TD Ameritrade Branch Manager Interview Questions

3.8

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at TD Ameritrade in September 2014.

Interview

I applied for a branch manager position at TD Ameritrade via their online system. After a few days (not too long) I was contacted for a phone interview. Recruiter was very nice, asked questions about current positions, why I want to leave, etc. Gave me information about the position and let me ask all the questions I had. At the end of the interview I was sent a link to a sales assessment test which I took online.

Other Interview Reviews for TD Ameritrade

Branch Manager Interview

Interview

Interview occured with a Ristrict Manager as well as a Divisional Vice President. Each interview was very structured (they were working from a list of questions), but was conversational in approach. Interview were done over multiple days, each person asked a different set of questions based upon how the positon affected either thier Region or Division.

Interview Questions

• Best Question: What do I think will be the most important variable to ensure branch success.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at TD Ameritrade (Saint Louis, MO) in January 2010.

Interview

Sales Key a Personality Test and quick check credit completed prior to interviews. Multiple interviews. They are very social organization that collaborates so want team players who share best practices. You have to be willing to share a great deal of your ideas.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had conflicting priorities. How did you decide what came first?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Some negotiation possible. If they want you they will do what they can within their limits.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in February 2010.

Interview

Multiple phone interviews. Initial phone screen with recruiter just to see if you are breathing, have licenses etc.

Face to face for finals. Hiring Branch Manager will always have a Regional Interviewer who will be set up as just another interview, but know that only finalists get this far and treat it as a go / no go interview, not an informational interview.

Mostly behavior based questions with a focus on coaching new associates to success, holding people accountable for goals etc.

Turnover is high among associates, so interviews will want proof that you can continually recruit and ramp up new associates. You will spend the majority of your time finding talent and trying to keep the pretty good beyond one year.

Interview Questions

• People at your former firm have not been successful here at TDA. Can you explain why you would be successful here?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is some room to move up on negotiations. When they make an offer, they may not have a solid alternative, so room to negotiate up an easy $5k.

Branch Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at TD Ameritrade in January 2009.

Interview

Respectful. Multiple interviews from different perspectives.

Interview Questions

• If you had a choice between being a successful sales manager or being well liked by your team, which would you choose and why?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Able to negotiate more. If they pick you, they want you so ask for reasonable amount more and they will work to consider