TCF Bank

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.3

Teller Interview

Had one interview then was hired after background check and drug test. Online job application contains a personality test. The interview was really easy and received a call a few days after with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult questions just the basic. Some resume and others behavioral.   Answer Question

Loans Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TCF Bank in November 2014.

I applied online for a job fair and got a phone call 2 months later. The next day I had a phone interview and a week later I went to the job site for a panel interview. After waiting for about 30 minutes after the panel interview, an HR representative interviewed me and made a job offer that I accepted.

Interview Questions
    • When have you provided exceptional customer service?   View Answer
    I negotiated taking some days off during my probation so that I could go on a trip I already had scheduled.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at TCF Bank.

apply online through the website, then you will get a phone interview, then a one on one interview with one of the HR guys, and finally a one on one interview with the branch manager. HR will tell you within a week whether you got the position or not and right away you have to schedule for training classes

Teller II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a weekinterviewed at TCF Bank.

I applied online. A couple of days later, I was contacted by HR. I had my interview the next week. The interview consisted of question about sales, customer service, and my cash-handling experience. The same day, after my interview with HR, I was contacted to schedule a 2nd interview with Branch and Assistant Branch Manager the next day. They asked me to sell them an empty Dasani water bottle. They also asked me what did I think were the duties of a Teller at TCF Bank. I was offered the position the same day.

Interview Questions
    • What do you think a Teller at TCF Bank does?   View Answer
    No option for negotiation

Sales Associate/Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at TCF Bank in October 2014.

I had 3 interviews. The first one was over the phone with a recruiter. The second one was with a recruiter in person. The third one was with the branch manager. The interview questions were very typical. Went over my application. Previous experiences with customers. Online I read about the role playing so, I practiced at home and it was very helpful! Make sure to talk about your customer experience.

Interview Questions
    • 1) Tell me the time when you had to turn NO to a YES.
      2) I had to "sell" an account to a recruiter.

View Answer
    I would definitely negotiate.Go for at least a $1 more.

Sales Associate/Teller Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TCF Bank.

I worked for this company and the teller interview process goes as follows: over the phone interview even thought it is not scheduled. Interview with the recruiter next. If the recruiter likes you he sends you to the branch you requested to work at to interview with the assistant or branch manager. At that point you will get a phone call within 3 days if you get the position. If not you will get an email at some point but if no call within 3 days then you don't have it!

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult questions I feel people struggle with is giving 3 weaknesses, when people say they don't have any it looks really bad since no one is perfect. You are asked to tell a lot of stories and situations from previous jobs such as how have you handled an irate customer in the past or what would you do if you and another employee did not get along...   Answer Question

Branch Management Interview

The hiring and interview process was consistent with general industry protocol. Initial interviews were held on the telephone, subsequent interviews were done in person. The people interviewing were competent and utilized standard interviewing techniques during the entire process. The questions asked were inquisitive, after each interview I was contacted in a professional and timely manner as to my status and next steps necessary to further my securing the position.

BSR Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TCF Bank in July 2014.

Submitted my applications and got a call back within hours. Scheduled a phone interview with their recruiter really easy basic questions. Then scheduled a face to face interview with branch manager. Waited a week to hear back.

Teller I Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Racine, WI

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at TCF Bank in July 2014.

One phone interview, two in person interviews. The phone interview and the first in-person interview were with the same person, then the second interview was with the branch manager at a different branch.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were the usual, with nothing unexpected. Both interviewers asked me about situations where I dealt with a disgruntled or upset customer, and a situation in which I had to multitask, and how I felt about working under pressure.   View Answer
    I accepted the wage I was offered because of my lack of experience in the field.

Sales Associate/Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at TCF Bank in July 2014.

Phone interview, Then an in person interview with HR, then Interview with the branch manager in person. The whole process took about 2 weeks. Everyone was straight forward. It helps to have prior cash handling experience. They look for people who are organized.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where there was a policy at work you didn't agree with, had to mock a sales attempt, many typical interview questions.   Answer Question