TCW Interview Questions

Updated May 9, 2014

3.2

Applications Development Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at TCW in May 2014.

What do you know about this company, this position, this program. Then go directly into what you have done related to this position. They will ask details about your projects and work. Building models in different software. They are looking for someone who knows both finance and computer programming.

Investment Management Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TCW in November 2011.

Interview was set up through campus career services and interview was conducted on campus. Questions included walk me through your resume, why this industry, why this company. How has your last job prepared you for this position? Why get an MBA now? Be prepared to pitch a stock. They will try to poke holes in your pitch; be ready to defend it. I also gave the interviewer my tear sheet and backup calculations. Interview as 30 -45 minutes.

Interview Questions
    • Why did you pitch this company versus Company X and Company Z in the same industry?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at TCW in December 2009.

I had a telephonic interview first. later was brought over onsite and interviewed again by the same people.
    Few days later had a panel interview with six people , followed by interview by the CTO.

It might sound like a lot of interviews, but they were all pretty easy and fair.

Securities Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at TCW in December 2010.

The interviewer tried to make it more of a conversation, and they were overall pretty friendly. They asked basic questions about my knowledge/experience within the securities industry. Nothing really technical about the interview, just asked about a few concepts. Overall not a bad interview.

Interview Questions

Worked for TCW? Contribute to the Community!