TBWA\Chiat\Day

Relevance Date Difficulty

New Business Manager Interview

New Business Manager

Interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day

Interview Details – I first interviewed with HR and then the Executive New Business Manager. It was actually semi casual and more conversational. Awaiting to hear if I've made it to round 3.

Assistant Account Executive Interview

Assistant Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in August 2010.

Interview Details – First contact was HR for an intitial screening and then met with the entire team including account director - totalling 7 people (some were coupled) for a total of 3 hours.

Negotiation Details – No real room to negotiate salary for this level.

Account Management Intern Interview

Account Management Intern
New York, NY

I applied in-person and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

Interview Details – It was a great experience. The HR interviewer was kind, professional and yet, let you feel comfortable. The best option is to bring in a portfolio of any work you've done in class or through an advertising organization (something tangible to show off your skills).

Interview Question – What is your favorite ad right now?   Answer Question

Budget Coordinator Interview

Budget Coordinator
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't difficult at all. Although the hardest part of it was how unconventional it is. You interview at a park with dogs walking around. The questions weren't grueling nor intense just a little out of the norm.

Interview Question – Having to deal with the distractions around you being in such a unconventional setting during your interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Non negotiable.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in September 2009.

Interview Details – Extensive interview process, had to meet with 6+ people on the brand I was interviewing for. Great to be exposed to the LA office as it is pretty stunning. Great diverse workplace that felt creative, dynamic.

Interview Question – Explain TBWA's disruption philosophy. Need to know this really well (read Jean Marie Dru's books).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Yes, always negotiate. HR didn't budge too much on salary but it did increase a bit.

Intern Interview

Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in April 2013.

Interview Details – pretty good
2 rounds- initial phone interview with HR, and then in-person interview with team
Everyone was very nice, no curveballs

Interview Question – nothing really   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None

Account Executive Interview

Account Executive
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in April 2009.

Interview Details – Met with 7 people

Interview Question – Nothing crazy   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Greeter Interview

Greeter
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

Interview Details – 1. I was initially referred through a former employee. It seems to be impossible to get a job (or an interview in the first place) without some sort of reference. This seems to hold true for most of the advertising industry, not just Chiat.

2. I received an email after applying online to set up a time for a phone interview.

3. The phone interview was less than 10 minutes and included very basic questions. No tricks, no situational questions, no industry questions whatsoever except for, "Can you name some of our current clients?" Take 20 minutes to read up on TBWA\Chiat\Day, current clients, and the basics of an advertising agency and you'll be more than fine.

4. I received an email 24 hours after the phone interview to schedule an in-person interview at the office.

5. The in-person interview was with my direct supervisor and was the most laid-back interview I've ever had. Again- no trick questions, no situational questions, no industry questions. Most of the interview was devoted to telling me what the job would entail, the rest was asking me what I liked to do for fun.

6. I was offered the job by phone less than a week after the in-person interview.

Interview Question – Do you know how an advertising agency works? (Phone interview).   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiating whatsoever.

Account Supervisor Interview

Account Supervisor

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

Interview Details – interviewed with a total of 12 people for 2 different accounts.

Interview Question – no questions were too difficult to handle. It's pretty intimidating once you're in the building since it's such a great space and you see Lee Clow walking around.   Answer Question

New Business Intern Interview

New Business Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied online - interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in August 2012.

Interview Details – I applied online and was contacted by HR Department. The first phone interview was conducted by someone in the HR Department. The questions were nothing complex very simple and easy. The second phone interview was with another person in the HR department to place me in a department within the agency. The final interview was in person within the New Business department. It was extremely laid back and easy going. There were not any trick questions. We just went over my resume and I just had to elaborate on previous experiences. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming.

Interview Question – What do you like to do on your spare time?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was applying for an internship in Los Angeles. The negotiation phases were mainly about what days I can come in. It was an unpaid and for credit internship so salaries were not in the conversation.

Worked for TBWA\Chiat\Day? Contribute to the Community!