TCF Bank Teller Interview Questions

1.9

10 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at TCF Bank.

I had two interviews. The initial interview was given by a corporate office recruiter and the gentleman was very professional. He saw with my previous experience that I would be able to handle the amount of cash flow easily since I had worked at a race track handling a lot of money. The second interview was by the branch manager at the bank I would be working at. I waited 15 minutes for her to call me up. There were many customers waiting so I knew it would be a busy location. The most difficult question was "Why do you wish to work at this bank" because I do not think many people want to work at the lowest rated bank in a city. Also, answering "what are your weaknesses" is always difficult, but I try to answer by using a quality that sounds bad but can be good, such as being OCD (organizational). The hourly wage was quoted to me and I would recommend anyone going into this process to fight for a higher salary, at least asking for a dollar more.

Interview Questions
  • "Why do you wish to work at (a mid-to-low level) this bank?" Please see above for more detail.   Answer Question
I would suggest others negotiate for a higher hourly wage or salary if applying at this bank, especially if they have experience. Otherwise, you will be waiting 6 months for a raise.

Other Interview Reviews for TCF Bank

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Savage, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Savage, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week - interviewed at TCF Bank in August 2013.

Spoke with management, HR, and coworkers. Everyone has to approve of.you. You have to prove that you are worthy and have opportunities to grow. Be prepared to talk about your achievements and how you handle stress under pressure

It was good for school.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Ann Arbor, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ann Arbor, MI

The process took a day - interviewed at TCF Bank in September 2010.

Very straight forward, asked your standard interview questions, also introduced the company and its culture

Interview Questions
    • At TCF we believe in The Customer First, Tell me about a time during your past work experience where you put the customer first.   Answer Question
    no room for negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TCF Bank in June 2010.

I had a brief phone interview, which I thought I bombed, but apparently it was good enough to get me an in-person interview. I got along really well with the recruiter, but since I wanted to work in another region, he got me connected with another recruiter. That recruiter got me two interviews with different branch managers, and I ended up getting the job at the second branch.

Teller Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at TCF Bank in January 2010.

I first had a phone interview, and that was very easy. Then recruiter met me that day, and it was literally 7 minutes. He loved me because of my personality, so just be outgoing and friendly, and you will be good. I was feeling confident then he tells me, I had to meet the branch manager in the bank I would be working for. I was nervous, but I somehow passed.

Interview Questions
    • The first 2 were very easy, you just have to pass the branch manager interview. I don't remember the questions, but that interview is either a pass/fail.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Waukegan, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukegan, IL

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TCF Bank in September 2009.

Anyone looking for a teller position must apply online and then if their application looks good they are contacted by one of the recruiters. The recruiter will then interview them and contact branches if they think the candidate would be a good employee. A branch manager then reviews the application to see if the candidate would be a good fit for the branch and sets up another interview to make a definite decision whether they want this candidate to work at their branch.

Interview Questions
    • There are usually multiple questions regarding specific sales and problem solving scenarios.   View Answer
    They offered a mug higher pay than I was currently retiring so there was no negotiation. The bank does not normally negotiate salaries once their decided.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn Center, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn Center, MN

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TCF Bank in August 2009.

Usually just a one on one interview. Ask you basic customer service questions. Just smile and be nice. They'll usually hire anyone.

Interview Questions
    • What is your biggest weakness? or Describe a time where you had to solve a difficult problem.   Answer Question
    They don't really negotiate. They just tell you what you're starting rate will be.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Berwyn, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berwyn, IL

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at TCF Bank in December 2008.

I was asked to pretend to sell a pen and convince an imaginary person as to why this pen (representing TCF) is better than their standard pen. Yeah.

Teller Interview

The process took a day - interviewed at TCF Bank in June 2010.

Was not a very long interview. The HR person called and just asked me about my availability and what would happen when school starts.

Teller Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at TCF Bank in August 2007.

One of the branches was having a interview fair, where you go to the branch, fill out an application and they interview you on the spot.

Interview Questions
    No negotation was necessary.

Worked for TCF Bank? Contribute to the Community!