TBC

Updated Jul 21, 2014

2.3

Retail Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at TBC.

No behavior/structured interview questions. Not what you would expect from a billion dollar firm these days. Spoke with a recruiter briefly on the phone and spent a couple hours in house . I was asked about my experience, and knowledge of various ERP/IT systems. Met with a couple of SVP's and my would be manager. Was told before the interview ended that I would be made an offer.

Interview Questions
    • What is the most difficult excel formula you ever created?   Answer Question
    Did not neogicate. Offer was for more than I expected. Asked for relocation assitance and was declined.

Store Manager Interview

I applied through other source. The process took a dayinterviewed at TBC.

Hired from within company, interview was upper management begging me to run a store with tons of promises and no follow through. No follow up or assistance when needed. Was lied to and cheated.

Interview Questions
    • Ok everyone this is the new store manager you now listen to him.   Answer Question

IT Intern Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TBC.

Interview process was divided up into meeting with different VPs of their departments. Once a match was found based on your skills and abilities you would be placed as close to your desired position as possible.

Interview Questions
    • How would you handle an unexpected outage on a business critical application?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Palm Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TBC.

Typical 3 interview process. One one the phone and 2 follow-up in person.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked how I would solve the problem of half of the developers being too lazy.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Not many questions asked. More talk about the company.

Store Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

I applied online – interviewed at TBC in July 2013.

Submitted my application on line , got a call from store manager about a month later, was interviewed by store manager, told to stay to meet the district manager.After that never hear a word from them again.And they told me that no matter what happen they will let me know, I Am still waiting.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palm Beach Gardens, FL

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at TBC in December 2012.

The interview process was fairly standard - phone interview, and then an on-site interview with several of the staff. Very clean and professional place - easygoing and honest.

Interview Questions
    • How have I addressed a challenging client in the past - very standard question .   View Answer
    Done through a recruiter - taken care if before I accepted.

Corp Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Juno Beach, FL

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TBC in June 2010.

2 interviews, with the second being a panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Technical question on how I would resolve a very specific scenario   View Answer
    Bonus structures are fixed by position/level (I've been told second hand), so try and negotiate salary. I was told that after that they target to get people at the 25th percentile, so you can push for 10% more probably for managing or lead positions....

Manager Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at TBC in November 2009.

Initial phone interview was to have a chat and see what my general goals and aspirations were within the company.
    1 on 1 was to see if I was suitable and answered the right questions; and more importantly asked the right questions.
    Personality test - seems to be the regular nowadays...

Interview Questions
    • If you could improve what you know about our company, what would it be?   View Answer

Senior Management Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ monthsinterviewed at TBC in September 2009.

Long drawn out interview process that extended well over 4 months. Group interview focused on presentation skills over arbitrary topic. 15 mins was given to prepare and elaborate on a HRMIS solution. Focus was on details around managing the user experience and ensuring they had the necessary tools to be able to adopt the new solution. Subsequent interviews were focused on this scenario. Seems to be a common area of focus as the interviewers like to ensure candidates can function properly in stretch roles.

Interview Questions
    • Assuming you have already looked at TBC's website, how would you restructure and what improvements would you incorporate? Why have you chosen the improvements indicated earlier.   View Answer

Low ball offer with change in policy over relocation expenses.
    Cut throat management style observed during interaction with workers during interviews. I decided it was not a good fit as it seems to be highly competitive with little chance of success. Re-org on the technical as well as the corporate side at the time indicated a weak structure and a struggling company.