TBWA\Chiat\Day Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014
Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.6

Senior Planner Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

The interview process was overall pretty great for me as I got an offer and happily accepted. Started off meeting my eventual boss and some heads of departments and had some good, engaging conversations with all, but things took a serious turn the worse when I met with HR in my second interview. She shared some personal information about herself off the bat which I found slightly inappropriate but tried to forget about it. Later in the interview she pointed out several reasons why she didn't feel like I was a good cultural fit for the agency and why she didn't like me. I defended my candidacy as I best could but I do believe she is entitled to have an opinion and should be able to express that opinion on candidates. I just felt it was unprofessional and reflected the company's culture in a poor light. If I was getting this criticized in an interview would I have to deal with the same kind of blasting in this job? After chatting with my department head I accepted the job and a year later am very happy in this position and truly enjoy working with my team.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too difficult or unexpected. Just had to show some writing examples and materials I've created for internal use and client use and presented them as I did for their intended audience.   Answer Question

New Business Manager Interview

I first interviewed with HR and then the Executive New Business Manager. It was actually semi casual and more conversational. Awaiting to hear if I've made it to round 3.

Account Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

It was a great experience. The HR interviewer was kind, professional and yet, let you feel comfortable. The best option is to bring in a portfolio of any work you've done in class or through an advertising organization (something tangible to show off your skills).

Budget Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through a staffing agency – interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

The interview wasn't difficult at all. Although the hardest part of it was how unconventional it is. You interview at a park with dogs walking around. The questions weren't grueling nor intense just a little out of the norm.

Interview Questions
    • Having to deal with the distractions around you being in such a unconventional setting during your interview.   Answer Question
    Non negotiable.

Greeter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

1. I was initially referred through a former employee. It seems to be impossible to get a job (or an interview in the first place) without some sort of reference. This seems to hold true for most of the advertising industry, not just Chiat.

2. I received an email after applying online to set up a time for a phone interview.

3. The phone interview was less than 10 minutes and included very basic questions. No tricks, no situational questions, no industry questions whatsoever except for, "Can you name some of our current clients?" Take 20 minutes to read up on TBWA\Chiat\Day, current clients, and the basics of an advertising agency and you'll be more than fine.

4. I received an email 24 hours after the phone interview to schedule an in-person interview at the office.

5. The in-person interview was with my direct supervisor and was the most laid-back interview I've ever had. Again- no trick questions, no situational questions, no industry questions. Most of the interview was devoted to telling me what the job would entail, the rest was asking me what I liked to do for fun.

6. I was offered the job by phone less than a week after the in-person interview.

Interview Questions
    • Do you know how an advertising agency works? (Phone interview).   View Answer
    No negotiating whatsoever.

Account Supervisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day.

interviewed with a total of 12 people for 2 different accounts.

Interview Questions
    • no questions were too difficult to handle. It's pretty intimidating once you're in the building since it's such a great space and you see Lee Clow walking around.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in April 2013.

pretty good
    2 rounds- initial phone interview with HR, and then in-person interview with team
    Everyone was very nice, no curveballs

None

Intern Interview

interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in September 2012.

Phone Interview. Basic
    In person interview- Why do you want to work there? What skills do you have?

Interview Questions
    • What other agencies have you been to what did you like about each? What did you dislike about each?   Answer Question

New Business Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online – interviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in August 2012.

I applied online and was contacted by HR Department. The first phone interview was conducted by someone in the HR Department. The questions were nothing complex very simple and easy. The second phone interview was with another person in the HR department to place me in a department within the agency. The final interview was in person within the New Business department. It was extremely laid back and easy going. There were not any trick questions. We just went over my resume and I just had to elaborate on previous experiences. Everyone was extremely friendly and welcoming.

Interview Questions
    I was applying for an internship in Los Angeles. The negotiation phases were mainly about what days I can come in. It was an unpaid and for credit internship so salaries were not in the conversation.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at TBWA\Chiat\Day in December 2010.

I first met with two HR representatives you interviewed me, but also prepped me for the upcoming interview with the department I would potentially work for. I was asked my reasons for my interest in the advertising industry and also some top advertisements...ever. Not too stressful, and actually more of a conversation than an interview. The second interview was very similar, essentially just asking me "why?" If you are passionate about the industry, the interview shouldn't be very difficult.

Interview Questions
    • What are your favorite brands in the following industries?   Answer Question