TASER

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.2

Front-End Developer Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TASER.

Worked with a recruiter who initially scheduled a one-hour meet-and-greet with an Engineering Manager over coffee. The two of us discussed the company, the position, and talked in general about web development technology. Was great. Loved talking shop with this guy.

A day later, I was scheduled for a technical phone screen with a Sr. Engineer. The interviewer described his role for about a minute, then went straight into having me do coding exercises.

We signed into an online code editor that allowed the interviewer and myself to see each other type in the editor, real-time.

The first question was FizzBuzz. I had heard this question before, years ago, and knew it was a simple loop with some modulus operators and if statements.

After that, we proceeded onto the next question: write the algorithm to generate the "look-and-say sequence." He explained it and showed me example output in the code editor. It was easy enough to grasp.

I stumbled for a bit, feeling panicked and nervous. He asked me to talk through how to solve it, which I did--and that helped a bit. I still struggled to translate my thought process to code under the pressure though.

After about ten or fifteen minutes, I came up with a solution that was approximate but didn't produce the right output right away.

The interviewer ended the call after this exercise. I felt like I was probably close enough that they would be fine proceeding, but they chose not to continue any interviews with me, ending my candidacy then and there.

After I got off the phone, I spent about five minutes looking over and modifying my algorithm before I got the correct output.

Interview Questions
    • Look-say sequence generation algorithm   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TASER in February 2014.

Initial phone interview then an onsite half day interview process. Overall about 4 hours of interviews. Multiple one on one interviews, then a "stress" test. They ask standard behavioral questions as well as "odd ball" questions.

The company views itself as a "tech start up" so it has that laid back feel. Avoid being overly "intense" or robotic.

Senior Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TASER in January 2014.

Initial HR phone interview followed by day long on-site interview with one final 'stress' interview with a gang of people. They will take you to a long lunch. But this is really a tricky part. So don't go overboard with your eating or drinking. But just go with the flow. Many people are ex-police officers. So be aware of that.

Interview Questions
    • How to estimate US population growth ?   View Answer
    Didn't have much choice. The medical insurance was bad. I had to get my own.

Leadership Development Rotation Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TASER in January 2014.

First interviewed at a career fair, panel of three recruiters. Asked me general questions about my resume, past projects, why TASER, and what I'd contribute to the team.
    Second round request came a week later, phone interview with one member of the recruiting team. Asked me to describe past jobs, mathematics questions (basic calculus and geometry) some physics and basic statics and thermodynamics questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us about your favorite product (doesn't have to be Taser) and your favorite brand.   Answer Question

Leadership Development Program Interview

After applying via my school's website, I was contacted for an interview. I was interviewed by three people which was intimidating and they asked me several brainteaser questions

Interview Questions
    • You are running a marathon. If you pass the person in third place, what place are you in now?   View Answers (2)

Sales Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at TASER.

Two interviews; one on the phone and one face-to-face half day session. Very intense interviewing! 5 individual f-t-f interviews and one panel version with CEO, COO, VP of Sales, and Director of Sales. Overall, very quick process. You will be asked to roll play a lot. Then some of the usual stuff (e.g. What was your most difficult situation and how did you overcome it, I have $100 sell me something, What was one of your greatest successes, etc.)

Project Manager Interview

Interviewed for an IT project manager position. I felt I was completely qualified and have successfully managed complex engineering & IT projects. The hiring manager was new and didnt seem to really know where he was taking his team therefore it wasnt clear what they were looking for. His questions were more yes, no except one strange question...why is the sky blue...was very odd.

Interview Questions
    • Why is the sky blue? still baffles me!   View Answer

Marketing Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TASER.

First step had to answer 3 written questions, then went ahead to phone interview, many technical questions were asked, about mechanics in physics, math, logic, and more physics, then a few weeks after got a skype interview, more logical, and though provoking questions, then an overview of the position, and brief description of the company

Interview Questions
    • if there is a block sliding down a ramp with constant speed, what can be said about it's weight?   View Answer

Leadership Development Program Interview

I applied online – interviewed at TASER.

Three four interviews with analytical and problem solving questions.

Field Sales Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at TASER in February 2013.

A 3 to 5 step interviewing process. Last interview at headquarters. Phone interviews with very structured questions.

Interview Questions
    • Why should we hire you if you don"t have law enforcement experience?   View Answers (2)