TCU Interview Questions

Updated Jul 22, 2015

2.0

Intramural Official Interview

Interview

For the hiring and interview process, you meet with the leader of intramural officiating, Sheldon Tate. The training for the intramural department is top notch here at Texas Christian University. I cannot say enough about this program.

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at TCU.

Interview

I filled out an application first. Within about a week, I was contacted to come in for an interview. I came dressed in normal interview attire (suit, blouse, heels), and the interviewer was dressed in jeans and a casual top. I was expecting a little more on the professional end, especially because they work professional events. After the first one-on-one interview, I was invited back for a second interview, in which I was interviewed by the same woman in addition to two others. About two weeks after that interview, I was contacted to let me know that I was not being offered the position.

Interview Questions

• They asked all the normal interview questions. In the second interview, they asked more situational and hypothetical questions, such as "How would you react if XYZ happened?"   Answer Question

Teaching Assistant Interview

Interview

Get to know the professors, and prove that you know what you're doing as a grad student. They asked me to do it without an interview, it was awesome! It really helps to have some teaching experience in undergrad to pull from, so try to get in there first, it makes the interview less important when you've already proven your skill-set.

Interview Questions

• No questions asked except for "do you want to be a TA?"   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in May 2013.

Interview

It was very easy. The head of my graduate program reached out to see if any of us would be interested in working with a professor. We were all assigned at random a few months later. It was our responsibility to reach out to our professor during the school year to see what we could do for them.

Senior IT Support Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied in-person – interviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

I kept bugging them with emails, phone calls and letters. It was a lengthy process because they did not need anyone at the time and I had to convince them that they needed me because of my specialized people and compter skills.

Interview Questions

• How to do wireless connectivity.   1 Answer

Negotiation

Excruciating.

Graphic Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2009.

Interview

I was invited in for an interview. The company worried that the position was below my desired income

Interview Questions

• Would you be happy working for this salary, and knowing that raises or promotions would be rare?   1 Answer

Student Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in August 2009.

Interview

I was interviewed by my future boss about my skills and work history. She asked me about my skills and what I would be able to contribute the office. When I was hired I was told I was on a probationary period and could be terminated at anytime during that month. I preformed well and ended up working with them for 3years.

Interview Questions

• What was a time when you failed?   1 Answer
    • What is your greatest skill and how will it help my company?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was not offered a salary negotiation because it was an entry level position and it was assumed that I would quit once I graduated from TCU.

Administrative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Beaumont, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TCU (Beaumont, TX) in May 2009.

Interview

It was very easy and well organized and everyone genuinely was interested in what I had to say. They were courteous and helpful with regard to the position as well.

Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at TCU (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

Put in an application. It was reviewed. Had a telephone interview. Was offered the job.