TCW

Very Difficult Interview

Applications Development Intern Interview

Applications Development Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at TCW in May 2014.

Interview Details – What do you know about this company, this position, this program. Then go directly into what you have done related to this position. They will ask details about your projects and work. Building models in different software. They are looking for someone who knows both finance and computer programming.

Interview Question – Building cashflow models in C++   Answer Question

Investment Management Intern Interview

Investment Management Intern
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at TCW in November 2011.

Interview Details – Interview was set up through campus career services and interview was conducted on campus. Questions included walk me through your resume, why this industry, why this company. How has your last job prepared you for this position? Why get an MBA now? Be prepared to pitch a stock. They will try to poke holes in your pitch; be ready to defend it. I also gave the interviewer my tear sheet and backup calculations. Interview as 30 -45 minutes.

Interview Question – Why did you pitch this company versus Company X and Company Z in the same industry?   Answer Question

Information Technology Interview

Information Technology
Los Angeles, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at TCW in December 2009.

Interview Details – I had a telephonic interview first. later was brought over onsite and interviewed again by the same people.
Few days later had a panel interview with six people , followed by interview by the CTO.

It might sound like a lot of interviews, but they were all pretty easy and fair.

Interview Question – how much experience do you have?   View Answer

Securities Analyst Interview

Securities Analyst
Los Angeles, CA

The process took a day - interviewed at TCW in December 2010.

Interview Details – The interviewer tried to make it more of a conversation, and they were overall pretty friendly. They asked basic questions about my knowledge/experience within the securities industry. Nothing really technical about the interview, just asked about a few concepts. Overall not a bad interview.

Interview Question – Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   Answer Question

Worked for TCW? Contribute to the Community!