers across various departments as well as the executive team. Met a lot of young people working for the company over lunch.

Interview Questions

• How many t-rex occupied what is now the United States?   1 Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TASER (Scottsdale, AZ) in February 2014.

Interview

Initial phone interview then an onsite half day interview process. Overall about 4 hours of interviews. Multiple one on one interviews, then a "stress" test. They ask standard behavioral questions as well as "odd ball" questions. The company views itself as a "tech start up" so it has that laid back feel. Avoid being overly "intense" or robotic.

Interview Questions

• Estimate the population increase of the US last year.   1 Answer

Leadership Development Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TASER (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

First interviewed at a career fair, panel of three recruiters. Asked me general questions about my resume, past projects, why TASER, and what I'd contribute to the team. Second round request came a week later, phone interview with one member of the recruiting team. Asked me to describe past jobs, mathematics questions (basic calculus and geometry) some physics and basic statics and thermodynamics questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your favorite product (doesn't have to be Taser) and your favorite brand.   1 Answer

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASER (Scottsdale, AZ) in January 2014.

Interview

Initial HR phone interview followed by day long on-site interview with one final 'stress' interview with a gang of people. They will take you to a long lunch. But this is really a tricky part. So don't go overboard with your eating or drinking. But just go with the flow. Many people are ex-police officers. So be aware of that.

Interview Questions

• How to estimate US population growth ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't have much choice. The medical insurance was bad. I had to get my own.

Interview

After applying via my school's website, I was contacted for an interview. I was interviewed by three people which was intimidating and they asked me several brainteaser questions

Interview Questions

• You are running a marathon. If you pass the person in third place, what place are you in now?   3 Answers